Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:34:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: want to start mining  (Read 13903 times)
RyanLiang

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 01:14:24 PM

Maybe you should try cloudmining because some cloudmining sites are actully giving profit but dont fall in any scam

But the difficulty increase are dwindling the earnings every few weeks or so and we are so many weeks away from halving still.

If the difficulty rises 7% each 14 days, the difficulty will double each 140 days. So it is equivalent to halving every 140 days.

The difficulty rises is much higher than 7%. It was 20% in the last difficulty adjustment. It will be another 20% in a few days.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jmintuck1912

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 07:34:16 PM

What I do is mine an altcoin that works with my miner and sell the altcoin on the exchanges. I make some a day or two. I was able to keep quite a bit for what I have for

what my miner that I OWN is. I actually OWN a miner to make mone, instead of cloud mining, which I quit as they seem to be YHIPs, and not real mining, that uneducated

people think it is at the beginning. Soon as I found out the dirty little secret about cloud mining, I quit buying cloud mining. Now I plan on one day buying another miner, and

getting more altcoins to sell into btc.
Nathland

Activity: 317
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 09:50:16 PM

What I do is mine an altcoin that works with my miner and sell the altcoin on the exchanges. I make some a day or two. I was able to keep quite a bit for what I have for

what my miner that I OWN is. I actually OWN a miner to make mone, instead of cloud mining, which I quit as they seem to be YHIPs, and not real mining, that uneducated

people think it is at the beginning. Soon as I found out the dirty little secret about cloud mining, I quit buying cloud mining. Now I plan on one day buying another miner, and

getting more altcoins to sell into btc.

I do the same. Most altcoin are scams. I will mine them and then sell them. I do not hold those coins.
RyanLiang

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 04:23:25 PM

The Ethereum is very profitable to mine now. You can make some profit out of it. But the difficulty is rising fast.
Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 07:16:53 PM

The Ethereum is very profitable to mine now. You can make some profit out of it. But the difficulty is rising fast.
Don't even start with Ethereum it is not good good for mining at all. First of all you can't use ASIC to mine because their mining algorithim is something different than coins based on SHA-256.
There is also no way  ASIC could work due to the memory growth built into the Ethereum's algorithm.
Nathland

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 09:09:49 AM

Don't even start with Ethereum it is not good good for mining at all. First of all you can't use ASIC to mine because their mining algorithim is something different than coins based on SHA-256.
There is also no way  ASIC could work due to the memory growth built into the Ethereum's algorithm.

the Ethereum will not be mineable in 10 month also, as it will change to PoS. So your GPU will be useless for this.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 02:59:13 PM

There is also no way  ASIC could work due to the memory growth built into the Ethereum's algorithm.

ti's a good thing that there are no asic, more hard for the diff to grow, and it is fucking profitable right now, so i don't know what you're talking about

it is more profitable than mining bitcoin

the Ethereum will not be mineable in 10 month also, as it will change to PoS. So your GPU will be useless for this.

there is not only ethereum which is profitable, there are at least other 4-5 coins, but i won't say what they are obviously
setupbounds

Activity: 910
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 02:49:56 AM

My suggestion is you just look for a signature campaign you will not earn btc in mining right now because of the high class computers
RyanLiang

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 07:27:49 PM

If you already have the PC system and graphics cards, you can do some mining. That is quite fun.
Nathland

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 01:37:09 PM

If you already have the PC system and graphics cards, you can do some mining. That is quite fun.

For the time being, it is better not to invest too much to buy new graphics card. It is OK to use old ones.
mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 03:10:52 PM

My suggestion is you just look for a signature campaign you will not earn btc in mining right now because of the high class computers

I think the proper term here would be due to "ASIC" chips not high class computers which allow faster pace mining..

As for the signature comment, and its a yes and no.

Most of these signature providers also have a limit how many members are allowed in their campaign so if theres no room, youre kinda out of luck.
btccashacc
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 04:05:00 PM

Mining with PC is no longer possible and/or profitable, your friend will end up wasting a lot of time and electricity and in the end the only thing he'll get is a burned motherboard. Mining requires quite a investment and then you have to spend some more money on electricity. Its better to buy bitcoin instead of spending so much money on mining equipment.
Can we mine altcoin with PC ?
if you want to mine altcoins with your computer you should carefully select the ones that have potential to grow its community and the price because there are a lot of coins which are not worth anything after a few days what would mean a huge loss for you

Do not mine alts at all. If you calculate the profitability, you will realize that you're better off mining BTC and then just trading that for an alt. People talk about how "the alt could go up in value" but you could mine, say 1k of those, or BUY 2k from the BTC. Which one brings more profit?

How about mining etherum, their price is high though.
i knew that imposible to get ROI by mining bitcoin, some people said that mining altcoin is better than bitcoin, i just curious how people here get profit by mining altcoin?
RyanLiang

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 03:54:26 PM

Mining with PC is no longer possible and/or profitable, your friend will end up wasting a lot of time and electricity and in the end the only thing he'll get is a burned motherboard. Mining requires quite a investment and then you have to spend some more money on electricity. Its better to buy bitcoin instead of spending so much money on mining equipment.
Can we mine altcoin with PC ?
if you want to mine altcoins with your computer you should carefully select the ones that have potential to grow its community and the price because there are a lot of coins which are not worth anything after a few days what would mean a huge loss for you

Do not mine alts at all. If you calculate the profitability, you will realize that you're better off mining BTC and then just trading that for an alt. People talk about how "the alt could go up in value" but you could mine, say 1k of those, or BUY 2k from the BTC. Which one brings more profit?

How about mining etherum, their price is high though.
i knew that imposible to get ROI by mining bitcoin, some people said that mining altcoin is better than bitcoin, i just curious how people here get profit by mining altcoin?

I you already have the graphics cards, you can mine them. If you do not have, do not buy new cards. You will not ROI.
streazight

Activity: 910
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 04:37:15 PM

The electricity cost is higher than the minig cost Embarrassed
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 05:59:05 AM

The electricity cost is higher than the minig cost Embarrassed

this is not true, the electricity cost to be higher than the revenue  it must be on the range of 0.2 cent per kw, and big farm are not runnign their farm with this electricity

they are making still tons of profit
kwaasteniet

Activity: 924

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 11:29:04 AM

It is not profitable to mine bitcoin with your PC, but you can try altcoins such as digibyte. with a simple GPU good mineable. (Groestl, qubit, skein)
ubitcoin

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 04:58:58 AM

mining with your normal pc was never profitable bro Huh Undecided
i think your electric bill and Internet bill will take up a good amount with leaving no profit for u but loss Smiley
btccashacc
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 05:11:13 AM

mining with your normal pc was never profitable bro Huh Undecided
i think your electric bill and Internet bill will take up a good amount with leaving no profit for u but loss Smiley
dont mining bitcoin on your normal pc
at least your computer has high spesification and of course the electricity on your area must be cheap.
mining took so many resources and energy. And the difficulty will almost always increase every month, so your hardware will earn less coins
airezx20

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 06:00:29 AM

For now its not profitable to mine bitcoin but it can be profitable if mine altcoin you can find more altcoin mining here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=160.0
All tools there are useful .. also try pos and use vps to start staking without shutdown you laptop because you run it in vps..
Kevinatin

Activity: 612

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 05:08:36 PM

The most profitable coin to mine is the Ethereum. But its difficulty is rising fast. There are many big farms.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: