Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 01:08:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: fetch bitcointalk data  (Read 464 times)
lahm-44 (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 01:19:45 PM

do i can fetch bitcointalk data like post count and activity like bit-x campaingn. i know they dont have api feature but i see some site/campaingns are fetching it
mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4923

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2015, 01:21:40 PM

you can write a parser/scraper to just load the user's profile page, and parse their recent posts up untill the very first post..

A lot of work, but still doable Wink

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6135

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 01:25:02 PM

I'm not sure how they do it without an API but this should be more then enough to explain it to you : https://github.com/achow101/BitcointalkAccountPricer

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4923

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2015, 01:27:48 PM

I'm not sure how they do it without an API but this should be more then enough to explain it to you : https://github.com/achow101/BitcointalkAccountPricer

I think they do this by parsing the profile page, and then parsing all post history (like i said in my first post)

I didn't browse the full sourcecode, but i immediately noticed following string on their github page:
Code:
Document profileSummary = Jsoup.connect("https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=" + userId + ";sa=summary").get();

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
lahm-44 (OP)

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 01:42:19 PM

thanks for the link i saw the codey they haveused html,css,php,xml and java too and honestly it has confused me even more i have read about scraping on google but never saw anything about it . hope i fan figure this this out and more hope is welcome
minifrij
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2015, 01:59:05 PM

thanks for the link i saw the codey they haveused html,css,php,xml and java too and honestly it has confused me even more i have read about scraping on google but never saw anything about it . hope i fan figure this this out and more hope is welcome
If you want to scrape a webpage, I suggest using PHP or another server side language. If you want to use PHP, I suggest that you use this framework; I have used it in the past and as long as you have a basic idea of PHP data types it's very useful and easy to use.

Also, it should be mentioned that if you want to scrape the forum you should only do it once per second or your server/bot will be IP banned.
lahm-44 (OP)

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 02:12:33 PM

If you want to scrape a webpage, I suggest using PHP or another server side language. If you want to use PHP, I suggest that you use this framework; I have used it in the past and as long as you have a basic idea of PHP data types it's very useful and easy to use.

Also, it should be mentioned that if you want to scrape the forum you should only do it once per second or your server/bot will be IP banned.
thinks for the link finally i got a point from where i can start researching about it and i hope html dom are not only the single thing which is not taught to me on the free learning sites anyway thanks for the help.i am keeping this thread open so if anyone like to give any other helpful reference then u are welcome i will study it
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: