Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:17:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is mining still viable? Help me get started  (Read 847 times)
Nemesis205bw (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 11:47:28 AM

I have 200$ to invest, how much would I earn from it?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2015, 02:22:15 PM

Some number between negative infinity and positive infinity Tongue.

In all seriousness, you need to provide a whole lot more information than you did for anybody to be able to provide you with some semblance of a reasonable guess.  However, at the end of the day, even if you provided us with every minute detail, that's all the answer would ever be: a guess.  Nobody can predict the future.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 04:18:52 PM

What is your electricity price?  This will be a big factor.  You need "free" or cheap to make 200 dollar area work.

200 is not very big for new gear, so used is only choice.  So you need electricity price where used gear can be used.
MRKLYE
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003

Designer - Developer

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2015, 04:22:21 PM

Honestly man I'd just avoid the mining game altogether. Even with free electricity it's noisey, hot , loud and generally shit.
You also have to take bandwidth into consideration and $200 worth of mining gear isn't going to get you very far.
However.. If you are hell bent on mining I would suggest maybe cloudmining on eobot.
Its a cloud mining website that allows you to mine any listed crypto with your GH/s

You can see my profile here: https://www.eobot.com/user/300972

It makes Free doges for me every day which I use to buy more GH/S Increasing profits!

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄████▀▀`````````▀▀████▄
███▀```````````````````▀███
███`````````````````````````███
██```````````██``██````````````██
██````````▄▄▄▄██▄▄██▄▄▄▄`````````██
██`````````▀██████████████▄````````██
██`````````````███`````▀████`````````██
▐█▌`````````````███`````▄███▀`````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███████████▄``````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███```````████````````▐█▌
██`````````````███`````▄▄████````````██
██`````````▄██████████████▀````````██
██````````▀▀▀▀██▀▀██▀▀▀▀`````````██
██```````````██``██````````````██
███`````````````````````````███
███▄```````````````````▄███
▀████▄▄`````````▄▄████▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
FREE
BITCOINS.com

`````````▄
````````▄█▄
``````▄█████▄
`````█████████
```▄███████████▄
``███████████████
`█████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
██▌▀███████████████
`██``▀████████████
``██▄```▀████████
```▀███▄▄`█████▀
``````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

FAUCET
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

``````````````````▄▄▄▄▄▄
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````██████``██████
``````````██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████

██████████████████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

XCHANGE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````````▄
`````````▄██
```````▄████
`````▄██████████▄
`````▀███████████▄
```````▀████``▀████
█``````▄`▀██````▀██
██▄````██▄`▀``````█
████▄``████▄
`▀███████████▄
``▀██████████▀
```````████▀
```````██▀
```````▀

SWAP
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Atomicat
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 06:56:06 PM

Honestly man I'd just avoid the mining game altogether. Even with free electricity it's noisey, hot , loud and generally shit.
You also have to take bandwidth into consideration and $200 worth of mining gear isn't going to get you very far.
However.. If you are hell bent on mining I would suggest maybe cloudmining on eobot.
Its a cloud mining website that allows you to mine any listed crypto with your GH/s

It makes Free doges for me every day which I use to buy more GH/S Increasing profits!
I would suggest to stay away from cloud mining providers. Most of them have proven to be ponzi schemes.

Currently buying bitcoins and holding onto it is more profitable than mining.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 07:11:06 PM

I would suggest to stay away from cloud mining providers. Most of them have proven to be ponzi schemes.

Currently buying bitcoins and holding onto it is more profitable than mining.

eobot is not one I would invest with.  Look and see if companies have hardware.  If you cant find a vouch, or them being tied to a hardware maker something is off chances are.

Sadly a lot of cloud mining is scam.  So you must put in a good amount of research.
MaritiJames3

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 09:18:29 PM

Listen right now it would not be smart to buy some equipment. The difficulty is going insane. You should either buy some bitcons when they are back at 350 or wait and buy the next generation asics. This moment your can only profit for a few months, then your asics won't generate a lot, unless you've got free electricy offcourse.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 09:28:37 PM

Listen right now it would not be smart to buy some equipment. The difficulty is going insane. You should either buy some bitcons when they are back at 350 or wait and buy the next generation asics. This moment your can only profit for a few months, then your asics won't generate a lot, unless you've got free electricy offcourse.

Going back to 350  might not happen.  Difficulty has risen to a point where I don't think a drop like that is happening soon.

If anything I see it going up if it follows difficulty.  And difficulty is scary this period... so we will see what happens.
HarryKPeters

Activity: 896

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 11:01:04 PM

I think 350-380 is going to happen, within this year even.
The sudden rise to 420 makes, like most other rises, no sense. It's just manipulation happening and no I don't think it is permanent.

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 11:05:26 PM

I think 350-380 is going to happen, within this year even.
The sudden rise to 420 makes, like most other rises, no sense. It's just manipulation happening and no I don't think it is permanent.

We can speculate all day long and we can not be sure.  But even after a drop we stayed above 400.   Some think that some was removed for Christmas... which makes sense some needing extra cash for holidays.  But they should have already done it or soon most likely on that.

I think 400ish + is here to stay with difficulty changes we are getting.  But I could be wrong.
Hannu

Activity: 1061
Merit: 501

RIP: S5, A faithful device long time

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 11:40:29 PM

No its not...AntMiner is good opinion for mining...

I recommend to buy bitcoins and invest it somewhere?

https://bitmaintech.com/product.htm

BTC: 3Qnnx4cu45Gx4WcksNCnBPu3TaUZ5sKkLo
LTC: LYX1ZH7f4qcXq52AzA6grUYDfDngVz7BEi
XRP: rLrbZMJDdL8eQd7HsW314bCtvE16LTLYkM?dt=1113
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 04:45:10 AM

He mentioned 200 dollars so nothing new on miners link there wont do him much good.  He needs to do ROI before jumping into mining.

But 200 is in the used area he could still get a antminer S3 or something.  But not a S7 for that price.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 08:44:43 AM

every investment you can do now, it's a scam practically, i can't find anything sustainable to put my btc there

the only thing would be lending bitcoin, or trading, the first seems that there is not enough demand here, for higher account, and trading you know it's risky
asidamani

Activity: 63
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 11:43:02 AM

If your electricity is higher than $0.2/kWh, do not mine. You will lose money soon as the difficulty rises quickly. It is better to buy bitcoin directly and hold for long term.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 07:33:46 AM

If your electricity is higher than $0.2/kWh, do not mine. You will lose money soon as the difficulty rises quickly. It is better to buy bitcoin directly and hold for long term.

a single s7 is doing $420 per month while consuming only $45 per month, with 0.05 in electricity, so even at 0.3(would be 6x45=$270 in consumption) you are still in, but the roi will take more time

this is thanks to the recent pump, so the diff does not really matter if you have a pump like this, that pump basically put us in a better position, than we were when the s7 was launched
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 08:06:37 AM

a single s7 is doing $420 per month while consuming only $45 per month, with 0.05 in electricity, so even at 0.3(would be 6x45=$270 in consumption) you are still in, but the roi will take more time

this is thanks to the recent pump, so the diff does not really matter if you have a pump like this, that pump basically put us in a better position, than we were when the s7 was launched

It kinda depends on if they paid in BTC us USD.  If they paid at BTC value 230 we had forever they chances are sick when looking at today's price and btc value.

If they paid in USD then they were not effected by that, and have had extra time mining at lower difficulties.  Few fall in this category I do agree most fall in one you mentioned.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: