Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 08:32:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Did anyone buy during $1200?  (Read 13109 times)
RustyNoman

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 08:54:57 AM

That would of been the mistake of anyone's life if they did. That would be a massive loss of 3x of the worth now. I think it is still at $410 last I checked. It is Friday so time to party and not trouble your mind with such hopeless things like the price right now.  Wink

If you look back in 10 years, $1200 could be a good price to buy. We buy high all the time even though we want to buy low.
-Tx-Rider

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 09:28:42 AM

Nope not me. But I knew someone who bought it... he is still upset and bitter about it til now.
Anyway, I feel if you are buying or invest in bitcoin, you need to know how much you are willing to pay for it. (And what u are going use it for)
Few years passed.. we see the up and down price... is not always stable and we are unable to really know it worth in next few mths or even a year.
For me.. I will only buy it around $200 to 250 usd range.. if it drops below it, I can still keep and anything over.. I can profit and sell..
Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 11:22:46 AM

Anyone who bought at $1,200 on FOMO got what was coming to them. By then the train had already left the station many miles ago and it would be like trying to get on by jumping onto it from an overpass as it was traveling 80 MPH, but not looking down the tracks to notice it was about to go over a bridge that was out.. Smiley
sishendaoye

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 01:44:03 PM

Anyone who bought at $1,200 on FOMO got what was coming to them. By then the train had already left the station many miles ago and it would be like trying to get on by jumping onto it from an overpass as it was traveling 80 MPH, but not looking down the tracks to notice it was about to go over a bridge that was out.. Smiley

Well most people panic buyed themself coins at 1200
It's a bad decision really to buy an asset which has grown so much in a short time.
It was to be expected the price would go down eventually.
Armando

Activity: 870
Merit: 500

Trading will make me rich)

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 01:55:03 PM

Hey all, just as the title says, did anyone buy bitcoin when it's price was at it's peak ($1200)? And did they sell as it was dropping, or did they still hold on? I personally felt something was happening when it peaked :-/

So, back to the topic. Did anyone buy, and did they sell as it dropped? How much did they lose? Did you feel really really sad? What kind of an emotional impact did it have on you?

I did)) I sold it later for $600-700 BUT that bitcoins was invested to DRK that multiplied the value few times so I was not so heart broken  Grin))))))
lumeire
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1009

Next-Gen Trade Racing Metaverse

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 02:35:04 PM

Well I did too, but in the line of ~0.25. While it wasn't much, it was good money that I lost.

Some things are meant to be lost I suppose.

▄▄████████▄▄           ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄   ▄▄████████████████▄▄
  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
 ▄█████▀            ▀█  ▄█████▀            ▀█████▄
▄█████▀                ▄█████▀    ▄▄        ▀█████▄
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▄▄     ▐█████
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▀▀     ▐█████
▀█████▄      ▄▄▄      █████▀      ▀▀        ▄█████▀
 ▀█████▄▄   █████    █████▀  █▄            ▄█████▀
  ▀██████████████ ██████▀▀  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀███████████ ████▀    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀███████ ▀▀           ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀███▀
|
..NEXT-GEN TRADE RACING METAVERSE..
|   WEBSITE   |   TELEGRAM   |   TWITTER   |   MEDIUM   |
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 02:48:54 PM

I guess a lot of people would have bought at that levek hoping it would keep on moving, I hope that those people kept their heads and are still holding and didn't lose too much.
shogdite

Activity: 798

LIR Dev. www.letitride.io

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 03:05:54 PM

Luckily I never brought at the peak. The only reason i never was because i was not around to lol I did buy at $6xx - $5xx - $4xx - $3xx -$2xx and that was just as bad. I have managed to make all my losses back though and it is a thing of the past so has no bearing on my emotional state. I think it may well have if i had not become in profit from it.
While that is poetic do you really believe people would have jumped on to a moving train had they know it was the peak. Needless to say they would not, nobody knew because in this reality you can't see down the track unless you are the whales creating the prices..

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 03:15:30 PM

Luckily I never brought at the peak. The only reason i never was because i was not around to lol I did buy at $6xx - $5xx - $4xx - $3xx -$2xx and that was just as bad. I have managed to make all my losses back though and it is a thing of the past so has no bearing on my emotional state. I think it may well have if i had not become in profit from it.
While that is poetic do you really believe people would have jumped on to a moving train had they know it was the peak. Needless to say they would not, nobody knew because in this reality you can't see down the track unless you are the whales creating the prices..

I have had my share of market missteps and get mine when it is deserved, I do not place myself above that. But in this particular case we had people who had no knowledge of trading, much less Bitcoin itself, going out and tossing $1,200 at something because "if they didn't hurry they would miss out."

What they got was indeed what they deserved, a big slap down for acting so irrationally instead of doing a bit of research to look at the parabolic rise up and pausing a bit to consider that maybe it wouldn't go up like this much longer. If you only bought 1 BTC or less at that price consider it a bargain in a lesson in cold hard reality.
andycarrol

Activity: 1106
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 03:37:17 PM

hard to say that someone want to buy during $1200
and im not using bitcoin when the bitcoin reach $1200

just like me, even I do not know when bitcoin touched $1200, because I know bitcoin in 2014.
Tavos

Activity: 140

fastdice.com The Worlds Fastest Bitcoin Dice

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2016, 07:38:26 PM

I didn't buy any bitcoin, because I didn't know about it at the time. Some people definitely did though and they must have felt very sad.

RustyNoman

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 08:48:00 AM

I didn't buy any bitcoin, because I didn't know about it at the time. Some people definitely did though and they must have felt very sad.

That price was reached in Mt Gox. So there is a possibility that bitcoin price was generated by a robot belong to the exchange.
shogdite

Activity: 798

LIR Dev. www.letitride.io

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 10:53:31 AM

I have had my share of market missteps and get mine when it is deserved, I do not place myself above that. But in this particular case we had people who had no knowledge of trading, much less Bitcoin itself, going out and tossing $1,200 at something because "if they didn't hurry they would miss out."

What they got was indeed what they deserved, a big slap down for acting so irrationally instead of doing a bit of research to look at the parabolic rise up and pausing a bit to consider that maybe it wouldn't go up like this much longer. If you only bought 1 BTC or less at that price consider it a bargain in a lesson in cold hard reality.

Me to I think we all must have made mistakes while in bitcoin. Yes that was crazy buying that high but fear of loss and greed is hard to over come and they may have already had coin and seen it rise so felt safer. Either way it would be hard to know it was the top regardless of the rise. I feel lucky i was not about for that as it may have had me as well lol.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
oblivi

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 03:32:14 PM

Everyone I know that bought during the last ATH has either sold the coins, or lost the coins because they are idiots that still didn't learn the lesson and left them on Cryptsy.
Newcoins2020

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 03:53:39 PM

No, I bought it for $400, so I will wait for a good price.

If it has a good price I am going to sell it so I have profit of it.
tbterryboy

Activity: 1946
Merit: 322

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 04:24:50 PM

No, I bought it for $400, so I will wait for a good price.

If it has a good price I am going to sell it so I have profit of it.

I also bought bitcoins in recent times. My buying average is around $350. I will keep on buying on regular intervals whenever I get some savings.
stepwilli

Activity: 1042
Merit: 273

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 08:04:36 PM

Well, I bought some BTC during the price was 1100$ , but dont call me foolish, as I didnt buy to stock it. I bought the btc because I had to pay someone and he demanded BTC , so well it was same for me if btc was 1100$ or 110$ , yes though I will love to buy some and stock at 110$ for sure.
RustyNoman

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 08:56:38 AM

Well, I bought some BTC during the price was 1100$ , but dont call me foolish, as I didnt buy to stock it. I bought the btc because I had to pay someone and he demanded BTC , so well it was same for me if btc was 1100$ or 110$ , yes though I will love to buy some and stock at 110$ for sure.

So the guy accepting the bitcoin lost out if he did not pass the bitcoin quickly to other people.
madonnino

Activity: 322

I ❤ www.LuckyB.it!

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 09:10:55 AM

So the guy accepting the bitcoin lost out if he did not pass the bitcoin quickly to other people.

I think the volatility is one of the major problem of bitcoin to became mainstream, to pay isn't so bad but to receive you have to sell it quicly to not risk
okae
Legendary

Activity: 1401
Merit: 1008

northern exposure

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2016, 11:10:52 AM

I think the volatility is one of the major problem of bitcoin to became mainstream, to pay isn't so bad but to receive you have to sell it quicly to not risk

No more no less than Fiat money and with less manipulation ( yes... ), just compare how many people use fiat and how many use our lovely bitcoin, imagine that we have something like a 10% of world people using bitcoin, we will continue talking about volatility like now? Wink

IMHO #1.b of suspects, Hal Finney is/was S.N.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: