Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 12:12:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin arcade machine?  (Read 4502 times)
Jeremycoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 11:14:50 PM

This might sound crazy but do you ever imagined yourself playing with an arcade cabinet, with the ability to pay with Bitcoins instead of a quarter? (0.25 usd)

I have been looking for such machine that would serve that purpose, but I can't seem to find it. It will be real fun to play some of the arcade classics with your BTC. Don't you think?  Cheesy

Bitcoin isn't the most suited for this use case because of the long confirmation times. Can you imagine adding a credit and waiting minutes just to start your game.

The confirmation time is not a problem, you can just buy more than a quarter. Let say $5, then you have 20 times to play the game. In that way, you don't need to wait such a long time if you buy more credit at once.

faucet used to be profitable

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
larem

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 05:00:29 AM

Facebook could be the first one to take the step to accept bitcoin to get the bonus they always offer at their games.

If Facebook would adopt Bitcoin as the preferred form of payment, this would certainly gain the attention of lots of people from around the world and spread awareness of cryptocurrencies. I have always loved to buy Facebook Credits with Bitcoins. Then I could use them in Facebook games and it will be so much fun. Just my opinion.  Roll Eyes

I don't think they would do this unless they became more stable. Keep in mind that FB has to cater to investors, and investors don't want unknowns.

knowhow

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 06:16:19 PM

In the past arcades games were a dream to any child,today ask them if they wanna a ps3 or wii or to go shopping play at arcades machines once a month?When they can play all days with others consoles,the connection here should be the videogames companys accept bitcoin,reducing the price since bitcoin as almost cost 0 of fees soo they can keep their profit.Facebook could be the first one to take the step to accept bitcoin to get the bonus they always offer at their games.

If a kid sees the machine while their parents are shopping the mall he will want to play for sure, I did this when I was a kid and we already had consoles back then like the SNES.

If the Bitcoin machines are cheaper, then parents will be more prone to let kid play a game, of course if they are as expensive as usual no one will bother except hardcore fans.

I went shoping with my family and my childs had played the arcades games after had eaten ,sure childs love play being at console or arcade,but that is something that parents wont do all days take childs into shopping to them play instead have a nice trip..
helloeverybody
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2015, 06:21:24 PM

I think the main problem is that atm we would be targeting a niche group for these machines. Just think how many kids are going to walk past it and not be able to play it, im just not sure parents would go to the hassle of learning about btc just to let their kid play a game next time they are at the mall.

thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 06:23:01 PM

I think the main problem is that atm we would be targeting a niche group for these machines. Just think how many kids are going to walk past it and not be able to play it, im just not sure parents would go to the hassle of learning about btc just to let their kid play a game next time they are at the mall.

I guess we are talking about a society that it's advanced enough that they deal with Bitcoin on a daily basis. Of course we are a couple of years away but it will eventually happen, and then those machines will get used.
helloeverybody
Legendary

Activity: 1008

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2015, 06:25:48 PM

I guess we are talking about a society that it's advanced enough that they deal with Bitcoin on a daily basis. Of course we are a couple of years away but it will eventually happen, and then those machines will get used.

Yeah i mean if bitcoin goes mainstream then i would expect to see these things everywhere. but untill then i think you would find there wouldnt be very much btc in one at the end of each day, if any at all.

Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1362

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 08:13:08 PM

Yeah i mean if bitcoin goes mainstream then i would expect to see these things everywhere.

This could really happen if more people could adopt Bitcoin as a mainstream currency. Then you would see BTC ATMs and arcade machines (or consoles like PS4) that would accept Bitcoins as payment or even earn them as well. Kids would love to play and earn some pocket money while playing them. But if it cannot be achieved with Bitcoin, then maybe Ethereum would be a good shot at this.  Smiley

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 2969

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2015, 08:53:21 PM

Very nice idea and also is good if there is a bitcoin token like this

If ever there's an arcade that accept bitcoin i think this one good business...

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 09:24:50 PM

These tokens look really great. I wonder how it would be when using them with an arcade machine? Instead of giving the public and private keypair to the machine to pay with, it would be cool if you could just insert the Bitcoin token into the coin slot and play the game. After done playing, the machine would eject the token from the coin slot for you to reuse again (if its a paper wallet).  Smiley

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
larem

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 06:47:51 AM

These tokens look really great. I wonder how it would be when using them with an arcade machine? Instead of giving the public and private keypair to the machine to pay with, it would be cool if you could just insert the Bitcoin token into the coin slot and play the game. After done playing, the machine would eject the token from the coin slot for you to reuse again (if its a paper wallet).  Smiley

I don't think this would be viable... they'd have to store information somehow for the machine to read. And if the machine can read it, others can read it as well (through portable machines).

knowhow

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 01:27:56 PM

These project is far away to become real one day,bitcoin has a long journey till be mass adopted,and even then it would be hard to play with physical coins as bitcoin is an currency and a way to pay online not material.
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 02:46:52 PM

I think that at some point Bitcoin arcade machines will be a massive niche, because kids of today will eventually get tired of playing alone on the computer.
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 07:12:40 PM

I think that at some point Bitcoin arcade machines will be a massive niche, because kids of today will eventually get tired of playing alone on the computer.

And Bitcoin would be a main attraction for Kids (I think) now that is it a digital currency which can be earned by playing games and at the same time they won't need ID, or the required age to spend BTC, whereas banks is all the contrary. Could you imagine Bitcoin would get that far and be able to use and earn them on handheld consoles as well?

What if Nintendo adopts Bitcoin and makes a new kind of consoles with the ability to earn BTC playing Mario? Wouldn't it be cool?  Roll Eyes

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2015, 05:16:29 AM

I don't think confirmation time would be a problem, I've been directed to Bitpay plenty of times when making online purchases and I've never had to wait for more than a few seconds for my funds to clear. I always send from my Coinbase account though, I don't know if the two have a special arrangement.
If not, the arcade guys can always offer you a free coffee while they wait for the confirmations  Smiley
larem

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 10:02:49 PM

I don't think confirmation time would be a problem, I've been directed to Bitpay plenty of times when making online purchases and I've never had to wait for more than a few seconds for my funds to clear. I always send from my Coinbase account though, I don't know if the two have a special arrangement.
If not, the arcade guys can always offer you a free coffee while they wait for the confirmations  Smiley

Coinbase is a bit different since there are a lot of ways to integrate with them for instant payments (since Coinbase knows for a fact if you have funds available).

knowhow

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 07:49:22 PM

I dont understand why to reborn something that is almost dead,arcade machines are a dead market some shops have it for childs but thats all,before around 15 years we all play at arcades machines nowadays still has an pleasure,playing but makes no sense.
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 09:36:37 PM

I dont understand why to reborn something that is almost dead,arcade machines are a dead market some shops have it for childs but thats all,before around 15 years we all play at arcades machines nowadays still has an pleasure,playing but makes no sense.

I know but perhaps it could be improved and thus an arcade machine with superior graphics and gameplay would be totally awesome. Just a new arcade machine adapted to today's game style. For example, you could play Call of Duty or Titanfall right into it (like you would do with a video game console such as the Xbox or Playstation) The only difference would be that you could play it with your Bitcoins or you could just earn free bits while playing.  Cheesy

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
knowhow

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 12:48:38 AM

But do we need really arcade machine?I believe that can be possible to add the game what we play,travian,ogame and others that we can buy bonus ,to take advantages,they can accept bitcoin .
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 02:30:50 PM

This might sound crazy but do you ever imagined yourself playing with an arcade cabinet, with the ability to pay with Bitcoins instead of a quarter? (0.25 usd)

I have been looking for such machine that would serve that purpose, but I can't seem to find it. It will be real fun to play some of the arcade classics with your BTC. Don't you think?  Cheesy

Bitcoin isn't the most suited for this use case because of the long confirmation times. Can you imagine adding a credit and waiting minutes just to start your game.

The confirmation time is not a problem, you can just buy more than a quarter. Let say $5, then you have 20 times to play the game. In that way, you don't need to wait such a long time if you buy more credit at once.

Lightning network will fix all those problems and allow super cheap transactions and instant trnsactions in situations like this, all the transactions done in the machine will get stored and then once the size is long enough sending to the blockchain, it gets sent in a packet, so no need to have every single play recorded in the blockchain individually. Literally everything is possible once we have Lightning network working sometime next year.
maku
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 02:36:53 PM

Technical issued of creating arcade cabinet powered by bitcoin are not the greatest obstacle here. The bigger problem is popularity of such project.
Do you think how many people who usually play at arcade has bitcoin? It is usually kids and young adults who play there. TBH I don't know any kid who own even 0.1 BTC.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: