Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:52:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitInstant SCAMMERS  (Read 2345 times)
knotwork (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2012, 02:02:10 PM

I paid cash at cvs a week ago and still have not gotten gox code.

THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE

YOU SCAMMED ME

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
destruct

Activity: 1232
Merit: 250

Alexander KOSTIN | GoldMint

View Profile
December 03, 2012, 03:30:53 PM

Have you tried contacting them?

RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
December 03, 2012, 03:39:16 PM

Something is wrong, that is too long. But it does not mean bitinstant is a scam. It is used successfully all the time. What did bitinstant say?

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4653

View Profile
December 03, 2012, 03:51:52 PM

THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE

YOU SCAMMED ME
While not impossible, your assertions are rather unlikely.  There are a few possibilities:

• Honest mistake on their part that you have failed to report to them directly.  They are unaware of the issue and would address it quickly if you contacted them instead of posting random accusations on a public discussion forum.
  • Honest mistake on your part that you have not noticed.  Perhaps you accidentally provided the wrong information?  If you contacted them instead of posting random accusations on a public discussion forum, they might be able to help you figure out and correct your error.
  • Intentional slander on your part. You have some hatred toward BitInstant for some unknown reason and thought that a good way to punish them would be a random accusation on a public discussion forum.
  • Intentional scamming on their part. They decided that of all the people they do business with on a daily basis, you would be the perfect target to steal money from, while maintaining a legitimate business relationship with everyone else.
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
December 03, 2012, 07:54:23 PM

Now that you have one post on this forum, you have the ability to send a PM.  Try that and please report back in a day.
 - http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=21181

THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE

There are many reasons a purchase may see difficulties in getting completed.   There are daily limits that are in place.  Sometimes people try to send an amount over the limit or multiple transactions to try to get past the limit.   These payments go through MoneyGram.  MoneyGram may not always complete the transaction.  

But the biggest question I have is ...

Since when does BitInstant give out Mt. Gox codes?

If you transfer to Mt. Gox, you needed to enter your Mt. Gox account number.

Is there the possibility that the instructions were misunderstood and there are now issues in completing this transaction?

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

JohnGalt

Activity: 249
Merit: 114

Who is John Galt?

View Profile
December 04, 2012, 04:49:22 AM

Instead of starting this thread, you could have posted in the very first thread in the Newbies forum: "Official Newbie BitInstant Support Thread (Active Customer Support)"

Trade physical bitcoins: Economy > Marketplace > Goods > Collectibles
My signing address: 19mzFU4zFrZHkAkHSUta6LapJ6fTFJyhiH
mancBTC

Activity: 21

View Profile
December 04, 2012, 03:16:33 PM

Johngalt - dont bring your level-headedness around here. This is a place for baseless accusations and tantrums that make us newbies look like idiots. Oh, wait a minute, maybe it isn't.
wdBTCtrader

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 04, 2012, 03:30:40 PM

You should definately contact them.  I've had some transactions not go through (but I think thy fixed the problem that cuased it) and they were quick to respond and help.  Make sure you have your receipt. 
wdBTCtrader

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 04, 2012, 03:34:00 PM

and btw  they have a support thread in this forum.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=128314.0
rastaj

Activity: 23

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 04:26:12 PM

I'm just posting to say that I dealt with this company the other day for a small transaction to test the waters. It went horribly. On top of that, I encountered the worst customer service rep on a live chat. The arrogance and indifference with which this monkey typed was astounding. I can't believe Voorhees and Charlie would allow a lowlife like this to work for them, and deal with their customers. I have been doing  somewhat substantial volume with BTC as of late, and wanted a new outlet to use that was less cumbersome that Mt.Gox, etc.

All I can say is WOW! I hope people aren't doing 5 figure plus transactions with these folks. If a company comes up in a scam search on Google, it's prob not the best idea to do any business with them. I wish I would have searched before I conducted any business w/ them.

The only thing that would really cure my negative sentiment about this company right now would be five minutes alone with that cust. service rep.

Be safe everyone, and be careful who you deal with.
sleepyeyes2k2

Activity: 8

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 04:35:09 PM

One thing I hear a lot of is people freaking out about security and using false information for their BitInstant transfers.  They don't realize that that puts them in an awkward position if they have problems later (especially if they just made up the info on the spot and didn't write it down).  There is absolutely NO reason to use a fake name or email address on the BitInstant form!  None!  I know what you're thinking, but even that's not a good reason!

rastaj, it really sucks that your first experience was bad.  I've had several really good transactions in a row before my first one that went south this past Tuesday.  I'm disappointed about that transaction, but I don't think anyone's trying to scam you. 
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2013, 04:49:18 PM

I'm just posting to say that I dealt with this company the other day for a small transaction to test the waters. It went horribly. On top of that, I encountered the worst customer service rep on a live chat. The arrogance and indifference with which this monkey typed was astounding. I can't believe Voorhees and Charlie would allow a lowlife like this to work for them, and deal with their customers. I have been doing  somewhat substantial volume with BTC as of late, and wanted a new outlet to use that was less cumbersome that Mt.Gox, etc.

All I can say is WOW! I hope people aren't doing 5 figure plus transactions with these folks. If a company comes up in a scam search on Google, it's prob not the best idea to do any business with them. I wish I would have searched before I conducted any business w/ them.

The only thing that would really cure my negative sentiment about this company right now would be five minutes alone with that cust. service rep.

No one is trying to scam you, and please stop posting all over the forums that we are.

I still have not gotten an Order ID from you, so this is considered trolling

Charlie

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4653

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 04:57:15 PM

- SNIP -
If a company comes up in a scam search on Google, it's prob not the best idea to do any business with them.
 - SNIP -
That certainly isn't true.  There are many companies that suffer scam accusations simply because some trolls either have a personal vendetta or gain amusement from stirring up trouble.
rastaj

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 05:08:51 PM

No one is trying to scam you, and please stop posting all over the forums that we are.

Charlie

I didn't say anyone was scamming me. I said you came up in a scam search, and there are several threads about it. I am not posting all over the forums. I have posted twice. And I am obviously not the only one who is annoyed with you all. Maybe you need to realign some aspects of your business plan!
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2013, 05:10:39 PM

Charlie

I didn't say anyone was scamming me. I said you came up in a scam search, and there are several threads about it. I am not posting all over the forums. I have posted twice. And I am obviously not the only one who is annoyed with you all. Maybe you need to realign some aspects of your business plan!

When I search 'Bitinstant scam' in google, I see this thread first. So thanks for rebumping a thread from December.

Wow, and we did not even scam you, yet your screwing us over for no reason

Thanks

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

rastaj

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 05:15:46 PM

The experience was horrible, and that is me sugar-coating and doubling up the hot fudge, whipped cream and cherries.

Maybe you should examine some things instead of biting the hands that feed you, and retaliating in these threads.
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2013, 05:20:30 PM

The experience was horrible, and that is me sugar-coating and doubling up the hot fudge, whipped cream and cherries.

Maybe you should examine some things instead of biting the hands that feed you, and retaliating in these threads.

Hey,

Most people would not call "responding and resolving" as "retaliating"

We have many things to code, process, and fix, but I still come here to make sure everything is good.

You still did not give me your Order information, so I dont know what issue you are referring to.

Let me know so I can help

Charlie

rastaj

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 05:26:55 PM

Ok, great. I am glad there is a rep that is willing to help with transactions. I wish my first experience was as inviting. Been looking for a good outlet for my transactions....
elusivetech

Activity: 3

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 08:36:42 AM

BIT INSTANT worked beautifully for a long time, but I don't know what happened to them, I am starting to think they scammed me.

I deposited coins Monday April 1st via Moneygram from CVS. It has been 7 days and my money is not there. I have a successful confirmation from ZIP ZAP that they have received the money.

1. I have tried to contact BIT INSTANT VIA PHONE and at least 6 emails no response. I get auto reply from debug@bitinstant.com and no communication after that. I deposited the money using my blockchain.info wallet.  Unlike MT GOX when you make a deposit through Blockchain.info, you do not get a bit instant quote id and transaction ID.

2. I don't know what happened to them, but I  lost $500 dollar deposit. I am yet to receive my money. If Bitinstant would like to preserve its reputation, I suggest they start PM ing us those who feel have been scammed and resolve this issue. I have zip zap transaction confirmation, but no coins in my account.

So the person who initially started this thread claiming they are scammers, has every right to think that way, because I can vouch it has happened to me as well.

I am willing to provide email copies and zip zap confirmation just to prove everything. I may have lost $500 dollars but this is serious flaw to bitcoin economy and needs to be resolved.

-Regards

jack789

Activity: 7

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 12:45:41 AM

Me too....
I sent $200 at CVS.  Zipzap confirmed they got money.  But, no money goes to my MtGox.  I sent them messages, but no replies.  Here is my order info:

Quote ID   4391f8f3-6f6c-4f70-8434-80ea75fe9b8e
Event ID   616c1cda-66b0-4d17-b148-804d4d5b6297
Quote valid until   Sun Apr 7 22:48:27 2013
Fees (Not inclusive of ZipZap)   3.99%%
Amount you need to pay   $200.0 USD
Amount you will receive   $192.02 USD
Expected delivery time(HH:MM:SS)   0:04:00
Guaranteed delivery time (HH:MM:SS)   1:00:00
Destination exchange   MtGox

What's going on ?.....

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print