Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 05:38:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Most used online wallet is blockchain.info?  (Read 884 times)
accnand (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 12:58:44 AM

hi,

Please lets me know what are the most used ONLINE bitcoin wallets.

Thank you.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 01:01:42 AM

It's likely to be blockchain.info but that doesn't mean you should use it. With anything that's accessible online, you yourself will always be the weak point when it comes to security. Can you completely guarantee that you will never expose your system to anything malign? Are you willing to bet money on it? Because that's what you're doing if you use an online wallet.
accnand (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 01:20:52 AM

Thank you, But im asking what are the most used ONLINE Wallet  Smiley
BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 01:45:49 AM

Last time I used such a thing was still MyBitcoin... needless to say it turn to a loss of 15 BTC  Roll Eyes

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
siameze
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 01:51:48 AM

It's likely to be blockchain.info but that doesn't mean you should use it. With anything that's accessible online, you yourself will always be the weak point when it comes to security. Can you completely guarantee that you will never expose your system to anything malign? Are you willing to bet money on it? Because that's what you're doing if you use an online wallet.

That, and blockchain.info will forever be remembered as the company that built a RNG that produced the same number over and over  Cheesy

See https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=40264.msg2970691#msg2970691 for more info.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
bitbaby

Activity: 812

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2015, 03:09:19 AM

I think it would be blockchain.info wallet. The reason for is its the most easy wallet to get and when people are just getting into bitcoin and don't understand a lot about bitcoin and wallets in general, they choose it because it's almost like making an email account, you enter your username, password, click on the verification email and voila! you're ready to receive bitcoins. But once they understand the security concepts of Bitcoin, they either stop using it or keep a small of coins there.

Apart from that people mostly use online wallet services like Coinbase and Xapo.

MTBTT

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 03:15:49 AM

I think instead of blockchain.info perhaps Coinbase is the most used online wallet. At least in my opinion as coinbase pays the transaction fees for you as opposed to blockchain.info which you have to pay the fees yourself. Also coinbase provides you with an option to exchange between BTC and other currencies which is a real advantage compared to Blockchain.info. That's why I use it and so many others use it too.
adicted

Activity: 546

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 03:45:28 AM

Online? You mean the web based ones? I think the most used web based were either xapo, coinbase, blockchain. I do agree with your title though as blockchain.info wallets were the most used one. Locally, the most used online wallet was coins.ph. Its pretty popular here on country to bitcoiners here.
Arcteryx

Activity: 728

EtherSphere - Social Games

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 07:00:35 AM

I would say the most used web based bitcoin wallet would have to be Xapo then coinbase.
Xapo has giveaways all the time and are really fast. They have teamed up with Cevo an online gaming network to make it more fun when dealing with them as opposed to coinbase where they just keep your coins. You can also buy and sell from there as well.
Those are the two most popular.
I have also heard of hive and rushwallet but they aren't used as much as the above ones mentioned.

........EtherSphere........
.....ICO Starts on 5th August, 4:00 PM UTC.....
.......High ROI Social Ethereum Games
........BENEFITS WHITEPAPER ANN THREAD GITHUB REDDIT TWITTER........

░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████████▀░░░░░
░░░░░░░░▄█████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░▄██████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░██████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░██████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░▀███████████████████▄░░░░
░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████████████████▄░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▀░░░
░░░░░░░▄█████████████████▀▀░░░░░
░░░░░▄████████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░......................
target
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1041

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 07:05:31 AM

Yes. I think more are from the blockchain.info. Users who have no idea how to install a wallet on a hard drive will likely resort to an online wallet which could be considered reliable. I've been using them since the start becuase I've never heard anyone complaining about Blockchain to which their btc were hold nor scammed by blockchain so i guess they are the most reliable so far.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
sbtctalk

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 02:19:51 PM

And most blockchain.info users are not aware they can have more than 1 receiving address om their account. I dislike their email authentication. Why is there a need to authenticate via email when 2FA is enabled?

13Sk3gsQ1ogrzmyt3xMVvByxcUvZr98kKN
bitcoin revo
Legendary

Activity: 1168
Merit: 1049

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 02:33:22 PM

Yes. I think more are from the blockchain.info. Users who have no idea how to install a wallet on a hard drive will likely resort to an online wallet which could be considered reliable.

Maybe, but in my experience, it's more of people who want a convenient wallet without the hassle of downloading the blockchain/getting a bitcoin client.

I've been using them since the start becuase I've never heard anyone complaining about Blockchain to which their btc were hold nor scammed by blockchain so i guess they are the most reliable so far.

If you do your research, Blockchain.info has had plenty of problems in the past and some of them have related to security. I can't link to one at the moment, but IIRC, there have been multiple cases where Blockchain.info lost users' bitcoins and were unable to retrieve them, or even refund them.
sbtctalk

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 03:56:11 PM

So far the easiest desktop client i have used is electrum. But there is much talk about cold wallets and potential hacks which makes new users move to online wallets such as blockchain?

a7mos

Activity: 574

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 04:07:53 PM

Blockchain.info is the most famous web wallet for bitcoin. Some people who do not know a lot about bitcoin think that it is the bitcoin site as they compare blockchain with Nettler and skirl
amacar2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1007

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 04:55:26 PM

Yes blockchain is and i think will remain the most secure, famous and large bitcoin online wallet. I have been with blockchain.info from start and never tried any other service, there is no need for me to find alternative.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
coinzat

Activity: 434

Young but I'm not that bold

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 05:00:16 PM

If you tried to search for a bitcoin online wallet on Google, the first result will be blockchain.info.
So I think it is the most used online wallet specially for newbies
OROBTC
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 05:18:47 PM

I would agree that blockchain.info's online wallet is No. 1 in use.

I have two of them, but keep only small amounts there, or use them as "transit points" for sending my funds to my hardware wallets (Trezor and Ledger Nano).  I have had and issue or two along the way with blockchain.info, but I did get my BTC back when there problems.

I also use blockchain.info's SharedCoin mixing service, but I actually DO prefer bitmixer.io.  bitmixer just seems to work better for me.
sbtctalk

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 05:26:02 PM

Quote from: OROBTC
link=topic=1284970.msg13236825#msg13236825 date=1450027127

I have two of them, but keep only small amounts there, or use them as "transit points" for sending my funds to my hardware wallets (Trezor and Ledger Nano).  I have had and issue or two along the way with blockchain.info, but I did get my BTC back when there problems.

I also use blockchain.info's SharedCoin mixing service, but I actually DO prefer bitmixer.io.  bitmixer just seems to work better for me.

Hi. What is shared coin mixing?

OROBTC
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 05:35:03 PM

Without taking some care here, I will be wandering into the high weeds here, perhaps beyond my real knowledge...  Smiley

"SharedCoin" is a mixing service (owned by blockchain.info, see link at bottom of my comment) that uses "CoinJoin" technology to put your BTC in with other participants, and thereby making it harder for anyone else to track how you spend or send your BTC.  In other words, more privacy.

bitmixer.io uses an apparently completely different process to mix their coins.  bitmixer.io just seems to work better for me.  I use the service, I like it, so I asked to join their Signature Campaign.

To answer your question in detail is beyond my capabilities, but you can find answers at this link:

http://sharedcoin.com/
sbtctalk

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 09:20:48 PM

I have two of them, but keep only small amounts there, or use them as "transit points" for sending my funds to my hardware wallets (Trezor and Ledger Nano).  I have had and issue or two along the way with blockchain.info, but I did get my BTC back when there problems.

I also use blockchain.info's SharedCoin mixing service, but I actually DO prefer bitmixer.io.  bitmixer just seems to work better for me.

Without taking some care here, I will be wandering into the high weeds here, perhaps beyond my real knowledge...  Smiley

"SharedCoin" is a mixing service (owned by blockchain.info, see link at bottom of my comment) that uses "CoinJoin" technology to put your BTC in with other participants, and thereby making it harder for anyone else to track how you spend or send your BTC.  In other words, more privacy.

bitmixer.io uses an apparently completely different process to mix their coins.  bitmixer.io just seems to work better for me.  I use the service, I like it, so I asked to join their Signature Campaign.

To answer your question in detail is beyond my capabilities, but you can find answers at this link:

http://sharedcoin.com/

Thank you for the explaination. I just tried bitmixer, easy to understand interface and ease of use although at this point i only see one plus point of such service --- that is to hide the amount of coins you own from public view.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: