Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:39:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Problems with BlockChain.info Two Factor Authentication  (Read 5516 times)
sebicas (OP)

Activity: 69
Merit: 20

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2012, 03:06:43 AM

This is the second time I need to request BlockChain.info to reset my Two Factor Authentication since is not working... it keep saying "Authentication code is incorrect - X login attempts left"

I am using Google Authenticator on a Nexus S

Anyone else having the same problem?
Any idea of how to solve it?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
finway

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 30, 2012, 03:19:20 AM

This is the second time I need to request BlockChain.info to reset my Two Factor Authentication since is not working... it keep saying "Authentication code is incorrect - X login attempts left"

Check your clock.

sebicas (OP)

Activity: 69
Merit: 20

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2012, 05:17:00 PM

Check your clock.

Besides BlockChain.info I have Gmail, MtGox & many other sites... and I have no problem with those... so I don't think is a problem with the clock.
meelos

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 01:42:44 PM

Same here although I've not had any response after six weeks!

I bricked my mobile phone and had to request the removal of my 2-factor authentication on 18th June 2013. I've contacted the support desk a further 5 times since but still no response.

My ticket status' simply state that they are "Awaiting assignment to a support agent".

Awful service.
Paladin69

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 09:16:15 PM

I bricked my mobile phone and had to request the removal of my 2-factor authentication on 18th June 2013. I've contacted the support desk a further 5 times since but still no response.

My ticket status' simply state that they are "Awaiting assignment to a support agent".

Awful service.

I'm having the same problem with all of my blockchain.info wallets.  I think Authenticator is out of sync ever since the app updated on my Android.  But gmail and other things work fine.

You've been waiting 6 weeks?  This sucks.
Paladin69

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 09:29:36 PM

Check your clock.

Actually for me this worked.  My Automatic date & time wasn't checked on my Android.  That is crazy picky because gmail works.  I guess that is a good thing.
meelos

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 12:51:10 AM

Make it 7 weeks... Just no response whatsoever. I hear that some employees are monitoring the forums so I guess I just have to wait until this thread gets bumped into someones radar. Sad
Mooshire

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 02:29:28 AM

Make it 7 weeks... Just no response whatsoever. I hear that some employees are monitoring the forums so I guess I just have to wait until this thread gets bumped into someones radar. Sad

Don't even bother submitting a zendesk ticket, they get sent to the void.

🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 11:40:27 AM

Awful service.

I'm having the same problem with all of my blockchain.info wallets.  I think Authenticator is out of sync ever since the app updated on my Android.  But gmail and other things work fine.

You've been waiting 6 weeks?  This sucks.

With 2FA, the site can choose how much "leeway" it has. Gmail probably has a leeway of 2 cycles (+- 59 seconds), while blockchain.info only 1 (+= 29 seconds).
iron77

Activity: 112
Merit: 22

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 02:24:34 PM

6 weeks here also. I've tried few methods but no response anywhere.
Abdussamad
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 1564

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 02:52:06 PM

If you have backups you can just import the private keys to a new desktop wallet and forget about blockchain.info. I recommend electrum.
meelos

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 01:29:22 AM

Don't even bother submitting a zendesk ticket, they get sent to the void.

Is there any other way of getting through to them?
Going on 8 weeks now. Sad

Thanks.
iron77

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 12:15:45 PM

Unfortunately, they seem to be unreachable on any method, email, zendesk, bitcointalk PM. Sounds like only thing we can do now is to hope they will show up at some point of the future :/.
meelos

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 01:26:22 AM

Just received a standard email saying:

" Your request (#****) has been solved. To reopen this request, reply to this email or click the link below:
http://blockchain.zendesk.com/tickets/****"

Although when I tried to login the 2-factor authentication is still required... So they've solved nothing. Probably just closing tickets en-masse to reduce the backlog.

Sent a reply... I'll wait a while longer before I start bombarding every periodical I can find to see if one of them is interested in investigating. Blockchain is a pretty big fish in the Bitcoin pond, it bears the burden of responsibility and should be held accountable for such a crappy service. If it's a funding issue then I'd be happy to pay for support for something that is my mistake. It is free after all. But still, if you can't support 2-factor, don't make it available.

:/
iron77

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 05:34:56 PM

Thanks for reporting that. Hopefully they will take care of it sooner or later.
meelos

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 06:16:42 PM

Just thought I'd let you all know they've resolved the ticket and reset authentication. This was their message:

"We've approved your two-factor authentication reset request. Thanks again for being a blockchain user Smiley

We apologize for how long this took. We have a lot of safeties in place for good reason, but it can make processing these requests quite tedious and slow. We're experiencing some growing pains as nearly 400,000 users rely on our free service. We're doing our best to keep up and plan to add more resources. As we've gotten bigger there are a lot of smart people trying to take advantage of uninformed Bitcoin users."

So hopefully they'll resolve everybody's ticket soon too.
iron77

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 10:35:37 PM

Nice!

You're saying 'ticket', so to confirm, was https://blockchain.zendesk.com/ the place where they have finally made the contact with you? Also, when did you opened the ticket?
Earthness2000

Activity: 5

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 10:28:58 AM

Awful service.

they wont reply ofcourse , people does not read , if you lost your 2fa , you sumbit the form , after that you go on your mail and approve it , then they send sms code to the device and wait , the sms contains "hey someone wants to reset your 2fa , is that really you or no ?" they send cancelation link on the sms, if the real owner says "hell no its not me " then the process will be canceled , OR if it wont be any reaction from the sms  sent then after a while your 2fa will be reset within xx hours . the process takes that much long , in case the owner does not see the sms or he is busy reading his phone (security shits measure)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: