Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 05:21:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin, dogecoin, and litecoin the same ??  (Read 8387 times)
ivanst776
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 07:49:24 PM

These are not the same but you mean if they are in the same category then yes all of them are digital (crypto) currency
bitcoin-hunter

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 08:01:40 PM

Lets say bitcoin is the big boss and lietecoin and dogecoin are just the employees Tongue
And no they are not the same, but is almost the same as bitcoin.
Ryananda (OP)

Activity: 812

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 01:53:20 AM

Nope.

1) The names are obviously different
2) Bitcoin was the first cryptocurrency
3) The algorithms are different
So litecoin, dogecoin, etc. are imitators bitcoin
Is it true ?
Laila10

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 04:44:56 AM

Nope, they are totally different. Bitcoin is the bases of crypto currency, and dogecoin and litecoin are altcoins. Altcoin is alternate coin develop after bitcoin laucn..
Ryananda (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 04:46:16 AM

Nope, they are totally different. Bitcoin is the bases of crypto currency, and dogecoin and litecoin are altcoins. Altcoin is alternate coin develop after bitcoin laucn..
So do you think dogecoin with bitcoin is not crypto, but altcoin?
So what's the difference crypto and altcoin? I still do not understand
Rizky Aditya

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 04:51:59 AM

They are all cryptocurrencies I guess. But that's pretty much all the three share. So they are definitely not the same.
Bitcoinpro
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 05:37:41 AM

They are the same in the sense they use the same algorithm with different parameters.

But of course they are not the same in the sense you transfer Dogecoin to a Bitcoin address, of course
And which do you think is more favorable among bitcoin, dogecoin, and litecoin?
What a way to get between litecoin and dogecoin same as bitcoin ??

bitcoin is the most used, don't even care about the other, bitcoin is already struggling enough to get accepted, oither altcoin will never be accepted

also they have a less secure network, because the hashrate is not as a strong as bitcoin

internet used to be for geeks

then facebook used to be for geeks

now bitcoin is for geeks

lol get in get in hard don't mess around

this is the one out of three u will

regret and it will hurt!!!!

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

CRYPTOCURRENCY CENTRAL BANK

LTC: LP7bcFENVL9vdmUVea1M6FMyjSmUfsMVYf
Ryananda (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 06:48:49 AM

They are all cryptocurrencies I guess. But that's pretty much all the three share. So they are definitely not the same.
I think these three are crypto but at different founders.
The system performed well almost the same
Sir_lagsalot

Activity: 392
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 06:55:22 AM

I think these three are crypto but at different founders.
The system performed well almost the same

They are not exactly the same, but they revolve around bitcoin. Dogecoin, if i'm correct doesn't have the 21 million bitcoin max, but more. Litecoin seems to be the second most popular coin, one reason being it was the second altcoin. It also had faster tx times, easier blocks, and hence earning it's name, "LITEcoin". I personally prefer Bitcoin, as most other altcoin use SHA256, there's no need for another type of encryption, and there's really no altcoin to beat bitcoin's community. Take a look at bitcointalk. No other altcoin forum much like it.
kyrios_

Activity: 210

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 07:05:53 AM

they're similar with slight difference. litecoin has faster transaction times, shorter block times. dogecoin has much more coins per block so it is viewed as a "fun" currency.
Ryananda (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 06:43:19 AM

they're similar with slight difference. litecoin has faster transaction times, shorter block times. dogecoin has much more coins per block so it is viewed as a "fun" currency.
Then what you recommendations between bitcoin, litecoin, dogecoin? Which one is better in terms of profit?
Although they are almost the same but I think it looks like in terms of the amount of their expenses differently
wackyD

Activity: 170
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 07:30:05 AM

basically, there is no point or use in litecoin or dogecoin as they are only bitcoin tweaked in slightly different and (more or less) useless ways. only psychological bait such as "litecoin is the silver to bitcoin's gold" keeps people accumulating these 2 alts. If bitcoin dies, so do these 2. The offer nothing really special at the end of 2015 where we are now.
avw1982

Activity: 644

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 11:55:27 AM

i see btc as gold,ltc as silver and doge as something completely different.
Yeah you are right in comparison dude. Bitcoin reached in different level whatever It may be not lite or dodgecoin nothing can't match that. they didn't get success like Bitcoin. Just we can do transaction in that and its same too. But not with value and fame.
stromma44

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 01:20:12 PM

i see btc as gold,ltc as silver and doge as something completely different.
Yeah you are right in comparison dude. Bitcoin reached in different level whatever It may be not lite or dodgecoin nothing can't match that. they didn't get success like Bitcoin. Just we can do transaction in that and its same too. But not with value and fame.

Yeah and bitcoin is more popular as compared to any other crypto currency and has higher market cap So I don't think that its the same as the users of bitcoins are more as compared to dogecoin or litecoin and bitcoins can hit the mainstream in the future and no other crypto can do that.
HeroCat

Activity: 658

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 01:54:10 PM

Most popular are Bitcoin and Dogecoin, and yes they are promising crypto coins. But keep in your mind that Bitcoin is Nr.1 crypto in the world  Grin
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 02:05:28 PM

The difference between those coins is huge... the hashing algorithm is just an anecdote. DOGE and LTC are just imitations of BTC with small differences to try to justify its existence. Ultimately they are in my book pretty worthless. Most alts are a waste of time and money.
vilain

Activity: 126

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 02:06:34 PM

Bitcoin is far better than litecoin and dogecoin. It is supposed to be the most used cryptocoins among other coins out there. Go for bitcoin, there are also lots of merchants who accept bitcoin rather than doge and lite.

How do you guys define better?

Is it just because it's more used?

What about different technologies that offer better transaction speeds, such as Dash and others?
kyrios_

Activity: 210

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 05:52:29 PM

Then what you recommendations between bitcoin, litecoin, dogecoin? Which one is better in terms of profit?
Although they are almost the same but I think it looks like in terms of the amount of their expenses differently

it depends on what you mean by profit. In terms of mining profit, they run different algorithms which suit certain processing units. let's say you have CPU, litecoin would benefit you more if you mine. however with asics these is pretty much redundant. But making use of difficulty levels and exchange rate, it is possible to benefit more by mining these altcoins. multipool has an automatic feature that mines the most profitable coin.

regarding trading or as a kind of investments, Bitcoin is pretty established while the rest are not, they have higher potential of a rapid increase in prices, however, they may also flop. no one knows for sure so it depends on whether you think these coins have potential. One example would be during the previous bubble, litecoin gained much more in value compared to Bitcoin but crashed harder
ashly

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 01:17:23 AM

Definitely yes, its a virtual currency
Bought

Activity: 266

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 01:17:56 AM

No. The names are different and the algorithms are different.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: