Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 04:04:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best way for small online shop to accept Bitcoin?  (Read 1280 times)
calkob

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 07:03:05 PM

you could set up a watch only address at blockchain.info and they then notify you when a payment has been made.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 05:30:53 PM

Paste a QR-Code (receipt bitcoin address) on the shop, it's all.
proceed manually the command ... like a regular wire payment for example.

https://www.bitaddress.org

A restaurant near me does just that. At the register they have a QR code taped to the counter. Bitcoin users just scan that QR and send. The wait staff then check the balance to confirm the Tx. Then the waitress holds out her phone for a tip! kinda cool an very simple.   

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 05:33:37 PM

If I had a small business as a physical shop, I would simply go to bitadress.org, generate a new paper wallet, and print the public key in a paper, put it in the counter and that's about it. I wouldn't even bother dealing with 3rd party payment processors. The more you stay true to Bitcoin only the better unless you really need to.
WhatTheGox
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 05:44:25 PM

If the transaction volume is so low, why not setup a wallet address to send the coins to and an alert for any movements to that wallet?

I would like to accept bitcoins as bitcoins also but this is just not a nice smooth process for buyer or seller.  Whats also a potential problem is that people send less than the amount they should, then you have emails back and forth.  Not good for high volume.
lumeire
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1009

Next-Gen Trade Racing Metaverse

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 05:45:21 PM

If I had a small business as a physical shop, I would simply go to bitadress.org, generate a new paper wallet, and print the public key in a paper, put it in the counter and that's about it. I wouldn't even bother dealing with 3rd party payment processors. The more you stay true to Bitcoin only the better unless you really need to.

This may work for bitcoin savvy individuals and business owners, but not so much for those who just want to provide their customers with another payment method. These people wants cash, and so it's logical they'd use a 3rd party service.

▄▄████████▄▄           ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄   ▄▄████████████████▄▄
  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
 ▄█████▀            ▀█  ▄█████▀            ▀█████▄
▄█████▀                ▄█████▀    ▄▄        ▀█████▄
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▄▄     ▐█████
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▀▀     ▐█████
▀█████▄      ▄▄▄      █████▀      ▀▀        ▄█████▀
 ▀█████▄▄   █████    █████▀  █▄            ▄█████▀
  ▀██████████████ ██████▀▀  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀███████████ ████▀    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀███████ ▀▀           ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀███▀
|
..NEXT-GEN TRADE RACING METAVERSE..
|   WEBSITE   |   TELEGRAM   |   TWITTER   |   MEDIUM   |
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 05:50:00 PM

That is what I would do also. However let me offer a defense of payment processors.
I have talked to a lot of businesses about BTC and they often have the same concerns. One realistic concern is price volitility. For a business the money never stops flowing in and out. They need most of each sale to cover fixed costs and new stock. It would be disastrous to get a lot of business in bitcoin then watch half of it go away in a crash. Many businesses can't weather that uncertainty.  
There is also the problem of managing a wallet. This is all so new, and with money on the line it can be scary to amass bitcoin. Someone at the business would need to know how to safely collect, store, and cash out bitcoin. It may make more sense for a place to farm out the bitcoin processing for low fees. My guess is that the future will see a diversity of systems from "roll-your-own" to "never-touch-bitcoin" processing.  

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2015, 06:00:52 PM

Hi, I run a couple of online shops and manage a few others for clients - they all use WooCommerce running on Wordpress and are fairly small. They all make 1 or 2 sales a day, so not major traffic, although transaction values are quite high as they sell high value items.

What would be the easiest way for me to integrate Bitcoin payment into these businesses? I have seen various services such as BitPay but don't know if any of them are recommended over any others. In some ways it seems like these guys act as a "middle man" which kind of defeats some of the benefits of using Bitcoin, if you ask me - is there a simple way to set it up without having to use such a service? (A plugin or something similar which simply works out the currency conversion and then connects to my wallet).

Any ideas or help appreciated.

If you are already using WooCommerce you can skip the middleman like Bitpay and accept bitcoin direct to your wallet using the CoinSimple free plugin.

quentincole32

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 04:58:56 AM

Hi, I run a couple of online shops and manage a few others for clients - they all use WooCommerce running on Wordpress and are fairly small. They all make 1 or 2 sales a day, so not major traffic, although transaction values are quite high as they sell high value items.

What would be the easiest way for me to integrate Bitcoin payment into these businesses? I have seen various services such as BitPay but don't know if any of them are recommended over any others. In some ways it seems like these guys act as a "middle man" which kind of defeats some of the benefits of using Bitcoin, if you ask me - is there a simple way to set it up without having to use such a service? (A plugin or something similar which simply works out the currency conversion and then connects to my wallet).

Any ideas or help appreciated.
that good idea,to add bitcoin for payment option on you online shop,i really apreciate and i wish i can do something like you.
i think you should contact one of many bitcoin payment processors,like bitpay,neteller or gocoin,and i think if you talk about what you need to them,they will giv you answer and way to make bitcoin as your payment option. wish you luck Smiley

▃▃▌▌AMBROSUS▐▐▃▃▃ - TRUSTED QUALITY OF FOOD & MEDICINE
ICO date 13 September
ausbit
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 11:53:42 AM

This may work for bitcoin savvy individuals and business owners, but not so much for those who just want to provide their customers with another payment method. These people wants cash, and so it's logical they'd use a 3rd party service.
We can't say what is best or better way for the small online shops to accept Bitcoins because its solely depends upon the owners of the online shop that how much they know about Bitcoins and its benefits.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: