Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 12:35:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: $470 -> $420 Starting to crash? Or short term adjustment?  (Read 2896 times)
MTBTT (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 04:30:53 AM
Last edit: December 12, 2015, 05:54:56 AM by MTBTT

Starting to crash? Or just a short term price adjustment?

Large amounts of coins dumped.
cryptasm
Legendary

Activity: 997
Merit: 1002

Gamdom.com

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2015, 04:31:47 AM

Could be anything right now, I would keep my fingers from trading when btc goes so crazy
MTBTT (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 04:33:26 AM

Could be anything right now, I would keep my fingers from trading when btc goes so crazy

$50 gone within an hour. Thoughts?
oblomov

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 04:53:10 AM

I think the top is in for a few days at least, if not a few weeks.

Some moves by central banks and policy makers underway this weekend to rescue the stock market and high yield debt.

BTC is the new gold... major dislocations in the commodities & equities markets and gold barely moves 1%
TERA

Activity: 728

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 04:58:48 AM

It's probably the start of a long sideways period.
MTBTT (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 05:00:48 AM

Hmm what do you mean by sideways? Tongue
suda123

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 05:05:32 AM

Starting to crash? Or just a short term price adjustment?

Large amounts of coins dumped.
fake volume pump to short profit, or something big is going on
hunnaryb

Activity: 506

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 05:08:46 AM

Everyone is too bullish, more down to come.

▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 05:22:20 AM

To the right.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
MTBTT (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 05:23:27 AM

To the right.

Um, Ok?

Back up to $435+ then down to $430 again.
TERA

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 05:24:51 AM

Anything can happen in Bitcoin. It might go to the left.
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 05:28:04 AM

Anything can happen in Bitcoin. It might go to the left.

Back in time? I thought only Adam's magical fireworks chart could do that?  Cheesy

Was

Activity: 75
Merit: 12

We are Satoshi.

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 05:30:39 AM

Can't go down to much past 400. Have you seen the difficulty? Its going crazy and miners cant fine for free. They add hash power with the intention of selling for the price at the time that they added the GH/s. I think what we're seeing is organic upward pressure, increased positive news coverage, and amongst the financial community at that; those guys have money, right?.

Coupled with the fact that its's becoming more and more expensive to mine for a profit, especially since the halving is coming up.

Brace for launch long term (and great volatility 2016).

We Are Satoshi.
TERA

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 05:34:06 AM

Can't go down to much past 400. Have you seen the difficulty? Its going crazy and miners cant fine for free. They add hash power with the intention of selling for the price at the time that they added the GH/s. I think what we're seeing is organic upward pressure, increased positive news coverage, and amongst the financial community at that; those guys have money, right?.

Coupled with the fact that its's becoming more and more expensive to mine for a profit, especially since the halving is coming up.

This is exactly what was said at $800 in 2014.
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 05:35:48 AM

Difficulty does not drive price. This has been hashed  (Grin ) out at great length. It simply is not the way it works.

notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 05:36:24 AM

+1

If you try to justify prices based on some sort of mining cost floor, you're gonna have a bad time.

Commodities markets have shown many periods in history where the price of a good falls below the production cost.  When supply exceeds demand, selling at a loss is better than not selling at all when you have bills to pay.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
MTBTT (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 05:38:16 AM

Down from $430 to $425.

GG.
MTBTT (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 05:55:35 AM

Will go down to $400-$415.  We'll see if that holds.  If so, then it's a short term adjustment, otherwise, the lower major bid support is at $350.  I got out too late.  Got out at $440, going to try and play the bounce from $416 back up to $430, and then will try get back in lower at $400ish.

It's a good day for trading!

Looks like my prediction was perfect.  Easy ~ $200 profit just in the last 10min.  Looks like we're going to test $400 again very soon.  Looking at Bitfinex / Bitstamp.  FYI, to predict the price, just look at the current market leader, and you'll be able to essentially predict the future a few minutes ahead.  Market leaders being the Chinese exchanges of course.  It's like the exchanges follow each other:

Huobi follows BTC38.  Then Bitfinex follows BTC38.  Bitstamp follows Bitfinex.  Just watch BTC38 and trade on Bitstamp, and you'll be 4 steps ahead of the game.

I would rather the price be low than the price be volatile.

This is ridiculous.
MTBTT (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 05:59:14 AM

I love volatility. 

You shouldn't. Embrace stability instead. Wink
Was

Activity: 75
Merit: 12

We are Satoshi.

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 06:36:57 AM

Well, this isn't exactly 2014. But, It was my understanding at the time that Gox took the price down with it. In the week before Gox went down it had the lowest price out of all the exchanges and that caused fud because it was normally the leading exchange in both price and volume. Feb 8th is when news of bankruptcy was official and the price was downwards decent from there until now

We Are Satoshi.
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: