Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 03:20:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why blocking proxies is not a good idea.  (Read 2212 times)
Gifted (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 05:34:02 PM
Last edit: July 27, 2016, 03:45:56 AM by Gifted

Have you blocked proxies with your .htaccess file? Have you noticed your traffic has slowed down? Yes you have blocked proxies but 99% are not bots! Most people use a proxy from their paid service that use proxies.So you are blocking your good traffic. Try using a proxy and doing faucets... it's not easy, they might do it for an hour and will get sick of it quick. Think about it ...you will need a lot of addresses ,change your ip ,do captchas to get into the site and do captchas to get a claim. So you double your work...don't believe me??  Try using TOR and try just twice. And another thing is this,most advertising bots use a proxy so they can't scan your site to submit to search engines.  If a user is using a proxy to scam he or she will still click on your ads if they want. So it might be worth it as well because in the long run he or she will stop doing it and do normal claims and eventually click on  ads.If you block they won't go back to your site even if they have good intentions.  good luck & best regards , Gifted
Salmen
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1020

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2015, 06:30:14 PM

I'm working on a open source faucetbox faucet and it's protected against proxy. After the user solved the captcha, he'll see a error that he use Proxy and he don't receive the reward.
Perhaps it's better to block VPS because a VPS is a good thing to run bots.

Young Developer amidst Europe. Specialized in Web Programming and Creating Telegram Bots. Looking for a developer? Feel free to drop a mail to me.
Running JaguarBitcoin - Your Place For Scripts
Gifted (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 06:44:55 PM

I'm working on a open source faucetbox faucet and it's protected against proxy. After the user solved the captcha, he'll see a error that he use Proxy and he don't receive the reward.
The best thing to do is just use funcaptha  . blocking vpn is  a proxy. my earnings have doubled since i took off anti-proxy.
Salmen
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1020

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2015, 06:50:14 PM

The best thing to do is just use funcaptha  . blocking vpn is  a proxy. my earnings have doubled since i took off anti-proxy.
I see. While reCaptcha and Solvemedia show Images to choose or entering letters from image is this a easy job. Funcaptcha is a hard job for "Solve Captcha Service".
I'll integrate Funcaptcha. Thank you.

Cheers
Salmen

Young Developer amidst Europe. Specialized in Web Programming and Creating Telegram Bots. Looking for a developer? Feel free to drop a mail to me.
Running JaguarBitcoin - Your Place For Scripts
misterbit

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 06:55:13 PM

Do not share this idea, if it allows proxies, vpn, vps etc... they dry the faucet in hours.
The vps come over and over again by changing his IP.
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 06:59:32 PM

Do not share this idea, if it allows proxies, vpn, vps etc... they dry the faucet in hours.
The vps come over and over again by changing his IP.

And it's better than people that hack faucets for more than $500 an hour! Sites like freebitco.in are frequently hacked by users, these users can earn over $350 in total from doing this (hacking both the bitcoin version and doge version). Possibly why it is a good idea to only get one fixed reward amount for ever time someone logs on to it.
Gifted (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 07:03:53 PM

Im telling you from experience with my site here  http://bitcoinfaucetexchange.com  my profits have doubled since i took off the htaccess code for proxies and my site is not going dry. Funcapthca is too hard for bots.
Racey
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

Soon, I have to go away.

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 07:04:04 PM

I was blocked by a website, the only one ever.
They blocked me once before, then I was allowed back on, a few days later I got blocked again.
I am a real person not a bot  Grin

And its gone.
Gifted (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 07:05:49 PM

They blocked me once before, then I was allowed back on, a few days later I got blocked again.
Me too, and this goes to show you i am right ! Smiley
misterbit

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 07:25:29 PM

That says it for my website?
Racey
Legendary

Soon, I have to go away.

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 07:30:13 PM

Yes, no fault of yours though, I heard that Virgin media changes my ip from 82.26.120.78 to some other ip
What I do not know?

And its gone.
misterbit

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 07:35:24 PM

Yes, no fault of yours though, I heard that Virgin media changes my ip from 82.26.120.78 to some other ip
What I do not know?
I had advised a friend, the problem is that I blocked to Virgin Media I'm not sure if it distributes dedicated servers.
Now try and let me know.
Gifted (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 07:36:56 PM

What I do not know?
I had advised a friend, the problem is that I blocked to Virgin Media I'm not sure if it distributes dedicated servers.
Now try and let me know.
virgin media subs out customers to prox because they have more sales then they can handle.. hence another reason blocking proxy is no good
Gifted (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 07:39:40 PM

@misterbit my ip is blocked from your site too without using a proxy 108.227.74.93
Racey
Legendary

Soon, I have to go away.

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 07:40:29 PM

What I do not know?
Now try and let me know.

Worked then, superb Wink
1550 Satoshi Was Sent To You On FaucetBOX.Com Congratulations!

And its gone.
KnightTrader

Activity: 288

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 07:43:55 PM

One thing I dont understand here is difference between blocking address on .htaccess file and blocking proxies with script. I am using first mentioned method and not second method at the moment.
Gifted (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 07:44:47 PM

One thing I dont understand here is difference between blocking address on .htaccess file and blocking proxies with script. I am using first mentioned method and not second method at the moment.
You can do either and does the same thing
misterbit

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 07:48:21 PM

@misterbit my ip is blocked from your site too without using a proxy 108.227.74.93
It seems that it is behind a Proxy
Code:
http://ping.eu/proxy/
KnightTrader

Activity: 288

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 07:48:59 PM

Ok. Thanks. I guess the script method is more powerfull, because you have update .htaccess file frequently, but not script...
Gifted (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 08:01:31 PM

Ok. Thanks. I guess the script method is more powerfull, because you have update .htaccess file frequently, but not script...
so you're still going to block proxy after what we just discussed?
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: