Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:56:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptsy Scamming?  (Read 1824 times)
Punktonic (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 01:02:14 PM

I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem.  I have a cryptsy account, and didn't log in for a few months.  So they locked it, and now I have to exchange emails with admins to try unlocking the account.

I don't quite grasp why they would lock accounts except as a means of ripping off their customers, like that other exchange that ripped people off when they decided to stop carrying a coin and then didn't give anyone time to withdraw them.  And even if you did withdraw them in time, they never showed up.

I can't help but assume it's a scam.  Thankfully I've never put any significant amount on the site.

Suppose I'd bought 1 BTC worth of their mining contracts.  Then I decided to let those shares of the mining contracts earn for a few months.  Then when a few months goes by, I try to log into the site to find out they've locked my account because I didn't log in for a few months.

And even better, for some reason you can't provide your security answers on the website, you actually have to manually communicate with admins by email taking 24 hours or more for them to ask you one security question. 

So if you don't remember your answers to your security questions the first time that admin asks you, you're screwed because you don't get a second chance at remembering your security answer.

Anyone else feel like cryptsy scammed them in some way?
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 6165

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 01:07:07 PM

Yes they are more then likely a scam (not because of what you mentioned) and I guess the two trillion thread on both Scam accusation and Service Discussion sections already proofed that so it's clear now .
I hope people will learn now that they shouldn't store their coins in an online wallets for long term , and certainly not in  an exchange .

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4532

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 01:09:06 PM

so your real problem is
1. you forgot your security question
2. it takes 24 hours for a reply

im sorry but microsoft locked my email account and because my email is 15 years old i forgot the security question too..
it took microsoft 24 hours to reply and ask me what emails i sent (who to and what subject). which i had no clue as i mainly use it just to authenticate google/facebook. and so i never really sent emails.

this does not make microsoft a scam.. it just makes it very frustrating that their security relies on my memory.. much like cryptsy.

the real funny thing is.. if you think that cryptsy should reopen the account purely because you emailed them and they recognize the email without any further proof.
you would probably be more butt-hurt if you found ot a hacker spoofed your email 2 months ago got into your account raided it and they deactivated it.
you would suddenly cry and moan that cryptsy security was so relaxed.

though cryptsy has other problems, which could allude to them being shady.. your story is not one of shadiness, but of standard security experience even with the likes of microsoft

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 01:17:57 PM

Certianly they are scamming people by locking an account especially if this account has funds on it. I would somehow consider them not if they only lock those accounts with no funds and in active for more than 1 years. Cryptsy don't even exist that long. Must be inspired seeing that Gox got away with it. Smiley

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
nonbody

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

2local[IEO] - https://2local.io/

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 01:26:20 PM

Their customer service is very slow. They disabled the withdrawals of bitcoin. I don't know about altcoins. If it likes that, ppl will convert to altcoins and withdraw them. Altcoins withdrawal will soon be forbidded. It seems they face some big problems. They may not survive from it. We shouldn't keep any money there.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░████████
▐█████▄████████░░███████▌
████████▀▀██████░░████████
████████▄▄█████░░░████████
██████████████░░░█████████
▐███████▀░░░░░░▄█████████▌
██████▀▐███████████████
░░▀███░░░░░░░░░░░░░████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

2local
Sustainability and Prosperity.
Pre sale is going on
...J O I N...
...Whitepaper...
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░████████
▐█████▄████████░░███████▌
████████▀▀██████░░████████
████████▄▄█████░░░████████
██████████████░░░█████████
▐███████▀░░░░░░▄█████████▌

I   E   O IN Livecoin.net  Probit  P2pPb2b from 11/02/2020
2local Sale
Punktonic (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 01:41:48 PM

so your real problem is

im sorry but microsoft locked my email account and because my email is 15 years old i forgot the security question too..
it took microsoft 24 hours to reply and ask me what emails i sent (who to and what subject). which i had no clue as i mainly use it just to authenticate google/facebook. and so i never really sent emails.

this does not make microsoft a scam.. it just makes it very frustrating that their security relies on my memory.. much like cryptsy.

the real funny thing is.. if you think that cryptsy should reopen the account purely because you emailed them and they recognize the email without any further proof.
you would probably be more butt-hurt if you found ot a hacker spoofed your email 2 months ago got into your account raided it and they deactivated it.

though cryptsy has other problems, which could allude to them being shady.. your story is not one of shadiness, but of standard security experience even with the likes of microsoft

The plain and simple fact of the matter is that there's no reason to lock accounts like that.  Nobody buys shares in mining contracts and then logs in every day to see how much they made.  All I did was buy a few shares of those mining contracts, and then left them to earn.  And now what they earned is irrelevant because the site makes excuses to do that.

I guarantee you that after it's locked for awhile, they keep the coins on it.

n691309
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 01:49:44 PM

Try to contact their support but for a few months maybe they started locking the accounts and scamming their users.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 05:24:30 AM

so your real problem is

Fair i will give you that.. i don't want to, but i will Wink

FUD first & ask questions later™
thundertoe
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 05:23:20 PM

crapsy is a joke atm you will not get btc off this site.. if you complain you will get banned from chat.
thundertoe
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 05:29:50 PM

crapsy will not send out your btc, if you complain you will be banned from chat. i was just banned for a week by jshock for being upset about my kids xmas not being that great if i cant get my btc off of crapsy.
vancefox
Legendary

Activity: 1033
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 05:44:46 PM

They're only following their [supposed] internal policy of fuck everyone...

This space not for rent...
l8nit3
Legendary

Activity: 1007

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 05:49:49 PM

I've been waiting on a BTC withdrawl since 2015-12-11 11:15:21, and I know I'm no where near the longest wait time. Most have waited 5-10 days
vancefox
Legendary

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 05:54:16 PM

I've been waiting on a BTC withdrawl since 2015-12-11 11:15:21, and I know I'm no where near the longest wait time. Most have waited 5-10 days

My guess is you'll get your btc once there has been enough btc deposited into the hot wallet to cover your, and everyone above you who initiated before you, withdrawal.

Yes, I'm guessing that Craptsy is operating a ponzi right now.  Is it?  You decide...

l8nit3
Legendary

Activity: 1007

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 06:33:11 PM

My guess is you'll get your btc once there has been enough btc deposited into the hot wallet to cover your, and everyone above you who initiated before you, withdrawal.

Yes, I'm guessing that Craptsy is operating a ponzi right now.  Is it?  You decide...
lmao sadly I had gotten all my funds out about a month ago, but then decided to give arbitrage a try for the first time. Of course, cryptsy had the best (read inflated) opportunities for this, so I figured 'I'll just get in and out quick' lmao
BTCBinary

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 06:41:39 PM

Now, I am getting alarmed! I don't have many BTC in there but still have enough to give me an headache. I need to see if I can withdraw my coins from there!
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 06:50:11 PM

Some people in other forum said that sites is not safe and its totaly scammed.
You cant recover your account there and you cannot receive the responce from the support of the site..
onlinedragon

Activity: 1036
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 07:11:33 PM

Ridiculous they just ban me because I said 'So that is how it works don't talk bad about this exchange' they ban people just for complaining and people can't say anything about it. Is it normal mods ban people just asking for there own crypto/money.
vancefox
Legendary

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 07:22:38 PM

Surprised?  You shouldn't be... First rule in scamming is to control the message...

HarryKPeters

Activity: 896

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 09:32:06 PM

I am not sure what they do is scamming. So far you just have to wait for a withdrawal. But let's face it, in a few weeks if they just dissapear with customers funds it is a scam.
It's good many people warned us here about Cryptsy, i was just in time to get my funds moved to another exchange.

MTBTT

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 09:34:10 PM

Cryptsy is having a lot of problems ATM. I wonder if they're going to resolve them any time soon or they're just going to go fully scam.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: