Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 03:44:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] CryptoCoin Ticker  (Read 3248 times)
Bigal (OP)

Activity: 204
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 01, 2012, 04:57:09 AM
Last edit: December 01, 2012, 01:10:36 PM by Bigal

I had been using the windows btc price gadget for months and since moving on to windows 8 desktop gadgets are no longer supported, I decided I would just go ahead write my own since I'm tired of looking up all the different alt-coins and my mining stats every time I get on-line. I just thought I'd share this with the community so maybe someone else will get some use out of it as I have. This is a rather generic ticker no fancy gui, no bells and whistles, only the hard numbers just the way I like it, but on the other hand it is quite flexible and can be configured to show you just about any exchange info, mining stats, or block-chain info. When I say "just about" it's not going to extract complex nested json data requiring custom classes or parsing, it uses just a generic string parser and returns the first "key" match if found.  

This is not a windows 8 metro app, this just runs in the system tray, uses very little resources and uses a xml configuration file for setup "ticker-list.xml" is the default or can be launched with "CryptoCoinTicker.exe filename" for using different config files, also works under Ubuntu  if mono-complete is installed (has a couple display quirks when removing the border but is ok once restarted and some functionality has been bypassed).

You can change the font, colors and the horizontal and vertical lay-outs in the options menu, a * will appear if the query times out or if the data has not updated. You will get a "Key Error" if the key is not found. Update interval is set at 10 minutes but can be changed as needed.

Here's a quick and dirty set-up guide:
The white spacing in the name and symbols will help line up columns if using a mono-spaced font

Normal data:
Code:
  <Ticker>
    <Name>BTC  </Name>
    <Address>https://mtgox.com/api/0/data/ticker.php</Address>
    <Key>last</Key>
    <Symbol>$</Symbol>
  </Ticker>

No address uses the previous address above it for returning multiple items from same source:
Code:
  <Ticker>
    <Name>High </Name>
    <Address></Address>
    <Key>high</Key>
    <Symbol></Symbol>
  </Ticker>

For a blank line an empty Ticker block:
Code:
  <Ticker>
    <Name></Name>
    <Address></Address>
    <Key></Key>
    <Symbol></Symbol>
  </Ticker>

For a separator character an empty Ticker block with desired character in the symbol slot:
Code:
  <Ticker>
    <Name></Name>
    <Address></Address>
    <Key></Key>
    <Symbol>---------------</Symbol>
  </Ticker>

To return non-json data such as the current block count leave the key slot empty:
Code:
  <Ticker>
    <Name>Blocks </Name>
    <Address>http://blockchain.info/q/getblockcount</Address>
    <Key></Key>
    <Symbol>#</Symbol>
  </Ticker>

md5
E:\disk\FCIV>fciv.exe CryptoCoinTicker.exe
//
// File Checksum Integrity Verifier version 2.05.
//
a2f6a70b01ba2a914629e810b40b47cf cryptocointicker.exe

Binary:
CryptoCoinTicker-Binary

Source:
CryptoCoinTicker-Source

The Small Time Miner Pools   CryptoCoin Ticker   BTC 1EHV2BY8JcvpBqnMqq5BSkbZvFHT7ndpnz    LTC  LaBigaLvm7L8XT5urnwJW5MpoArBAjsk2X
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: