Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:09:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Unconfirmed in and outgoings for 24 hours. Should I be worried?  (Read 782 times)
bunZer0 (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 09:45:57 AM

Hi,

I have some pending transactions in mycelium and electrum. High and medium priority. It's been over 24 hours. Should I be worried? Could I be left in a situation where I lose coins or do I just sit tight and relax? I have restored wallets and still nothing. At one point, electrum threw up the message "server lagging 3 blocks" or something similar. Does it give up after a week and return the coins or can I attempt something else to push them along?

Total newcomer to the world of bitcoin and just want to find my feet without drowning.

Could the above be due to pressure on the blockchain caused by increased trading with the fluctuations in price the last couple of days?

I've been able to send and receive transactions in these wallets since with no problems.

Any assistance would be of great help,

B.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sbtctalk

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 10:28:38 AM

Did you pay transaction fees? If it is below the recommended fees or no fees, it can take hours for the transaction to get even 1 confirmation. Another factor could be the attack on the blockchain that could slow down transactions.

Your tranaactions will go through. Just a matter of time.

13Sk3gsQ1ogrzmyt3xMVvByxcUvZr98kKN
jaberwock
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1073

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 10:43:19 AM

Verify in other block explorers, maybe the problem is with your wallet and you transaction has already been confirmed

bunZer0 (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 11:36:26 AM

Fees were 0.0004 and 0.0007. May be the problem arose from me spending from an unconfirmed incoming transaction  (schoolboy error)

I've restored the seed on a different computer and will try a new server to see if that helps but now I'm sitting on a huge amount of unverified while electrum catches up.

Pretty sure they're not confirmed as i sent a transaction to my mycelium and that's stuck pending too.

bunZer0 (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 11:43:45 AM

Fees were 0.0004 and 0.0007. May be the problem arose from me spending from an unconfirmed incoming transaction  (schoolboy error)

I've restored the seed on a different computer and will try a new server to see if that helps but now I'm sitting on a huge amount of unverified while electrum catches up.

Pretty sure they're not confirmed as i sent a transaction to my mycelium and that's stuck pending too.

PS... Strange... This is now 30mins syncing on new computer with all previous transactions unverified. Is this normal?
sbtctalk

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 01:37:15 PM

PS... Strange... This is now 30mins syncing on new computer with all previous transactions unverified. Is this normal?

Yes. The syncing is the process of downloading the blockchain header. The unverified will be resolved to other status after you close and open electrum.

treodu

Activity: 11

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 04:12:16 AM

did your transaction ever sync with local electrum or are you still waiting?  Im having a transaction verification problem and im trying to figure if it is me or others have had similar transaction sync verification balance issues. 
sbtctalk

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 05:47:07 AM

did your transaction ever sync with local electrum or are you still waiting?  Im having a transaction verification problem and im trying to figure if it is me or others have had similar transaction sync verification balance issues. 

If it takes forever to sync (more than 20 min assuming you are on fast connection), go into your data  folder, delete the header file. Restart electrum to force the app to download and rebuild blockchain headers again. Make sure you have the seed ready to restore the wallet if things fail

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: