Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 06:48:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The NXT Foundation / Tennessee Marketing Project Is a Joke  (Read 6693 times)
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3962
Merit: 1418

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 10:54:13 AM

I think we got the BTER hack mixed up with another hack.  The other hack victim was maybe not a dev but was one of the NXT committee leaders where his Mac was hacked and millions of coins were stolen.  I think they also negotiated with the hacker and some of it was returned and they never came after the hacker which we found really odd when we heard about it.

Another case where the NXT community sweeping it under the rug and then pretending everythng is ok.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
bf4btc

Activity: 568
Merit: 500

Smoke weed everyday!

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 11:40:52 AM

NXT is a scam, and its dead. Cant we just leave it alone now and stop bumping the 10's of nxt threads all day long.

████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████▄▄▄█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
████████▀▀▀██████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████▀▀▀▀████████

tokeweed
Legendary

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 03:15:30 AM
Last edit: December 21, 2015, 03:54:50 AM by tokeweed

NXT is a scam, and its dead. Cant we just leave it alone now and stop bumping the 10's of nxt threads all day long.

I wouldn't go that far.  But if you're right, then NXT would be one long con.  Which is unlikely.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
DecentralizeEconomics (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042

White Male Libertarian Bro

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 05:09:16 AM

NXT isn't a scam and it's not dead.  It's just been hijacked by a bunch of centralizing profiteering morons called the NXT Foundation / Tennessee marketing project.  How stupid do you have to be to support these imbeciles who claim they are "marketing" for NXT, but are really telling new, potential users to go use Bitcoin?  Wow, I can't believe the price is dropping.  What could be wrong?  Who could've guessed that would have a negative consequence on the price?  Roll Eyes

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
barabbas
Legendary

Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 05:15:46 AM

Typical reaction of someone unable to confront the truth about having been taken for a ride and finding instead excuses to justify the "faith" still hoping to recoup some... quite pathetic, actually. The price has been going down and only down for many, many months as a result of the multimillion systematic dumping by the perpetrators. It will continue to the very and ever nearer end. That's the whole shebang. Paint it any color you want.

NXT isn't a scam and it's not dead.  It's just been hijacked by a bunch of centralizing profiteering morons called the NXT Foundation / Tennessee marketing project.  How stupid do you have to be to support these imbeciles who claim they are "marketing" for NXT, but are really telling new, potential users to go use Bitcoin?  Wow, I can't believe the price is dropping.  What could be wrong?  Who could've guessed that would have a negative consequence on the price?  Roll Eyes
Legendary

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 05:19:57 AM
Last edit: December 21, 2015, 05:44:25 AM by DecentralizeEconomics

I think we got the BTER hack mixed up with another hack.  The other hack victim was maybe not a dev but was one of the NXT committee leaders where his Mac was hacked and millions of coins were stolen.  I think they also negotiated with the hacker and some of it was returned and they never came after the hacker which we found really odd when we heard about it.

Another case where the NXT community sweeping it under the rug and then pretending everythng is ok.

Yeah, I know who you're talking about now.  There was a guy named "Klee" who held over three million NXT in community funds.  Supposedly, if you believe him, he was dumb enough to upload his NXT passphrase unencrypted to Dropbox.  Srsly.  According to him, he was "hacked" and they stole the three million in community funds and some of his own NXT.  (You know they gotta steal some of yours too to make it look legit, right.)  He ended up paying back some of the "lost" NXT from his own holdings.  But, yes, a bunch of morons over on the NXT Forum actually bought this story and anybody accusing him of wrong-doing was silenced.  I remember there was an anonymous person who started a thread with personal details on how Klee was really the perpetrator of this "theft" along with some other woman.  The NXT Forum moderators deleted this post within hours of its posting because it had "personal information".

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
tokeweed
Legendary

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 08:10:33 AM

Yeah, I know who you're talking about now.  There was a guy named "Klee" who held over three million NXT in community funds.  Supposedly, if you believe him, he was dumb enough to upload his NXT passphrase unencrypted to Dropbox.  Srsly.  According to him, he was "hacked" and they stole the three million in community funds and some of his own NXT.  (You know they gotta steal some of yours too to make it look legit, right.)  He ended up paying back some of the "lost" NXT from his own holdings.  But, yes, a bunch of morons over on the NXT Forum actually bought this story and anybody accusing him of wrong-doing was silenced.  I remember there was an anonymous person who started a thread with personal details on how Klee was really the perpetrator of this "theft" along with some other woman.  The NXT Forum moderators deleted this post within hours of its posting because it had "personal information".

Interesting...

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
ShroomsKit_Disgrace
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 04:07:46 PM

Man, I hate to say this but after reading carefully the last posts here I am starting to think that DE, aka 2kool4skewl, has a point on this fucking story.
Thenoticer

Activity: 332
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 04:24:12 PM

Remember to breath guys, don't pass out on us, we still need more entertainment over the holidays.

NXT is DEAD!

bf4btc

Activity: 568

Smoke weed everyday!

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 04:30:02 PM

Remember to breath guys, don't pass out on us, we still need more entertainment over the holidays.

NXT is DEAD!

That made me laugh hard. Nice meme.
Happy holidays dude.

████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████▄▄▄█████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
████████▀▀▀██████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████▀▀▀▀████████

CryptoSporidium

Activity: 405
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 03:53:44 AM

Nxt has a large number of people volunteering for tasks for little reward. I have been reviewing the history of nxt from Sept 2013 and what i see is a grassroots community motivated by something other than mere $$. I don't see that in many other coins. original stakeholders like klee gave away lots of coins to kick things off, and so many people were enthusiastic, the mega thread is a testament to that.

Things needed to change from that time to streamline things, but i still see the original spirit and idealism today. That's why so many haters still, bitter people hate idealistic grassroots movements, it makes them feel crap, so they spend hours spreading fud rather than doing positive things like making contributions. Critics, not doers! We all know who they are.
Legendary

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 04:15:32 AM

Nxt has a large number of people volunteering for tasks for little reward. I have been reviewing the history of nxt from Sept 2013 and what i see is a grassroots community motivated by something other than mere $$. I don't see that in many other coins. original stakeholders like klee gave away lots of coins to kick things off, and so many people were enthusiastic, the mega thread is a testament to that.

Things needed to change from that time to streamline things, but i still see the original spirit and idealism today. That's why so many haters still, bitter people hate idealistic grassroots movements, it makes them feel crap, so they spend hours spreading fud rather than doing positive things like making contributions. Critics, not doers! We all know who they are.

do not invest in anything (except Bitcoin) for a while....do lots of research first.

Bitcoin is still the gateway into crypto,  and a fairly reliable short term investment. I'm giving unbiased advice there

Agreed.  The NXT Foundation / Tennessee "marketers" are traitors to the original movement and need to go.  I don't know how much more of this "marketing" my wallet can handle.

kennyP

Activity: 544

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 06:09:23 AM

do not invest in anything (except Bitcoin) for a while....do lots of research first.

Bitcoin is still the gateway into crypto,  and a fairly reliable short term investment. I'm giving unbiased advice there

Agreed.  The NXT Foundation / Tennessee "marketers" are traitors to the original movement and need to go.  I don't know how much more of this "marketing" my wallet can handle.

Forum posts on BTT are NOT marketing!

EvilDave's response to the crypto newbie was spot on - 'buy bitcoin, read/learn as much as you can, then buy alts with potential'

EvilDave has developed a good reputation as an honest straight shooter who isn't a troll, and doesn't push an agenda with every post he makes.

EvilDave's good reputation, together with Damelon's, allowed them to raise 10M NXT from voluntary donations in a unique display of decentralised co-operative effort in the crypto space.

ALL non-trolls are impressed!!
Legendary

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 06:25:51 AM

Bitcoin is still the gateway into crypto,  and a fairly reliable short term investment. I'm giving unbiased advice there

Agreed.  The NXT Foundation / Tennessee "marketers" are traitors to the original movement and need to go.  I don't know how much more of this "marketing" my wallet can handle.

Forum posts on BTT are NOT marketing!

EvilDave's response to the crypto newbie was spot on - 'buy bitcoin, read/learn as much as you can, then buy alts with potential'

Get out of here you Bitcoin maximalist.  Again, this thread is for NXT supporters ONLY!

EvilDave has developed a good reputation as an honest straight shooter who isn't a troll, and doesn't push an agenda with every post he makes.

EvilDave's good reputation, together with Damelon's, allowed them to raise 10M NXT from voluntary donations in a unique display of decentralised co-operative effort in the crypto space.

ALL non-trolls are impressed!!

He's pushing an agenda alright.  It's just not the agenda he's suppose to be pushing.

l8orre
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1018

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 07:56:22 AM

imbecilic Stalinist who thinks he's a libertarian! Keep it up, Joe, I'm sure it will help you attract lots of friends in your future undertakings  Grin
kennyP

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 09:38:52 AM

imbecilic Stalinist who thinks he's a libertarian! Keep it up, Joe, I'm sure it will help you attract lots of friends in your future undertakings  Grin

honest truth is many people in crypto are 'weird' by conventional standards - intelligent, but lots of free time spent alone on their PC, why? because they don't have much of a life outside their own head. Then there's the mentally ill people, like bluemeanie, and *probably* 2kool4skewl (aka DecentralizeEconomics) it's clear to me DE has a diagnosis of some sort, so how to 'deal' with him (and others like him) is not a simple matter. His personality in dec 2015 is very different to how he was on rippleforum & NXT community in 2013, so I suspect he's developed an illness.

mental illness is not something to 'play' with, so I suggest leaving DE alone, and not engaging with him at all.

Hachoir

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 09:48:16 AM

honest truth is many people in crypto are 'weird' by conventional standards - intelligent, but lots of free time spent alone on their PC, why? because they don't have much of a life outside their own head. Then there's the mentally ill people, like bluemeanie, and *probably* 2kool4skewl (aka DecentralizeEconomics) it's clear to me DE has a diagnosis of some sort, so how to 'deal' with him (and others like him) is not a simple matter. His personality in dec 2015 is very different to how he was on rippleforum & NXT community in 2013, so I suspect he's developed an illness.

mental illness is not something to 'play' with, so I suggest leaving DE alone, and not engaging with him at all.

So it's the same for you then. How foolish that is

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
LINKBUILD asset • Join crowdfunding Linkbuilding.io • Dividend+commission+signature-rewards
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
kennyP

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 11:01:36 AM

So it's the same for you then. How foolish that is

I do not engage with DE by calling him names, or attempting to debate him. That's what I meant by leaving him alone. Falsehoods need to be corrected though, but you can do that without patronizing him, or insulting him, or being drawn into his games.
Legendary

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 06:07:52 PM

Mmm.... Geez.... Wow, I gotta tell you... Whew... that sounds serious.  I appreciate your professional diagnosis, but don't you have more important things to worry about... like how you're going to keep people from realizing that you're brainless after the elastic in that sock cap wears out?

Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 09:29:34 AM

I'm sick and tired of people making it out that I'm the bad guy and I'm going to say something about it.  I've always liked NXT and I'll always like NXT.  Now, I don't have to like or agree with a centralized group of individuals to make good on that belief.  Some of you will claim that one statement doesn't justify such a display, but when it unveils that the true beliefs of someone are opposite of the required beliefs for a position that they voluntarily took, salary or not, I say that it does.  I've said it before and I'll say it again; NXT is either the NeXT Bitcoin or it is nothing at all.  BCNext didn't create NXT to be just another altcoin.  If that is its fate, then let it die.  Half-measures lead to nowhere.  You either believe in NXT or you don't.  I'm not going to sit around here and make-believe that selling out the ideology of NXT is okay with me, because it's not.  I felt that way back in 2013 and I feel that way today.  If that requires me calling out everybody involved in NXT and being marked as the bad guy, then so be it.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: