Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 05:53:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If DASH is so confident why are they trying so hard to beat Monero?  (Read 3771 times)
cryptodromeda (OP)

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 09:32:53 PM

I really don't get it. Every time I log on here I see this perpetual war between Dash and Monero. Why?

Just do your own thing and let the best coin win. There's no need for this endless war. It's getting seriously fatiguing.

Besides, the price of both coins tends to go up and down together anyway.

It's a kind of blindness that reason alone cannot cure.
onemorexmr

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 10:48:45 PM

I really don't get it. Every time I log on here I see this perpetual war between Dash and Monero. Why?

Just do your own thing and let the best coin win. There's no need for this endless war. It's getting seriously fatiguing.

true,

i (sometimes) write against DASH when i see something from them which is scammy (eg "banning users in evolution" - their next version).

i hate scams and wont keep my mouth shut when i see one. but i have mostly given up...i was active writing against dash before i saw monero (on flower1024 (sold) and onemorebtc accounts)

but i understand why they write against monero: they fear it

XMR || Monero || monerodice.net || xmr.to || mymonero.com || openalias.org || you think bitcoin is fungible? watch this
DaveyJones

Activity: 768
Merit: 505

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 10:48:51 PM

Its less Dash vs Monero but different characters from both camps going back and forth... and as everyone got their free will its not up to anyone but themselves to stop that.
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 11:18:19 PM
Last edit: December 12, 2015, 12:18:05 AM by qwizzie

To OP :

What would you do if it was your cryptocurrency, your community and your lead developer that was under constant well-organised troll attack
in both the Altcoin Discussion section and in your own cryptocurrency's ANN thread and where lies and fud (fear, uncertainty, doubt) are used as main weapons ?

Would you :

A : Ignore it and hope it will just go away
B : Refute the lies and fud so it looses value
c : Something else (please explain what exactly)

Also take into consideration that it was Monero that started this whole smearing and fud campaign against Dash some time ago, you are just witnessing the
end-result / later phase of it.    

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
Lebubar
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 11:20:55 PM

true,

i (sometimes) write against DASH when i see something from them which is scammy (eg "banning users in evolution" - their next version).

i hate scams and wont keep my mouth shut when i see one. but i have mostly given up...i was active writing against dash before i saw monero (on flower1024 (sold) and onemorebtc accounts)

lloooooooollllll

Make your home work:
How many post from Trolleros Monero comunity in ANN Dash thread (hundreds of hundred)? (and most of them insulting - lying-)
How many post from Dash community in ANN XMR thread? maybe one per month, even nothing..?

I would say Trolleros just hate us because we exist.
We hate them because they are always in our thread - insulting-.

So really Monero fear us. Nobody give a shit about them (other than being always in our thread).
They even send us a "Real life" Troll to one of our presentation...
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 11:25:59 PM

Yes. DASH/XMR has been in flat trading range for close to six months. https://www.poloniex.com/exchange#xmr_dash

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
DrkLvr_

Activity: 724
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 12:43:38 AM

true,

lloooooooollllll

Make your home work:
How many post from Trolleros Monero comunity in ANN Dash thread (hundreds of hundred)? (and most of them insulting - lying-)
How many post from Dash community in ANN XMR thread? maybe one per month, even nothing..?

I would say Trolleros just hate us because we exist.
We hate them because they are always in our thread - insulting-.

So really Monero fear us. Nobody give a shit about them (other than being always in our thread).
They even send us a "Real life" Troll to one of our presentation...

Yeah, a coin with no instamine and instant mixing has SO MUCH to fear from an instamine scam coin with tampered emission after launch, and that takes 2-3 days of mixing before you can send an anon tx  Cheesy

Lol @ this guy Lebular though. How's that lobotomy working out Lebular? I hear you became a big Dash supporter after undergoing the procedure.

eddie13
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262

BTC or BUST

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 12:52:14 AM

The crypto hatfields and mccoys..

Chancellor on Brink of Second Bailout for Banks
shanem
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 02:35:10 AM

DASH and Monero are competitors in anonymous technology so of course they are trying to beat each other. This is the same as many different industries.
No matter how confident one company is, they are always trying hard to beat the other competitor(s).

█           
           ██           
          ██████         
         ████████         
        ██████████       
       ████████████       
      ██████████████     
     ████████████████     
    ██████████████████   
   ████████████████████   
  ██████████▀▀██████████ 
 ███▀▄████▀    ▀████▄▀███
██▀ ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄ ▀██

░▄███████████▄░░░▄███████████▄░░▄███▄░░░░░░▄███▄░░▄██████████▄░░░████████████████░░░░██████████░░░░███████████████░░█████████████████
█████░░░░░░░███░████▀░░░░░▀████░█████▄░░░░▄█████░███▀░░░░░░▀███░███░░░░████░░░███░░███░░░░░░░░██░░███░░░░░░░░░░░███░███████░░░░██████
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████░▀█████▄░░▄█████▀░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░████░░███░░░███░░░██░░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░████░░▀█████░░█████▀░░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░███░░░███░░░███░░████░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░█████░░░▀████▄▄████▀░░░███▄░░░░░░▄███░███░░░░███░░███░░░░██░░░████░░███░███░░░░░░░░░░███▀░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░▀████████▀░░░░████████████▀░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░████░░░██░███░░░█████████░░░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████▄░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░███░░░███░░██░░░░░░░░░░░██░███░░░░░░░░░░███▄░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░███░██░░░░████░░░░█░███░░░█████▄░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
███████████████░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░░██░██░░░██████░░░█░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
░▀███████████▀░░░███░░░░░░░████░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░████████████████░███████████████░░███████████████░░░░░░█████████░░░░
|
▂▃▅ Quick buy and sell bitcoins online. Fast and secure ▅▃▂
Facebook】【Twitter】【Telegram】【Medium】【Instagram
|
spatula

Activity: 507

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 04:29:29 AM

DASH isn't trying to "beat" Monero, I mean look at the market cap. The market has already decided that DASH has "beat" Monero at this point and I really don't see that changing anytime soon.

What is going on is that DASH users fall for the basic Monero marketing tactics, many of which include posting constantly in the DASH thread. There are almost no DASH users trolling on the Monero thread because, why would they?

DASH users need to stop falling for the Monero marketing tricks and constant annoyances that they perpetually spew on to the DASH thread.

The only people who have anything to gain in a fight between DASH and Monero is Monero. Just like any small company directly attacking its market leading competitor.
cryptodromeda (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 04:43:49 AM

DASH isn't trying to "beat" Monero, I mean look at the market cap. The market has already decided that DASH has "beat" Monero at this point and I really don't see that changing anytime soon.

What is going on is that DASH users fall for the basic Monero marketing tactics, many of which include posting constantly in the DASH thread. There are almost no DASH users trolling on the Monero thread because, why would they?

DASH users need to stop falling for the Monero marketing tricks and constant annoyances that they perpetually spew on to the DASH thread.

The only people who have anything to gain in a fight between DASH and Monero is Monero. Just like any small company directly attacking its market leading competitor.

You're certainly right about Dash having a higher market cap. There's no denying that.

However, it just seems that Dash is perpetually trying to be as credible and respected as Monero - they've noticed that Greg Maxwell, Peter Todd ets all are firmly in the Monero camp - even Charlie Lee of Litecoin has spoken out that it's hard for people to get behind Dash. So it just seems that Dash have sour grapes and are constantly on the attack.

Just look at the altcoin discussion thread right now. It's riddled with this shit.

Of course there are antagonists on all sides. What we need is diplomacy and PEACE. Enough of this war already.

spatula

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 04:58:49 AM

You're certainly right about Dash having a higher market cap. There's no denying that.

However, it just seems that Dash is perpetually trying to be as credible and respected as Monero - they've noticed that Greg Maxwell, Peter Todd ets all are firmly in the Monero camp - even Charlie Lee of Litecoin has spoken out that it's hard for people to get behind Dash. So it just seems that Dash have sour grapes and are constantly on the attack.

Just look at the altcoin discussion thread right now. It's riddled with this shit.

Of course there are antagonists on all sides. What we need is diplomacy and PEACE. Enough of this war already.

I understand where you are coming from, and it would help a lot if the DASH users would just not respond to the Monero marketing behavior. And you are right, I'm sure there are antagonists on both sides, but it is at least 10 to 1 ratio if not more. There are literally thousands of Monero user's posts in the DASH thread, and almost no DASH users posting in the Monero thread.

The vast majority of the anti-Monero stuff we see from the DASH users is in response to the relentless Monero attacks.
cryptodromeda (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 05:20:17 AM

I understand where you are coming from, and it would help a lot if the DASH users would just not respond to the Monero marketing behavior. And you are right, I'm sure there are antagonists on both sides, but it is at least 10 to 1 ratio if not more. There are literally thousands of Monero user's posts in the DASH thread, and almost no DASH users posting in the Monero thread.

The vast majority of the anti-Monero stuff we see from the DASH users is in response to the relentless Monero attacks.

Agreed but you have to appreciate the reason why so many people criticise Dash. Many people were disturbed by the instamine situation and challenged it. There was mixed signals from Dash about the instamine and as such there has never really been a conclusion to the argument. It just lingers. So, in a sense it's an argument that revolves around Dash's credibility.

It's not fair to say that this happens due to Monero marketing, because Monero simply doesn't do marketing. It's just not part of it's composition. There are just a lot of people out there that say, "hang on Dash, you've told a big fat lie." I think that's what Charlie Lee was getting at.

You mention that "there are literally thousands of Monero user's posts in the DASH thread, and almost no DASH users posting in the Monero thread." This is true, but this is an unfortunate symptom of having a large and vocal community. Monero is big, and the bigger it gets, the more uncontrollable it becomes. We saw the same thing with Bitcoin (and even with Doge). Where there is passion, there is vocality and sometimes this causes conflict.

I think also Dash doesn't help matter by baiting and inciting the Monero community to respond. It's like Dash recognises the power of Monero, and so whenever Dash need a thread bumping up to the top, they'll deliberately say something inflammatory which will cause the Monero / Bitcoin communities to respond.

What we need is a Christmas Peace initiative! Smiley

spatula

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 05:57:44 AM

Agreed but you have to appreciate the reason why so many people criticise Dash. Many people were disturbed by the instamine situation and challenged it. There was mixed signals from Dash about the instamine and as such there has never really been a conclusion to the argument. It just lingers. So, in a sense it's an argument that revolves around Dash's credibility.

It's not fair to say that this happens due to Monero marketing, because Monero simply doesn't do marketing. It's just not part of it's composition. There are just a lot of people out there that say, "hang on Dash, you've told a big fat lie." I think that's what Charlie Lee was getting at.

You mention that "there are literally thousands of Monero user's posts in the DASH thread, and almost no DASH users posting in the Monero thread." This is true, but this is an unfortunate symptom of having a large and vocal community. Monero is big, and the bigger it gets, the more uncontrollable it becomes. We saw the same thing with Bitcoin (and even with Doge). Where there is passion, there is vocality and sometimes this causes conflict.

I think also Dash doesn't help matter by baiting and inciting the Monero community to respond. It's like Dash recognises the power of Monero, and so whenever Dash need a thread bumping up to the top, they'll deliberately say something inflammatory which will cause the Monero / Bitcoin communities to respond.

What we need is a Christmas Peace initiative! Smiley

I only have a couple disagreements about what you posted, the Monero users who post constantly in the DASH thread are not doing so because they are passionate, or because they want to protect newbies from getting scammed or some other noble cause they like to claim. People troll like that because they are financially invested and are trying to protect and grow their own investment.

Also, I don't think that DASH "recognizes the power of Monero", or even really considers them a competitor. The DASH team is looking forward at competitors that have larger marketcaps, not backwards. The "power of Monero" is that they have a few large investors, and an exchange that would benefit greatly from their future success.

Yes, the Monero users get some DASH users all worked up and in a frenzy over their non stop posting in the DASH thread, and they respond in kind, which is way more attention than any small marketcap coin deserves.

Don't get me wrong though, of the small coins that require a bit of scrolling on coinmarketcap.com to get to, Monero is one of my favorites. I have made some good money in the past trading it, but the block reward is way too high still and the behavior of many of their user base is going to ensure a downward price for at least the next year or so. I plan to buy back in somewhere around $0.10 USD at that time once coin emission is under control.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 06:21:59 AM

I think Dash and Monero are both neat cryptocurrencies. Each are trying different things and I see merit in both of their designs and road maps. So, hopefully you guys can learn to get along because it doesn't look like either coin is dying anytime soon. Smiley
Macrochip

Activity: 465
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2015, 01:32:38 PM
Last edit: December 12, 2015, 01:43:27 PM by Macrochip

Many people were disturbed by the instamine situation and challenged it. There was mixed signals from Dash about the instamine and as such there has never really been a conclusion to the argument. It just lingers. So, in a sense it's an argument that revolves around Dash's credibility.

BULLSHIT

Also: LOL @ Power of Moronero

Not a single person of the Dash community gave a flying fuck about that cripplemined Bytecoin-cloned pile of shit until they started spamming our ANN without provocation for the last 20 months. I didn't even know it fucking existed until they came up to us trolling and spamming the same shit over and over like the retards they are.

What a crock of shit this entire thread is. Your pathetic attempt at ninja-trolling failed. Hard.

PS:
Please change the thread title to "If the Mount Everest is so confident why is it trying so hard to beat my hill of beans?"  just to illustrate the stupidity of that question Cheesy

DrkLvr_

Activity: 724

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 01:58:56 PM
Last edit: December 12, 2015, 04:13:41 PM by DrkLvr_

Having a higher market cap when you instamine 30% of the coins and keep them locked in a HYIP POS scheme like DASH dev eduffield has done is trivial

Anyone can start their own shitcoin, issue 15 million coins and sell 1 to your friend for a dollar. There you go you just made a coin with the same $15,000,000 marketcap as Dash.

You're just a Dash bagholder who believes in instamined coins with a tampered emission, lying snake-oil developers who announce features like masternode blinding which never get implented, unuseable anon that takes 24-72 hours to send a simple anon tx and of course, the most toxic community in crypto BY FAR with examples such as MasterMined710 and volvoya.

Macrochip has no choice but to cheer for Dash, he's down over $100,000 in his Dash holdings... use a 20% stop loss next time.. or better yet don't invest in scam coins like "daesh" in the first place

Dash Sad
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 02:04:29 PM

Many people were disturbed by the instamine situation and challenged it. There was mixed signals from Dash about the instamine and as such there has never really been a conclusion to the argument. It just lingers. So, in a sense it's an argument that revolves around Dash's credibility.

BULLSHIT

Also: LOL @ Power of Moronero

Not a single person of the Dash community gave a flying fuck about that cripplemined Bytecoin-cloned pile of shit until they started spamming our ANN without provocation for the last 20 months. I didn't even know it fucking existed until they came up to us trolling and spamming the same shit over and over like the retards they are.

What a crock of shit this entire thread is. Your pathetic attempt at ninja-trolling failed. Hard.

PS:
Please change the thread title to "If the Mount Everest is so confident why is it trying so hard to beat my hill of beans?"  just to illustrate the stupidity of that question Cheesy

And how do you quantify "The Dash Community"?

Are you part of the Dash community...

if you own any dash?

if you kiss Evan's ass?

Or is it if you act like a cultist and have some sort of stockholm syndrome?

I've said it many times that my posting there was not for "the dash community" but the newbs who come to the crypto scene not knowing any better and investing without knowing all the hidden facts behind the shady history of Dark/Dash/Evan/etc.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 02:06:53 PM

Having a higher market cap when you instamine 30% of the coins and keep them locked in a HYIP POS scheme like DASH dev eduffield has done is trivial

Anyone can start their own shitcoin, issue 15 million coins and sell 1 to your friend for a dollar. There you go you just made a coin with the same $15,000,000 marketcap as Dash.

You're just a Dash bagholder who believes in instamined coins with a tampered emission, lying snake-oil developers who announce features like masternode blinding which never get implented, unuseable anon that takes 24-72 hours to send a simple anon tx and of course, the most toxic community in crypto BY FAR with examples such as MasterMined710 and volvoya.

Macrochip has no choice but to cheer for Dash, he's down over $100,000 USD in his Dash holdings... use a 20% stop loss next time Macrochip.. or better yet don't invest in scam coins like "daesh" in the first place

Dash Sad

Proof of bolded claim?

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2015, 02:12:51 PM

Macrochip has no choice but to cheer for Dash, he's down over $100,000 USD in his Dash holdings... use a 20% stop loss next time Macrochip.. or better yet don't invest in scam coins like "daesh" in the first place

Dash Sad

Proof of bolded claim?

Bitterness.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: