Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:00:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If Bitcoin network would have stopped to work, would it be destroyed ?  (Read 2201 times)
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4653

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 05:38:18 PM

You already know the solution to the problem, so that's sure you know which questions you can ask to Google. I'm sorry, it seems I've looked to the whitepaper too quickly, and I didn't see it. Maybe a sticky that would stock all the questions would be a good idea, but that's just a suggestion.

Sticky wouldn't help.  The stuff that's pinned already gets asked about all the time anyhow.

Honestly, I don't mind helping out and answering questions like this (again, and again, and again). If it really bothered me, I'd just leave the forum or stop responding to these kinds of questions. I'm happy to help. It's just human nature to ask a question when wanting to understand something.  Some people are motivated to search, study, learn, and understand on their own, but most people just want a straight answer to the few things that they happen to have on their mind at the moment.  There generally isn't much interest in a deep understanding of how the entire system works.

My response wasn't really meant to be a criticism of your question.  It was just meant to point out to btcdevil that this conversation is very helpful to the people that are viewing this thread right now, and not very helpful to anyone else.  In a few days we'll all stop posting to this thread and it'll move down the list of active threads until it is a page or two deep.  Then new people won't see it, and someone wondering the same things will ask the question all over again.

Maybe next time you'll be the one to answer, now that you've gained some understanding.  Maybe I'll just answer it again.
Erkallys (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 06:01:05 PM

You already know the solution to the problem, so that's sure you know which questions you can ask to Google. I'm sorry, it seems I've looked to the whitepaper too quickly, and I didn't see it. Maybe a sticky that would stock all the questions would be a good idea, but that's just a suggestion.

Sticky wouldn't help.  The stuff that's pinned already gets asked about all the time anyhow.

Honestly, I don't mind helping out and answering questions like this (again, and again, and again). If it really bothered me, I'd just leave the forum or stop responding to these kinds of questions. I'm happy to help. It's just human nature to ask a question when wanting to understand something.  Some people are motivated to search, study, learn, and understand on their own, but most people just want a straight answer to the few things that they happen to have on their mind at the moment.  There generally isn't much interest in a deep understanding of how the entire system works.

My response wasn't really meant to be a criticism of your question.  It was just meant to point out to btcdevil that this conversation is very helpful to the people that are viewing this thread right now, and not very helpful to anyone else.  In a few days we'll all stop posting to this thread and it'll move down the list of active threads until it is a page or two deep.  Then new people won't see it, and someone wondering the same things will ask the question all over again.

Maybe next time you'll be the one to answer, now that you've gained some understanding.  Maybe I'll just answer it again.

Ok, now I understand more your reflexion. I think that answering again and again to the same question has a benefical aspect. This way more people have knowledge and thus they are able to help other people. Any way, you're doing a good job, keep it going Wink !
xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 11:48:02 PM

I think yes, bitcoin is a digital currency its mean that bitcoin only exist in internet,

so when the internet is destroy its mean we cant do anything with our bitcoin, we cant view or do any transaction

if this keep happening the trust for bitcoin will drop and eventually people will leave bitcoin

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
lottery248
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1005

beware of your keys.

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 12:56:49 PM

explicitly.  Undecided

if bitcoin stopped to work then it would be completely worthless.
not only this, we risk that the blockchain collapse as well.

out of ability to use the signature, i want a new ban strike policy that will fade the strike after 90~120 days of the ban and not to be traced back, like google | email me for anything urgent, message will possibly not be instantly responded
i am not really active for some reason
Erkallys (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 03:02:54 PM

I think yes, bitcoin is a digital currency its mean that bitcoin only exist in internet,

so when the internet is destroy its mean we cant do anything with our bitcoin, we cant view or do any transaction

if this keep happening the trust for bitcoin will drop and eventually people will leave bitcoin

No, I meant if Bitcoin would have stopped like for exemple for a few hours, would it be able to restart. All my questions has been answered by DannyHamilton. That's sure that if internet disappear, Bitcoin will do the same, but this is another debate and this was not what I've asked here Wink !
watashi-kokoto

Activity: 682
Merit: 269

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 03:10:23 PM

Lightning network enables user on channel to make Bitcoin payment and send it to merchant without internet connection.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2015, 03:25:14 PM

Lightning network enables user on channel to make Bitcoin payment and send it to merchant without internet connection.

so how is the information about the payment exchanged?

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: