Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:41:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: want to start mining  (Read 13903 times)
gkv9
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 09:29:25 AM

if mining is not profitable then why are the big companys or industrys are doing it now and also china is doing it in big scale too isnt it i thought mining is just getting difficult these days so i should switch to trading now hope that brings me a good profit and a good grip on money

My electricity cost is higher than $0.2/kWh, so I do not mine. It is not profitable at all for me.

there is some profit you can do with a s7, a s7 can produce almost one btc, now a little less because of the recent diff increase, 0.75, which is $360

at 0.2 electricity your consumption per month is $180, so your net profit is still $180 per month

Looking at calculators, it looks like at the CURRENT rate, with zero electricity, break-even would be 11 months. Starting next month, that jumps up to 13-14 months. The next month it jumps up to 17 months, and this pattern continues. The chances of breaking even are almost non-existent, especially when you consider how quickly new hardware is being created/added.

no , don't fall for the "% diff increase each month", it's not working like that, the diff will settle at the same ratio as it was before, there will be no always the same increase as the last one

so the next diff increase will not be + 13% or something, but much lower, and with free electricity your earning would be $360 a month which mean 5 months roi not 11, S7 cost only 3 btc on bitman

But what's the guarantee that after halving takes place, the profitability will be the same???
Even if the calculators ain't right, we can't assume exactly as to what we will be getting in the future based on the uncertainty it possesses...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lahm-44 (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 11:46:21 AM

if mining is not profitable then why are the big companys or industrys are doing it now and also china is doing it in big scale too isnt it i thought mining is just getting difficult these days so i should switch to trading now hope that brings me a good profit and a good grip on money

My electricity cost is higher than $0.2/kWh, so I do not mine. It is not profitable at all for me.

there is some profit you can do with a s7, a s7 can produce almost one btc, now a little less because of the recent diff increase, 0.75, which is $360

at 0.2 electricity your consumption per month is $180, so your net profit is still $180 per month

Looking at calculators, it looks like at the CURRENT rate, with zero electricity, break-even would be 11 months. Starting next month, that jumps up to 13-14 months. The next month it jumps up to 17 months, and this pattern continues. The chances of breaking even are almost non-existent, especially when you consider how quickly new hardware is being created/added.

no , don't fall for the "% diff increase each month", it's not working like that, the diff will settle at the same ratio as it was before, there will be no always the same increase as the last one

so the next diff increase will not be + 13% or something, but much lower, and with free electricity your earning would be $360 a month which mean 5 months roi not 11, S7 cost only 3 btc on bitman

But what's the guarantee that after halving takes place, the profitability will be the same???
Even if the calculators ain't right, we can't assume exactly as to what we will be getting in the future based on the uncertainty it possesses...
predicting futuer is just like finding a true love we can hardly say what will be the right number in the future with this increasing difficulty and if we anyhow can mine at a constant rate then i am sure we can solve some big mining problems which are effecting the mining
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 04:08:29 PM

nothing, but if the demand remain the same, it will be profitable for the miners to mine, this is certain, the price already increase 2x, which is exactly what you need to face the halving

the efficiency will take care of the diff increase
Kevinatin

Activity: 612

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 08:30:36 AM

nothing, but if the demand remain the same, it will be profitable for the miners to mine, this is certain, the price already increase 2x, which is exactly what you need to face the halving

If you have efficient miners, you are OK with the difficulty rise. Just halve the revenue. You might be still profitable. If you do not have efficient miners, you will make a loss.
Hash72

Activity: 294

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 09:04:00 AM

I checked the date of this post before deciding to reply. To be honest, it is not worth mining with a computer anymore. So, let's ignore the possibility of mining with phone. Nowadays, large companies is mining Bitcoin in a large farm with hundreds of mining hardware. It costs a lot of electricity to mine Bitcoin. In other to sucess, one need to be faster than the competitors. With a 2.8 GHz processor and 500 kbps internet connection, you cannot get anywhere near 1 BTC profit. Check Amazon.com for some cheap mining hardware and learn how to use them.

If your friend and you really want to mine Bitcoin on this computer, try some new Altcoin that is easy to mine.

Totally agree mining BTC  these days is very hard than you imaging so if you and your friend want to do it ,  you have to invest some money on it (i mean alot ).

I think you have to follow the advise jacktheking if you insist to mine (Mine new good ALT coins ) other wise invest in buying BTC.

RyanLiang

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 04:20:20 PM

If you have graphics card, and want to try mining. You can mine Ethereum. The price has risen a lot recently.
socks435
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030

Privacy is always important

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 04:46:27 PM

If you have graphics card, and want to try mining. You can mine Ethereum. The price has risen a lot recently.
I  think there is no profitable mining in this year but if you have free electricity you can make a profit.
About the ethereum how much if you convert it to satoshi?

Solving blocks can't be solved without my rigs.
gkv9
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 06:52:38 PM

But efficiency decreases with the increase in difficulty and as time passes...
I guess there are no miners which run at a stable TH/s provided at sites they are purchased from, for more than 7 - 8 months, so the possibility to profit decreases with the decrease in efficiency...

Nathland

Activity: 317

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 08:07:20 AM

I guess there are no miners which run at a stable TH/s provided at sites they are purchased from, for more than 7 - 8 months, so the possibility to profit decreases with the decrease in efficiency...

I think profitability decreases with increasing difficulty. If you have high electricity price, your new miner will last just a few months.
kattekop

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 10:49:41 AM

Even if you paid a decent cloud mining site to avoid electricity costs a lifetime contract, you will never get even. That's right, China will eat you alive. I my own, am facing it now. What happens is, the rewards you get from it, dwindle down, until nothingness.

You have been informed. Wink
Decoded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

give me your cryptos

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 10:53:22 AM

HAH. HAH. HAHAHA.

OK, was this a troll, or are you being serious? You're calling yourself a noob? This friend of yours wants to mine with a lemon! xD

If you want to make 5 satoshis a day, by all means, go ahead. Don't come crying when you find out that the lemon has died from the strain, or that your power bill is somewhere like 500 satoshis a day.

My download speed here in Australia is 32 Mbps  Roll Eyes

looking for a signature campaign, dm me for that
Decoded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

give me your cryptos

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 10:56:53 AM

I think profitability decreases with increasing difficulty. If you have high electricity price, your new miner will last just a few months.

The increased difficulty will cause a more strained demand, which in turn will fight until maybe even 2x the current price. Then miners will earn the same amount as they do now (in fiat) and people can purchase the same amount of BTC as they used to (in fiat).

looking for a signature campaign, dm me for that
kattekop

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 11:08:19 AM

Google knows how to make a lemon battery, lol Wink
I invested 0.30 BTC in mining, got some results of roughly 60000 satoshis a day, but this is months ago. Now my rewards are like 4000 sats a day.

What about a Smartflower for your garden? ( www.smartflower.com ).
Still expensive now, but you always get solar energy during the day.
avw1982

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 11:14:50 AM

I  think there is no profitable mining in this year but if you have free electricity you can make a profit.
About the ethereum how much if you convert it to satoshi?

To reduce the charge of electricity means You could have go for Solar panel miners. That you can easily find in EBay and amazon through online purchase.
European markets you can purchase easily.
arbitrage

Activity: 560

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 03:55:06 PM

Follow those announcements on altcoin scene, you can find  from time to time new coins that can be mined only with cpu or hdd ..Do your homework and read.
calkob

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 04:34:43 PM

You can still mine other coins and then trade them for Bitcoin, i currently mine ether and get about 0.09BTC per month

Mine with a lemon???  haha gives me an idea, i might use my hamster to power a dynamo from his wheel, actually i might get him a few friends to help out.... Grin Grin Grin
HeroCat

Activity: 658

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 03:29:34 PM

So called home BTC mining is not profitable, better sign up with good BTC mining site and invest some BTC  Wink
ghostwriter-65

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 07:33:38 AM

Maybe you should try cloudmining because some cloudmining sites are actully giving profit but dont fall in any scam
Dekker3D

Activity: 434

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 07:47:54 AM

Maybe you should try cloudmining because some cloudmining sites are actully giving profit but dont fall in any scam

But the difficulty increase are dwindling the earnings every few weeks or so and we are so many weeks away from halving still.

Nathland

Activity: 317

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 11:57:20 AM

But the difficulty increase are dwindling the earnings every few weeks or so and we are so many weeks away from halving still.

If the difficulty rises 7% each 14 days, the difficulty will double each 140 days. So it is equivalent to halving every 140 days.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: