Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 08:09:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do you believe in your shitty religion?  (Read 1383 times)
KeyserSozeMC (OP)

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

I'm dying.

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2015, 12:04:08 AM

All religions, including mine, are shit. Why do you prefer to believe in fairytales and not convince yourself that all we've been taught about gods and demons are just bullshit?

Hey, smexy. Don't waste your time. Time's precious.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1373

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 12:06:56 AM

What? And throw out all that wonderful science-fiction theory?    Grin

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.
Xubu

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 02:11:43 AM

Well, i don't have a religion.
KeyserSozeMC (OP)

I'm dying.

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2015, 02:26:26 AM

Well, i don't have a religion.
Nor I have one, but I had to lie because of people who'd try to crucify me because of saying that their shitty religions are shitty.

BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 02:27:33 AM

My shitty religion is shit. Whatever it is.

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2015, 02:57:58 AM

Why do you believe in your shitty religion?
Because the mind of a child is extremely malleable, but the mind of an adult hardens like concrete.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
Pierre 2
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1358

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 11:34:04 AM

Maybe they needed something to believe for relaxation, peace.
I actually don't think there is usage of religions anymore. They are like mind-yoga.
Loimu

Activity: 210

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 11:55:35 AM

I don't believe, since I don't have an religion. I was born and baptized to christianity but parted church as soon as I turned 18 and had my own will on the subject. I believe in evolution and understand that humans are no different than animals essentially. My parents were never believers either though, they are nominal christians and belong to it simply because they were baptized as a children too and never took it to resign.

Religions are the cancer of this world. It is cause of so many wars and sometimes even safe haven for pedophiles. It is so unbelievable to me that still in 2015 most of world's adult population belong to some religion and believe these fairy tales. If I would be the dictator of the world I would ban all religions immediately and stop brainwashing children to those.

Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 12:02:11 PM

Even those fairy tales are more consistent and well-tried than the ever changing "moral values" what liberals and leftists propagating Smiley. BTW if scammers and psychopaths don't like it than it must be a good thing Wink.
SlickMoTwoToe

Activity: 438

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 12:21:30 PM

Even those fairy tales are more consistent and well-tried than the ever changing "moral values" what liberals and leftists propagating Smiley. BTW if scammers and psychopaths don't like it than it must be a good thing Wink.

That's why we need to figure out how to make a secular society that values morals & virtues. Most of the educated/experienced atheists I have communicated with do this, but there isn't a really good or popular example for the neophytes to get into this mode of thinking like there is for religious newbies.

We need a new great philosophy of the modern age that's backed up with examples and science. We can explain how ants that sacrifice themselves in battle benefit not only the colony, but their own DNA in the long run - and there are examples of "morality" in other animals that have no known religions. If this could be explained thoroughly and convincingly then there may be a chance for a secular society that has guiding principals other than simple hedonism and greed.
Snail2
Legendary

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 01:11:21 PM

That's why we need to figure out how to make a secular society that values morals & virtues. Most of the educated/experienced atheists I have communicated with do this, but there isn't a really good or popular example for the neophytes to get into this mode of thinking like there is for religious newbies.

We need a new great philosophy of the modern age that's backed up with examples and science. We can explain how ants that sacrifice themselves in battle benefit not only the colony, but their own DNA in the long run - and there are examples of "morality" in other animals that have no known religions. If this could be explained thoroughly and convincingly then there may be a chance for a secular society that has guiding principals other than simple hedonism and greed.

Perhaps you might want to hand over ten commandments to them for a start Smiley. Of course you will need to adjust the first three.
InvoKing
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1065

✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2015, 01:33:22 PM

From nothing, a big fart created the universe with its thousands/millions...stars, black holes, planets...like earth which contains land + Water... Which contains thousands/millions...of creatures like humans that have thousands/millions...of cells which contains thousands/millions of structures...etc
Why should I believe in religion? Why should I believe in things that I can't see like Angels, satan? Is there something that I can't see and it really exists? Sciences proved/know everything?
Why shouldn't i believe in both religion + sciences? Why shouldn't i believe that sciences complete religion?
I don't ask for answers, i already have.

PSPD:law and order enforcement!
Press Section Police Department!
KeyserSozeMC (OP)

I'm dying.

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2015, 01:34:20 PM

Well, it's all about power. Not about "values". Values wont get you any money, nor will pay your bills Smiley

Snail2
Legendary

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 01:51:34 PM

Well, it's all about power. Not about "values". Values wont get you any money, nor will pay your bills Smiley

Perhaps not much people want to live in a world where the "always the stronger dog will eat" is the only rule. Power without moral obligations and ethics not going to end well.
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 04:24:07 PM

I believe in spiritual reality, love and compassion.
Also, I believe that we are all one family, brothers and sisters, under common parent.
If this is shit for you, I don't know what to think.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 04:29:24 PM

Why do you believe in your shitty religion?
Because the mind of a child is extremely malleable, but the mind of an adult hardens like concrete.

Hardens into things that are often completely wrong. That's why way more adults die than children.

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 04:34:39 PM

Maybe they needed something to believe for relaxation, peace.
I actually don't think there is usage of religions anymore. They are like mind-yoga.

Religion in one form or another exists in ALL people. Why? Because nobody knows any of the future for sure, and everyone recognizes that death is probably going to be his ultimate ending. So, it is fear, often united with hope for a way out.

It is fear of the unknown that drives atheists and agnostics to their respective religions of atheism and agnosticism.

Smiley

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 04:38:22 PM

I don't believe, since I don't have an religion. I was born and baptized to christianity but parted church as soon as I turned 18 and had my own will on the subject. I believe in evolution and understand that humans are no different than animals essentially. My parents were never believers either though, they are nominal christians and belong to it simply because they were baptized as a children too and never took it to resign.

Religions are the cancer of this world. It is cause of so many wars and sometimes even safe haven for pedophiles. It is so unbelievable to me that still in 2015 most of world's adult population belong to some religion and believe these fairy tales. If I would be the dictator of the world I would ban all religions immediately and stop brainwashing children to those.

Because evolution in which you believe is not fact, and because cause and effect in the universe shows that all evolution that might exist has been pre-programmed into the universe, you have a religion based on fiction/theory. The stronger it becomes in you, the more religious you are.

Smiley

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 04:43:06 PM

Perhaps you might want to hand over ten commandments to them for a start Smiley. Of course you will need to adjust the first three.

The moral laws of Exodus and Deuteronomy in the Bible, and the values they maintain, are the best laws you will ever find.

Smiley

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 04:50:34 PM

This is exactly the point. The religion that is trying to convert people into the fiction that there is no religion is exactly that. The religion of non-religion is possibly the deadliest religion of all. It tries to get people to be like the ostrich - head in the sand ignorance.

Smiley

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: