Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:21:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [SOLD] Ultimate Bitcoin Collector's Pack -- RARE HIGH-TICKET ITEMS FOR SALE!  (Read 1772 times)
nubbins (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1009

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 03:31:25 AM
Last edit: December 15, 2015, 02:10:17 AM by nubbins

Up for sale is the ultimate Bitcoin collectibles pack.
SOLD!

2013 Casascius 0.5 BTC Series-2 Silver (PGP chain of custody available, 1 nub length)
2013 Casascius 0.5 BTC Series-3 Silver (PGP chain of custody available, 2 nub length)
2013 Casascius 1.0 BTC Series-3 Silver (PGP chain of custody available, 1 or 2 nub length)
2013 Casascius 1.0 BTC Series-3 Silver+Gold (PGP chain of custody available, 2 nub length)
Satoshi's Genesis Block newspaper (The Times, January 3 2009, comes with COA)

Coins
All coins are in the usual immaculate shape (many of my coins have been graded at MS67, even poor graders like brass halves).
These are high-quality, ungraded coins. Firstbits may differ from those shown below as stock rotates.
PGP custody chains that offer irrefutable proof of pedigree are available for purchase.

Newspaper
The first-ever Bitcoin transaction had the text "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks" embedded in the CoinBase.
This was a reference to a headline in that day's paper, The Times. Copies of this paper are simply not available to be purchased anymore.
Maybe a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

Asking 35 BTC firm.

No longer buying/selling Casascius coins. Beware scammers.
My OTC Web of Trust ratings / What's a PGP chain of custody?
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nubbins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 03:10:11 PM

Update: I have received several offers for the newspaper via PM, and one lowball offer for the entire lot. Waiting until the end of the day before considering.

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 04:24:58 PM

What kind of offers do you think you would accept for the newspaper?
nubbins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 05:21:41 PM

What kind of offers do you think you would accept for the newspaper?

I'd prefer to sell as a complete lot, so I'd rather not put individual prices on the items. Shrewd buyers can hazard a rough guess at the value I've placed on each item.

Assembling lots like this one takes a very significant amount of effort!

nubbins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 02:09:59 AM

Sold via PM. Thanks for your interest!

miffman
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1005

PGP ID: 78B7B84D

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 02:53:20 AM

Wow!!

May the buyer please reveal himself?  Lips sealed you picked up a great set of coins!

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender 

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
nubbins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 02:55:59 AM

Actually shocked at how quickly it went.

What do I sell now?  Huh

miffman
Legendary

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 03:01:20 AM

What do I sell now?  Huh

Buy my stuff and sell it  Tongue

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender 

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
TheNewAnon135246
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1989

฿uy ฿itcoin

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 06:57:56 AM

What do I sell now?  Huh

1 of your kidneys?
miffman
Legendary

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 11:24:24 AM

I was just thinking, and I don't wanna cause any fights or anything; but is there any way you could prove that you actually sold your collection to some other person? I can't think of anyways to actually go about doing this, but I am really interested. Something doesn't seem right to me.

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender 

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
TheNewAnon135246
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1989

฿uy ฿itcoin

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 11:50:32 AM

I was just thinking, and I don't wanna cause any fights or anything; but is there any way you could prove that you actually sold your collection to some other person? I can't think of anyways to actually go about doing this, but I am really interested. Something doesn't seem right to me.

Technically he could show the tx id and a signed message from the receiving address but I don't see a reason why someone would make this up.....
miffman
Legendary

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 12:03:26 PM

Technically he could show the tx id and a signed message from the receiving address but I don't see a reason why someone would make this up.....

Well that could be faked too.

So I'm please don't take any of this as accusation, but I'm just thinking that this sold very quickly and someone paid to extend the PGP chain for 1BTC on a coin recently, and we don't know who either is. 35BTC for this set makes it clear that there is a demand for PGP 'chained' coins. Nubbins could be artificially creating a demand for them easily and be the supply since he probably has PGP docs on many of his coins.

Again, please don't think of this as any accusation, it just got me thinking since all of it happened very quickly in the crypto world.

Edit: Never mind. Did some more reading.

Edit 2: Aaand on third thought...I'm actually unsure again. Whatever, we'll see how things go.

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender 

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
nubbins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 12:52:43 PM
Last edit: December 15, 2015, 02:15:20 PM by nubbins

Unfortunately, it is very difficult / impossible for me to prove a negative (i.e. that I no longer own the items in question).

My 16 BTC sale of a silver half was escrowed by Blazed, who publicly verified the trade in Chainsaw's thread. I could tell you that the coins are still in escrow while the buyer verifies the PGP docs, but we could both be lying. The buyer could come forward but all three of us could be lying.

I did not sell this set for 35 BTC (when does firm mean firm?) but I did sell it for more than 30. Quickseller offered 24.5 which I declined. However, I could be lying about both of these things too. Quickseller could perhaps verify that he offered me 24.5, but he could also be lying about that. I could show the transaction where the buyer paid for the items but I could be lying about that.

Three of the coins in this set were purchased from smoothie, so you could also ask him whether he sold me any coins recently. I did pay him 0.5 btc for PGP docs for each of three coins (1.5 btc total) in this set, so technically smoothie was the first recipient of cash-for-PGP-docs. But smoothie could be lying about selling me the coins and docs.

REALLY, the only way to know with certainty that I sold the items:

1) If the buyers share photographs of their items (why would they?)... but this could be faked.
2) If the items appear for resale by the buyers later (how can you tell they're the same items?)... but this could be fake.
3) If PGP docs indicating I sold the items are made public, I would be unable to "resell" the same items, even if I had kept them... but you'll probably never see the PGP docs.

Realistically, neither of these three options is available to the layperson, so you're either gonna have to take my word for it or not.

And, finally, I hereby declare that I am flush out of Series-2 0.5 Silvers, so if you see me selling one down the road, I guarantee that I'm not the original owner. Smiley

Hope that clarifies things Cool

miffman
Legendary

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 01:40:22 PM

Thank you, I appreciate the clarification. And congrats for selling out all of your coins  Smiley

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender 

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 05:14:33 PM

Quickseller offered 24.5 which I declined. However, I could be lying about both of these things too. Quickseller could perhaps verify that he offered me 24.5, but he could also be lying about that.
I actually offered 24, however that was most likely not my best offer, and is besides the point. Other then that I confirm the above.

Nubbins is right though that at the end of the day you need to trust what a seller says when he sold something at a certain price (another possibility is that Nubbins could be both the buyer and the seller, so you could have a txid, escrow, shipping, pics, ect. -- however I would doubt this be the case in this case).

You should only make an offer for rare, collectable items as were being sold in this thread for an amount that they are worth to you, as what I believe that all parties did in this case
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: