Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 02:37:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Addresses disappearing from bitcoin-qt  (Read 727 times)
susanne (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2012, 01:03:33 AM

Sometimes if I start up the bitcoin-qt program and click on the "Receive coins" button, then I can only see some of my addresses, but not all of them. Same thing happens with the address book. I added an address there yesterday and when I started the program today, there was nothing there.

If I restart the program, it displays all my addresses and my address book correctly.

This happens from time to time and I have no idea what is causing it.
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 30, 2012, 01:09:20 AM

Could be a bug, but Bitcoin-Qt is supposed to hide empty addresses unless there is some other reason that it should be showing it, such as it considers one to be your current receive address.  Are you seeing some disappear that should have funds?

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
susanne (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2012, 01:23:45 AM

I checked all the addresses on blockchain.info and one of the addresses that was hidden had 0 BTC under the field "Final Balance" and the other one that was hidden had 0.0004 BTC.

I can understand why the first one disappeared temporarily, but not why the second one disappeared.

I also experimented with a bit of mining a little while ago and I got quite a few Blue Screens of Death while I was doing it. I had to press the restart button on my computer while bitcoin-qt was still running. Could that have possibly messed up something?
nobbynobbynoob

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Annuit cœptis humanae libertas

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2012, 01:31:08 AM

Something similar has happened to me once. I reloaded Bitcoin-Qt and all was well. I think it could just be a glitch?

Earn Free Bitcoins!   Earn bitcoin via BitcoinGet
BTC tip: 1PKkvuwC24Vqjv9odigXs1QVzE66jEJqmb (if <200 µBTC, please donate to charity)
LTC tip: LRqXaNdF79QHvhPpS5AZdEJZnLiNnAkJvq (if <Ł0,05, please donate to charity)
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 30, 2012, 01:53:37 AM

I checked all the addresses on blockchain.info and one of the addresses that was hidden had 0 BTC under the field "Final Balance" and the other one that was hidden had 0.0004 BTC.

I can understand why the first one disappeared temporarily, but not why the second one disappeared.

I also experimented with a bit of mining a little while ago and I got quite a few Blue Screens of Death while I was doing it. I had to press the restart button on my computer while bitcoin-qt was still running. Could that have possibly messed up something?

There is no telling with the BSoD, anything can go wrong there.  I don't use M$ products on principle, so I can't help you there.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
susanne (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2012, 02:35:29 PM

Thanks for the replies.

I guess it might be a glitch then.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: