Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 09:16:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: F2Pool is directly threatening Bitcoin's future  (Read 8119 times)
marvykkio

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 10:47:50 AM

with everything I'm reading I'm confused even more, I wonder if I was wrong to buy 3 x S7 batch8, at least to retract my expenses.

pool only = I will never see a block.
other pools pps, you earn a pittance,
f2poll, and antpol I see that are in bad shape for too many empty blocks.

I will have to choose which pool? Cry Cry Cry Cry

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
firetreeactual
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 12:14:33 PM

with everything I'm reading I'm confused even more, I wonder if I was wrong to buy 3 x S7 batch8, at least to retract my expenses.

pool only = I will never see a block.
other pools pps, you earn a pittance,
f2poll, and antpol I see that are in bad shape for too many empty blocks.

I will have to choose which pool? Cry Cry Cry Cry

I'd take 3 S7s any day...I'm stuck for the moment with 4 S3s and a dino S2...but it's still fun (I don't have to pay for electricity  Cool )  Given my past results on slush, they'd generate over 1BTC/month.

After absorbing all the data that's out there for the last several months, and running Slush pool for a while (which was productive and no complaints), I'm sticking for the time being with ck's solo pools with Slush for my failover.

Macbook's comments leave me somewhat in a Homer Simpson "Doh?" state of mind, and they tend, in my view, to only support what's been said.

To infinity and beyond...on two 741s and one of only 3...nope, make that 4...full nodes in Hawaii...on <30A. (I have other gear on the Hoth ice planet)
baazju

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 04:52:42 PM

I just picked up an S7, and have about another 1TH is random miners (I know, small fish) and I am definitely going to be sticking with smaller pools. Maybe not as consistent for hitting that magical ROI.

Why try and make a quick buck and threaten bitcoin's future when you could foster it and let it grow, much greater profit long term than short term.

Beware of scammers.
Prelude
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 05:52:25 PM

I just picked up an S7, and have about another 1TH is random miners (I know, small fish) and I am definitely going to be sticking with smaller pools. Maybe not as consistent for hitting that magical ROI.

Why try and make a quick buck and threaten bitcoin's future when you could foster it and let it grow, much greater profit long term than short term.

You'll make more by mining on Kano than you will here, which makes ROI quicker and overall BTC earned higher on Kano across the miner's lifespan. I think you mean daily payouts are less consistent, but that doesn't matter to the overall picture.
baazju

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 08:30:46 PM

You'll make more by mining on Kano than you will here, which makes ROI quicker and overall BTC earned higher on Kano across the miner's lifespan. I think you mean daily payouts are less consistent, but that doesn't matter to the overall picture.

Yes, the payout is less consistent, makes it tougher for planning. But yes I will probably make more with Kano which is why I plan to mine there. I'm not sure where the "here" is you mention (F2Pool maybe?) but yes you are probably right.

Beware of scammers.
ingiltere
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1479

Rollbit.com Crypto Futures

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 06:13:40 PM

This problem is going on, they don't accept any Tx for their blocks. Can't we do anything about this situation? How can we stop these Chinese monopolists? I think they have government support, otherwise these people can't organize that type of thing. We have to find a useful way to boycott them.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
bctmke

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 08:31:57 PM

This problem is going on, they don't accept any Tx for their blocks. Can't we do anything about this situation? How can we stop these Chinese monopolists? I think they have government support, otherwise these people can't organize that type of thing. We have to find a useful way to boycott them.

There's no stopping.

You can only mitigate by getting network hash to move off of those pools and onto other pools (decentralizing).

The problem is - any smaller pool is going to find it VERY hard to attract users due to the small quantity of blocks they find (and the irregular payouts that would happen).

NXS is on the move!   Come subscribe to our subreddit  https://www.reddit.com/r/nexusearth/
Come mine NXS at http://nxsminingpool.com
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: