Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 11:30:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Markets Tanking >>> Bitcoin Steady Climb >>> Safe Haven Effect Kicking in  (Read 1419 times)
keepdoing (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 01:21:40 PM

indeed, i would like to think it is undervalued but even at the last halfing, the majority of it was market manipulation. with the prices getting higher you need more money to manipulate it.Will this happen? i dont know.
And that is the problem.... the bitcoin pool (capitol investment) is getting bigger fast, and it is getting more and more expensive/difficult to tamp down the market.  At some point fear/safe haven effect could overrun the manipulators ability to keep price reasonably down.  You could see this thing blow through the old highs in a day.  Then I think the challenge will be to manipulate the price to stabilise at that new level, without allowing any of the Fiat Banks to instigate a series of Super Smacks that they might hope to use to eternally kill the reputation of bitcoin in the masses.

That will most likely only happen if it coincides with a Network breakdown.  Hope the people that matter are paying attention and developing at least some sense of urgency.
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 05:28:58 PM

I believe they will be the first switching over to Bitcoin and precious metals if fiat and financial markets go down. Big investors, global companies, hedge funds are the ones who will be first.Just alone this could create crazy spikes!
My biggest concern would be if the network could handle all that in a very short time.There's a lot of work to do and we can not waist time.

Just alone the halving will create another big media attention I believe, which could trigger another wave of new participants.
You nailed it right there.  I'm not saying that the price explosion and mainstream furor is imminent, but it COULD happen soon, and it COULD happen quickly, very very quickly.  

That is why it is so imperative that the Core Dev Team / Miners / Exchanges get through this existing Scaling hurdle.  There are a lot of people watching this and saying, these people simply do not get it...... this financial crisis could happen fast.  Again, NOT saying it will happen this coming week, and I am not quite ready to declare we're at the beginning of a huge liftoff - but if Bitcoin recovers all the way by end of weekend from the 13% triple smackdown they just attempted, then I say odds are that we just got a lot closer to liftoff.

I think things are growing at a good pace, the last convention was a success with the presentation of sigwit, so we are making progress. We will be able to scale before the average joe catches up and the transaction volume skyrockets, we are still at least 1 to 2 years before the average folk jumps in and that time is exactly what it take for the lightning network to start scaling it to worldwide levels.
keepdoing (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 05:41:01 AM

I believe they will be the first switching over to Bitcoin and precious metals if fiat and financial markets go down. Big investors, global companies, hedge funds are the ones who will be first.Just alone this could create crazy spikes!
My biggest concern would be if the network could handle all that in a very short time.There's a lot of work to do and we can not waist time.

Just alone the halving will create another big media attention I believe, which could trigger another wave of new participants.
You nailed it right there.  I'm not saying that the price explosion and mainstream furor is imminent, but it COULD happen soon, and it COULD happen quickly, very very quickly.  

That is why it is so imperative that the Core Dev Team / Miners / Exchanges get through this existing Scaling hurdle.  There are a lot of people watching this and saying, these people simply do not get it...... this financial crisis could happen fast.  Again, NOT saying it will happen this coming week, and I am not quite ready to declare we're at the beginning of a huge liftoff - but if Bitcoin recovers all the way by end of weekend from the 13% triple smackdown they just attempted, then I say odds are that we just got a lot closer to liftoff.

I think things are growing at a good pace, the last convention was a success with the presentation of sigwit, so we are making progress. We will be able to scale before the average joe catches up and the transaction volume skyrockets, we are still at least 1 to 2 years before the average folk jumps in and that time is exactly what it take for the lightning network to start scaling it to worldwide levels.
1 to 2 years away?  I don't think so.

And as it relates to the topic of this thread, a pretty good Bitcoin Investment Series just stared running at Forbes.com.  This thing is getting ready to start moving faster.   1 to 2 years.  That is just plain stupid.  I don't care if you want to put your faith in a Lightening based scaling solution - but if the basis of the timelines for those plans is beig made by people like you - then Bitcoin is in S#!t trouble.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/laurashin/2015/12/11/should-you-invest-in-bitcoin-10-arguments-in-favor-as-of-december-2015/
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: