Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:05:46 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Inside kills, outside heals  (Read 3334 times)
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2012, 08:39:17 PM

Actually I support Dank opinion that current financial system is going to collapse anytime soon if people change their way of thinking and understanding "money and debt".

It obviously does not take a genius to realize the US financial system cannot sustain itself without change.
No change can sustain it for any significant amount of time.  Let's try again, this time, without money.
Better idea: Let's try again, this time with sound money.

Barter sucks.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 04, 2012, 08:45:29 PM

I suppose I do not really see a way to live joblessly right now even if I wanted to, unless I wanted my family to be homeless.  So it's not really an option.

Regardless, I know that I live much happier when I am not financially stressed.  I also know that if I lived for today instead of tomorrow, I might enjoy it for a little bit, but then have to pay for it tenfold down the road.  Been there, done that already.  Now, I am focused on financial freedom.  Paying off my remaining debts as quickly as possible, saving money into investments, etc.  If I decided to enjoy myself "in my prime", I would very quickly imprison myself to working until whatever age at which social security would kick in.  Instead, I am using my prime to provide for my family and better myself in terms of employability by gaining experience, as well as continuing to set myself up for an early retirement and living stress-free with regards to my finances.

I am very happy with this choice.  I can see that you do not share the same sentiment, which is fine.  Some people like to live for today without regards for tomorrow, and I suppose they will be the ones still working a minimum wage job when they are 70 years old, waiting for the social security to finally kick in.  Wink

I see your point. But I also see how huge is money impact for you. You seem to be in a financial distress very deeply like most of the "normal" people. It also looks like you are not planning to change your values in a near future (money). It was your choice to take a mortgage, to have things, that you cannot afford now. Instead building it step by step, you have chosen to have it now, but pay higher price and have greater financial distress and liabilities.

Of course no one can blame people who have to obey the law and current financial system. You can't buy a house for your family by saving money in a pocket. But it is wrong system, that you have to take loan and then be full time slave for decades until you pay off and get a retirement.

I thought the main idea of Bitcoin, was at least partially to escape current monetary system based on DEBT. But it is also important to notice that only people can change this. Bitcoin itself won't bring any fair system, if majority of users base their values on current "wrong" financial system.

Actually I support Dank opinion that current financial system is going to collapse anytime soon if people change their way of thinking and understanding "money and debt".
I'm not in financial distress any more, but I certainly have been in the past.  When my wife and I were newly married and both working, we had plenty of money, and we got into debt because of it (it's easy to tell yourself you'll pay it off when you clearly have the means to do so).  Then, we bought a house (still within our realm of financial ability), and she switched jobs to something much lower paying (uh oh, trouble).  Then we had a daughter, and she had to work fewer hours at this job (we're not believers in letting daycare raise your child).  So, we had a lot of smaller debts that added up to a lot of payments we had to make every month, and not enough money to make those payments for a few months.  I think we had 6 credit cards with balances on them, a car loan, a line of credit, etc.  We've paid off all but one at this point, in about 1.5 years.  And in that time, I switched jobs and am now paid several hundred a month more.  So we're comfortable, for now.  But I never want to take on more debt at any time in the future because of that experience.  Housing and investments may be the only exception.

Yes, back then, I absolutely chose to have things now instead of planning for the future.  I've been there, done that, and hated it.  Which is exactly why I refuse to live that way any longer.  Sure, I could live life "in my prime", not working and just doing whatever I feel like, but that doesn't properly support a family, it doesn't leave anything for my children, and it doesn't leave me feeling good about myself or my life.  I cannot think of a more selfish ambition than living for oneself and only today, and I try to not be a selfish person.

I don't think the system is wrong.  For one, people taking 30-year loans on houses are idiots (myself included).  A 15 year loan ensures that a person buys only as much house as they can afford and pays it off quickly.  Also, FHA is a scam (another mistake), as the required mortgage insurance eats away at money that could be paid towards principle.  Finally, housing is a supply-demand marketplace.  Of course everyone would love to own their own home, but homes are not free to build, and land is not limitless.  Those resources and services must be paid for.  Unfortunately, with expanding populations and needing to keep the planet sustainable, consumption of resources used for housing must be limited, which is done, in part, through regulating the logging industries.  I suppose the only part of the housing "system" that I don't believe in is zoning rules and urban growth boundaries.  People should be free to build what they want where they want, and the restrictions on those requirements do inflate housing prices.

Anyway, I suppose that your comment that the system has to change because it is unreasonable to expect people to slave away at loans for decades just reminds me of utopian dreamers who love to spout off ideals without any reasonable way of accomplishing them.  Please correct me if I am wrong, and if you do have a way to magically reduce housing prices.  Wink
dank (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
December 04, 2012, 08:47:29 PM

It obviously does not take a genius to realize the US financial system cannot sustain itself without change.
No change can sustain it for any significant amount of time.  Let's try again, this time, without money.

Barter sucks.
Money is still greed.  We shouldn't have to trade things, we should be able to share our resources as a family.  Even then, why do you need anything?  All you need is in your soul.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
fgervais

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2012, 08:59:37 PM

FOOD STAMPS FOR EACH AND ALL!
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 04, 2012, 09:01:16 PM

Even then, why do you need anything?  All you need is in your soul.

Then your soul should be able to get you to the West Coast.  Why are you such a special snowflake that you can't get yourself from one side of the country to the other without money when young people have been getting themselves around the US, Europe, Asia and Australia without money for decades?  You could have already been to the West Coast and back by now if you actually got off your ass occasionally.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
fgervais

View Profile
December 04, 2012, 09:09:44 PM

Then your soul should be able to get you to the West Coast.  Why are you such a special snowflake that you can't get yourself from one side of the country to the other without money when young people have been getting themselves around the US, Europe, Asia and Australia without money for decades?  You could have already been to the West Coast and back by now if you actually got off your ass occasionally.

Bad idea, dank going solo to Europe is like the beginning of all the Hostel movies.
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
December 04, 2012, 09:13:51 PM

We shouldn't have to trade things, we should be able to share our resources as a family.

Translation: "I wish I could sit around all day scratching my arse, and everybody else provides for me so I don't have to lift a finger."

dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
December 04, 2012, 09:20:30 PM

It will, perhaps it isn't time yet.

Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2012, 09:37:41 PM

Barter sucks.
Money is still greed.  We shouldn't have to trade things, we should be able to share our resources as a family.  Even then, why do you need anything?  All you need is in your soul.
So, when exactly did you stop eating and drinking? I assume you also live in a cave high in the Himalayas, and are posting on the forum using the power of your mind.

You, sir, are my hero. I would climb the peaks to learn these abilities at your knee. Please leave your location in the Akashic Record so that I may receive it through my crown chakra and come to study with you.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
fgervais

View Profile
December 04, 2012, 09:48:09 PM

It will, perhaps it isn't time yet.

Princess, you got a million people to entice to come to your event, never mind the fact that you need to actually plan it a little. 17 days left. Get moving.

Do you at least have something like a facebook event up yet?
btcANGEL

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2012, 11:30:03 PM

Dank, have you considered using your soul as collateral to obtain a secured loan?

Soon you will be dancing face-to-face / With the limits of ambition and the scars of the marketplace / Welcome to the land of flame and fizz / Where you will learn that packaging is all that heaven is
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
December 04, 2012, 11:41:13 PM

Dank, have you considered using your soul as collateral to obtain a secured loan?
That's what I've been doing with Dank Bank.  Looking for investors.

fgervais

View Profile
December 04, 2012, 11:58:07 PM

Is it interest free or not? You changed the title, but not the OP.
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 12:05:24 AM

Yes.

Buffer Overflow
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 07:52:05 AM
Last edit: December 05, 2012, 10:13:06 AM by Buffer Overflow

Even then, why do you need anything?  All you need is in your soul.

That's what I've been doing with Dank Bank.  Looking for investors.

Yes

So what would be the incentive to loan you money? The lender takes all the risk, but gets nothing back. And don't reply with something dumb like 'lend for love'.

Basically your asking (begging) for donations, yet you refuse to get a job because your bone idle.

I think I'm going to vomit.

dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
December 08, 2012, 01:15:44 AM
Last edit: December 08, 2012, 08:25:01 AM by dank

Even then, why do you need anything?  All you need is in your soul.

That's what I've been doing with Dank Bank.  Looking for investors.

Yes

So what would be the incentive to loan you money? The lender takes all the risk, but gets nothing back. And don't reply with something dumb like 'lend for love'.

Basically your asking (begging) for donations, yet you refuse to get a job because your bone idle.

I think I'm going to vomit.
A million person concert isn't anything?  I'll give you the world, you have to believe it's yours though.

Nearly all jobs profit off the destruction of earth and humans.  I choose to play guitar and organize a music festival instead.  I'm giving you the chance to help usher in a new era of peace, love and freedom.  By helping me, you're helping yourself.

Buffer Overflow
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2012, 04:13:45 AM

As we've discovered, an illegally run concert.

It may be interest free, but how do you intend to pay back the principal? This imaginary concert is free to attend.

I got a strong suspicion your just going to blow the money on drugs, to feed your own addiction. What a scam. And a poor one at that.  Sad

dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
December 08, 2012, 08:33:08 AM

As we've discovered, an illegally run concert.

It may be interest free, but how do you intend to pay back the principal? This imaginary concert is free to attend.

I got a strong suspicion your just going to blow the money on drugs, to feed your own addiction. What a scam. And a poor one at that.  Sad
As I've already explained, the concert is driven by donations. Just like anything in life, I can't make you contribute, I can only explain how it's in your best interest to do so.

I will pick a location within the next 7-10 days, hopefully. Just need a bike and it's off.

I've gathered a few additional contacts for DJs, producers and someone to get in touch with a couple of artist's managers.

Buffer Overflow
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2012, 09:14:18 AM

I can't make you contribute, I can only explain how it's in your best interest to do so.

Got to hear this. Please continue.

fgervais

View Profile
December 08, 2012, 03:35:25 PM

So the plan is to wait until December 18th to select a location, then blitz advertising in 3 days to get a million people to attend.

Genius.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: