Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 03:42:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: So...bitcoin is now a national currency ("nation" of 4 people)  (Read 7056 times)
ajun96

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 07:20:17 AM

I think it will not, many countries will not replace their currency, the government will not do that,
but maybe bitcoin will be legal currency in many countries, but not into the currency of a country
blackmachinegun

Activity: 532

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 10:54:05 AM

I think it is impossible, unless there is a new country that doesnt have a currency, perhaps they will use bitcoin or a country that has a currency, but the currency was not have value against other currencies
dhimasnk

Activity: 546

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 11:05:38 AM

This is extraordinarily good news. With this bitcoin will be more popular, and more and more people are joining

BUY LOW/SELL HIGH
24/7 TRADING BOT  GUNBOT  THE AUTOMATIC PROFIT GENERATOR FOR POLONIEX
LIMITED EDITION NOW AVAILABLE FOR KRAKEN AND BITTREX  My bitcoin address: 37xyZGoqmkeTTatsWcnFJS4iL4xdE4Cuia + wex.nz codes at Peermarketer@gmail.com
yoona

Activity: 493
Merit: 250

Live by your own rules

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 02:50:38 PM

So this small island off of Portugal, Principality of the Pontinha, has been a sovereign nation by royal decree since the 1400s. It has been handed down and changed hands a few times. The current leader has decreed that bitcoin is the nation's official currency.

This could literally kick off a lot of things. Bitcoin would officially become a foreign currency for all nations.

Equador, which is the only country to actually pass a law banning Bitcoin (which the law only banned Bitcoin from running on its banking network) had a stipulation that it would be recognized if it became a national currency. So by passing such a law...they may have potentially forced themselves to recognize bitcoin as an official currency.

I wonder how US will deal with considering Bitcoin a commodity when it is officially a foreign currency as well.

http://www.newsbtc.com/2015/12/13/bitcoin-atlantis-currency/
yes i also think that this is really good news,bitcoin start it expansion,start accepted on whole some countries,and now become national currency,i dont fully trust this,because i think this article not give enough proof,but anyway i hope bitcoin more greater this year.
martinacar

Activity: 462

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 03:02:04 PM

That's very interesting and good to hear.
What I am wondering is why no large news sites wrote about this. It is clear to me the media are against bitcoin.
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 03:13:10 PM
Last edit: January 13, 2016, 05:47:33 PM by pedrog

That's very interesting and good to hear.
What I am wondering is why no large news sites wrote about this. It is clear to me the media are against bitcoin.

No one wrote about it because it's bullshit!

Just read from the second page...

martinacar

Activity: 462

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 03:34:27 PM

It is very important. With the current drops (while the btc price remained the same), it will be hard to get roi before the halving. Even worse after the halving you will certainly get it back.
Which makes me worried.
dk8218

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 04:09:32 PM

it is good to hear that someone of thousands has started accepting btc is national official currency..
weather it is fake news or real..
now i hope more country will start accepting btc as official currency..
and i don't think so that it is a big problem of dealing with anyone,
BTCBinary

Activity: 504

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 06:05:13 PM

So this small island off of Portugal, Principality of the Pontinha, has been a sovereign nation by royal decree since the 1400s. It has been handed down and changed hands a few times. The current leader has decreed that bitcoin is the nation's official currency.

This could literally kick off a lot of things. Bitcoin would officially become a foreign currency for all nations.

Equador, which is the only country to actually pass a law banning Bitcoin (which the law only banned Bitcoin from running on its banking network) had a stipulation that it would be recognized if it became a national currency. So by passing such a law...they may have potentially forced themselves to recognize bitcoin as an official currency.

I wonder how US will deal with considering Bitcoin a commodity when it is officially a foreign currency as well.

It actualy not a national currency since Portugal didn't reconized the site as a independent island. And to tell you the truth, Portugal will never grant independence to the island.
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 10:18:09 AM

yes i also think that this is really good news,bitcoin start it expansion,start accepted on whole some countries,and now become national currency,i dont fully trust this,because i think this article not give enough proof,but anyway i hope bitcoin more greater this year.

Yes, even though OP does not provide any proof, I'm also so excited on hearing such a news. Bitcoin price is now a days staying stable as other currency, so I think it'll be a foreighn currency like USD/EURO.
Its a electronic currency and so we can expect more adaptability and big advantageous for purchase or use as currency.
knowhow

Activity: 560

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 02:26:48 PM

Soo the new owner of those island will rule and accept bitcoin and declare it a currency,when will we see what will happen ,but there is something to spend some comerce or just one house to holidays?
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2016, 04:37:22 PM

Century of Enslavement: The History of The Federal Reserve --> https://www.corbettreport.com/federalreserve/

The similarities between this and today's cryptoFIAT movement are disturbing.

Mr. Forum

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 06:33:32 PM

I can see that the bitcoin is spreading and to me it wont come as a surprise to see that the bitcoin is being used all over as an official currency. It is the dream I have always had and am so hoping that it will come to pass soon than later.
Imoote

Activity: 714

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 04:46:21 AM

I can see that the bitcoin is spreading and to me it wont come as a surprise to see that the bitcoin is being used all over as an official currency. It is the dream I have always had and am so hoping that it will come to pass soon than later.
Yes probably if no country is willing to make bitcoin as a currency of the country that may occur.
But must be made in the currency bitcoin to meet the requirement that a currency must have the form as a medium of exchange
expert4knowledge

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 09:54:07 PM

Yes probably if no country is willing to make bitcoin as a currency of the country that may occur.
But must be made in the currency bitcoin to meet the requirement that a currency must have the form as a medium of exchange
Bitcoin can be a national currency for countries that are about to be bankrupted and their national currency having downfall.

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                ▄███
              ▄███▌ █
             ▀▀▀██▄  █
           ▄███▄▄ ▀▀▀█
          █ █████▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄██ ███▄    █
        ▐███▀   ▀█   █
        ████     █   █
       ▄██▀▄█▄▄▄█▀   █
       ▀▄▄███▌      █
   ▄▄▄▀▀▀████       █
 ▄▀    ██ ██       █
▐▌     ██▌▐▌      ▀▄
█      ██ █         ▀▄
█      █▀▄▌          █
█   ▄▀█▄██           █
█ ▄▀      ▀▀▄▄▀▄     █
▀▀             █    █
               █  ▄▀
               ▀▄█
     ▀█████████████▄▄
  ▀ ▀▀▀███████████████▌
   ▀ ▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ▄███████▄      ▄▄███████▄    ▄███▄    ▄███▄ ▄███▄      ▄███▄
▀ ▀▀▀▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▌       ▄████▀▀▀████▄   ▐████▀▀█████   ▀████▄  ▄████▀ █████▄    ▄█████
    ▀▀███████████████▀       █████     ████▌          ████▌    ▀████████▀    █████▄  ▄█████▌
   ▀ ▀████████████████▀ ▀    ██████████████▌   ▄▄██████████     ▄██████▄      █████▄▄█████▌
     ██████      ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀ █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    █████▀▀▀█████    ▄████████▄      ██████████▌
     ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▄ ▄    ████▄▄   ▄▄█▄   ████▄  ▄█████  ▄█████▀▀█████▄     ████████▌
     █████████████████▀        ▀███████████   ▀████████████  ████▀    ▀████      ██████▌
     ██████████████▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀    ▀▀        ▀▀        █████
                                                                                ▄█████
                                                                            ▄███████▀
                                                                            ▀████▀▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|█████████████████
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
  WHITEPAPER 
  LIGHTPAPER...
|Instant Deposit
✓ 24/7 Support
Referral Program
Dux2K
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

Blocklancer - Freelance on the Blockchain

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 10:02:51 PM

Bitcoin can be a national currency for countries that are about to be bankrupted and their national currency having downfall.

Not need to be case but one off possible scenarios and might happend to any country

Coinroll - Bitcoin Gambling

[fX665GSjkGyrckCzk]
Preclus

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 10:26:49 PM

Nobody lives there, it is not a county, it is a rock a guy bought for 25,000 euros (likely much less, that was the offer price). The guy who bought it declared it a country himself and declared himself a prince. Nobody else recognizes it as a country and nobody cares because there is nothing there but a rock. The story:

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2014/nov/14/experience-i-founded-my-own-country

Preclus

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 10:34:12 PM

No, bitcoin can't be a national currency for countries that are about to have their currency wiped out. Zimbabwe switched to the US dollar when its currency failed and was able to borrow US dollars to do it. They are now trying to switch back their own currency because they want control over their own currency.

If Zimbabwe's own currency fails, are you going to lend billions worth of Zimbabwe bitcoins to use as a currency? How exactly would the people of Zimbabwe, who had no money for computers, use bitcoins at all? Where are they going to get the bitcoins to use as currency in the first place? And do you think they would be OK with using a system where an anonymous hacker could steal all the government's money overnight or some hard fork done by China made it all worthless? And that's just the start, the list of reasons it would never be done is almost endless.
c0ffer

Activity: 672

Gems:Crypto

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2016, 10:34:53 PM

Bitcoin (capital 'B') can not be an effective national currency nor should it become one.

CryptoCurrency for Gemstones ... Website | Main Thread  -  c0c0 Trading on YoBit
gilangIDR
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 10:38:28 PM

if bitcoin into the national currency means the currency that existed previously will be little used. and the effect of the currency will be eroded its value.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: