Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:38:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Unable to get payload  (Read 713 times)
annshux (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2012, 07:16:03 PM

Bought some coins a day ago received an email stating they have been sent and a link to the lockchain to confirm they have been. I got them sent to an address from coinapult.com but am still waiting for an email off them for me to collect payload. One thing that crossed my mind as the reason why I haven't received it is that I may have mispelt my email address on coinapult. I'm am yet to hear back from coinapult and am worried I have lost my coins :S

Can someone help me please?
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
November 30, 2012, 08:14:14 PM

Bought some coins a day ago received an email stating they have been sent and a link to the lockchain to confirm they have been. I got them sent to an address from coinapult.com but am still waiting for an email off them for me to collect payload. One thing that crossed my mind as the reason why I haven't received it is that I may have mispelt my email address on coinapult. I'm am yet to hear back from coinapult and am worried I have lost my coins :S

Can someone help me please?

You are describing two separate services here?

So it sounds like you are using Coinapult's e-mail wallet service.  So before you used the exchange service you first went to Coinapult.com and put in your own e-mail address for the To: field. Then it presented you with the Bitcoin address to "Load Bitcoins" and that is what you later used with the exchange service?

Then at the exchange service where you bought coins you provided the "Load Bitcoins" address from Coinapult?   And then when you look at the blockchain you can see that the transaction from the exchange truly did occur (and confirm with 6 or more confirmations)?

If all that is correct, then yes -- Coinapult would have received your coins and normally sent off the e-mail with instructions to access that wallet.

If the funding transaction from the exchange has confirmed (and you said it was a day ago, so that likely has occurred) and you didn't receive any e-mail from Coinapult, the most likely scenario is that the message is in your spam folder.

If that isn't the case, then if you suspect there is a possibility is that you made a typo on the e-mail address, or any other reason, your next step would be to contact Coinapult support:

- http://coinapult.com/contact

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

annshux (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 30, 2012, 10:08:33 PM

Sent you a pm. Have also checked spam folder and nothing in there
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
November 30, 2012, 10:44:32 PM

Have also checked spam folder and nothing in there

If it was the case of a typo in the e-mail address, hopefully it was not a valid e-mail address and nobody has claimed the funds.

And whether it was a valid address or not, if they are asked to redeem it to a different address, I could see there being a number of steps before acknowledging that simply because they need to ensure they are sending it to the right party.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

calimaya

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 13, 2013, 09:09:10 PM

Was this issue resolved?

I'm experiencing the same issue. I went through Coinapult.com and set up a Btc-Email transfer, using my own email in both To: and From: fields, and had my exchange simply fund the address given by Coinapult.com

I have the address provided, saved, and transaction ids from the exchange showing that the address was in fact funded. But, I never received and email from Coinapult.com launching the coins from myself, to myself. First place I checked was my spam, and then trash boxes, just to be on the safe side. Neither places held anything but what was expected. My assumption was similar that perhaps I had made a slight typo when using my email address to obtain the BTC address through Coinapult.

Once before I had an issue similar to this, and it was in-fact a typo. Ira Miller(Bearbones)took care of it ASAP, and it was quite possibly the best customer support experience with bitcoin to date... but this is quite different. I've contacted Coinapult.com through their site form, 2 times. Also sent emails directiony to Ira(bearbones) and Support@Coinapult.com just to be safe. It has been 24+ hours, and no response.

My exchange got back to be ASAP to verify that the transaction records exist, and I reviewed everything I could on blockchain.info

One other issue, was that when I searched the address again this afternoon, I was getting an error "Unrecognized Search Pattern" and couldn't get info on the address, until my exchange got that transaction ID to me, in which I searched, and found the address(still loaded/untouched).

On the up-side, I've gained about $300 on my coin since I bought it. On the downside, coin is getting dangerously high, fast. Worried w/ my luck, the market would crash right now. aha

4 pm EST on a Wed, thought this would've been resolved much faster than this. Ugh.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: