Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2017, 05:53:44 PM *
News: If the forum does not load normally for you, please send me a traceroute.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Too late to start a mining rig?  (Read 1318 times)
Chick

Activity: 70

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 03:48:12 AM

I just purchased some parts from NewEgg and TigerDirect. Is it too late to start mining? :C

NewEgg will take 2 days to get here, while 3 days with TigerDirect.

Also, should I start with a lot of hardware? Or start small and buy more as you earn more Bitcoins.

Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LegitBit

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 03:49:05 AM

Not if you have already bought the parts. Choose a pool and get cracking.

Donate : 1EiAKUmTVtqXsaGLKQQVvLT9DDnHsT7jTZ (Block Explorer)
Killarshark33

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 03:55:43 AM

I just purchased some parts from NewEgg and TigerDirect. Is it too late to start mining? :C

Also, should I start with a lot of hardware? Or start small and buy more as you earn more Bitcoins.
I asked that question as well but I do not have enough to start tomorrow Sad I would say go for it if you can start before the next difficulty increase, because I bet that one will be 70-90% increase...
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1316

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2011, 04:03:16 AM

I asked that question as well but I do not have enough to start tomorrow Sad I would say go for it if you can start before the next difficulty increase, because I bet that one will be 70-90% increase...

The difficulty can not increase 70-90%.  If there was a supply of video cards it would make economic sense to buy them but they are sold out in most places.  A 70% increase would need to be 70% of the 5 terrahashes already out there.  I think difficulty will go up at a max of 30%. 

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.