Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 02:11:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Whats the advantage of doing business loan here VS on BtcJam?  (Read 1086 times)
strspeed (OP)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 02, 2012, 04:45:45 PM

I ask only because I see there is a vast number of people still doing business here. I would assume that going through BTCjam would be more efficient and safe, but you know what they say about assumptions.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3054

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2012, 09:57:43 PM

Is there any way to "browse" for listings on BTCJam?  People use this forum to advertise.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Projects

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 02, 2012, 10:28:16 PM

Yes you can browse through listings on BTCJam - I think people here sometimes cross post and othertimes just prefer to use the forum for whatever reason.

Buying Bitcoins for cash or gold/silver bullion many methods to pay you - pm me for more information
Bank transfer, Cash, Postal Order, Western Union, MoneyGram, SEPA, Amazon & More  - Worldwide Transfers Available
*NEW* BTC for Citibank P2P transfers - USD/EUR please pm me for more information
strspeed (OP)

View Profile
December 03, 2012, 03:35:03 AM

Hmm good call. After checking them out some more I discovered they ask you too disclose some information which given A: their level of security B: Their intent could have devastating effects if leaked or abused, but in their defence it only creates a more healty trading enviorment.  I see they are a registered business so they seem good by me.
Thanks!
Blazr

Activity: 882
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 03, 2012, 04:45:18 AM

They charge a 1% fee IIRC, and their system has been buggy in the past.

strspeed (OP)

View Profile
December 03, 2012, 03:39:24 PM

As opposed the forums which are as free as you'd like to make it, and not buggy. What it boils down to i suppose is BTCjam just streamlines the entire loan process and provides info on the people looking for loans which might me harder to come across in the forums. (although id imagine someone would pipe in if someone was scumbag)
AndrewBUD

Activity: 1078
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2012, 03:41:32 PM

Makes it a bit more fun for people to invest I think

If I ask for a 50 btc loan on the forum one of the bigger lenders would fill this loan for me.

if I put a listing on BTCjam for 50btc I will get multiple investors to fill that loan.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
[/tabl
Smoovious

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

Scattering my bits around the net since 1980

View Profile
December 04, 2012, 11:29:18 AM

One thing I like about BTCJam is I don't have to give out my personal information out to everyone that asks for it.

How can I be sure why they want it to begin with? The site has verified me, and has my information in escrow, so if it becomes needed later, it can be released, with cause.

The ability to link my profile to the forums, and OTC, is nice too (although I haven't been able to link mine to OTC yet, since I didn't use gpg to register OTC, but since I have no OTC rating yet anyways, it doesn't matter that much... yet...)

I have been critical of Tulkas of a couple things, but he's responsive and takes criticism well. Smiley Even when I'm being an asshole about it.  Grin

-- Smoov
Gerco

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 07:45:25 PM

How can I be sure why they want it to begin with? The site has verified me, and has my information in escrow, so if it becomes needed later, it can be released, with cause.
That is what it looks like, but we have a discussion going in another thread that points out that btcjam will not take any action to pursue defaulting borrowers, nor will it release personal information about borrowers to enable lenders to do so.

The identity verification process on btcjam is only to establish the btcjam rating and to prevent sockpuppet accounts. Not for enforcing repayment. Perhaps this will change in the future, but for now I think it's safer to get a contract signed *outside* of btcjam than to lend the same number of coins through btcjam. At least when you have a contract, you have the option of suing the borrower through the court system*.

* = Whether that contract turns out to be enforceable in court is a whole other matter. I would be very interested to see what happens if such a case were brought in front of a judge.

OTC: gercod | Tip jar: 1KNxsZNsGf8RXbnjtiJN84kYVejSeK4bD8 | GPG Key: 8DA261EC572065FD
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 10:19:18 PM

BTCJam has a couple of downsides.  Although you can browse the listings without joining, you can't access people's profiles without joining.  But the biggest downside from my perspective is that lenders have to agree not to try to collect late payments themselves if borrowers default.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
BitCoiner2012

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 11:06:16 PM

Prefer this community that I've done thousands of dollars of business with already as opposed to a site that majorly looks like scammers building up "confidence" loans by the tens. I think it can be used legit fashion and I have loaned someone successfully there.

I received very little attention for my investment (which also has a thread here), but surprisingly even the craziest ideas here I see people post criticism or comments, but amazingly even though I've tried to be as detailed as possible I don't even get snarky comments! That's okay, it seems to be working out for what I am trying to accomplish through other venues, but I will always (at this point in life) try to do business within the BTC community. After all, when my general store opens this month I will accept Bitcoins as payment alongside fiat for all goods in my store (feed/coke/convenience/plants/tobacco/beer and eventually fuel).

I believe in  Bitcoin and I love this community so much even having only been here since August or so.

BTC Long.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: