Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 01:27:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Only 97 nodes in china?  (Read 1020 times)
albert11 (OP)

Activity: 679
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 04:39:14 AM

Was just looking at this site https://bitnodes.21.co/
Are these accurate stats?
China is literally THE bitcoin country why so little nodes?

Or maybe this is good security wise considering they pretty much own mining network, thought?

████████████████████
           ██████████████████████
          ████                ████
         ████   █████   ████   ████
        ████   ███████ ██████   ████
       ████   ████ ████   ████   ████
      ████   ████   ████   ████   ████
     ████   ████  ██ ████   ████ 
    ████   ████   ██  ████
    ████   ████   ███  ████
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███    ███
     ████   ████   ████ ████ ████
      ████   ████   ████ ██ ████  ████
       ████   ████   ████ ████   ████
        ████   ██████ ██████    ████
         ████   ████   ████    ████
          ████                ████
           ██████████████████████
            ████████████████████
I N D X
7788bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 04:41:55 AM

I heard the number is not actually the "real" number... It is only the number of nodes visible to that particular site...
foxbitcoin

Activity: 593
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 05:41:01 AM

Was just looking at this site https://bitnodes.21.co/
Are these accurate stats?
China is literally THE bitcoin country why so little nodes?

Or maybe this is good security wise considering they pretty much own mining network, thought?
It shouldn't be like that low. I know the number of nodes will be reducing a lot but it wouldn't be that much.
maku
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 06:32:31 AM

No. I don't believe that this information is correct. There is no simply good way to determine number of nodes. You can check that https://blockchain.info/nodes-globe
Also shows almost no nodes in China and in other supposedly 'high nodes areas' too.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 06:49:39 AM

No. I don't believe that this information is correct. There is no simply good way to determine number of nodes. You can check that https://blockchain.info/nodes-globe
Also shows almost no nodes in China and in other supposedly 'high nodes areas' too.

Meanwhile... http://www.computerworld.com/article/3014509/data-center/bitcoin-miner-knc-is-planning-another-four-week-data-center-build-out.html
nichlahghe5

Activity: 278

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 06:52:29 AM

China owns bitcoin mining. That info is incorrect.
Ice Man

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 06:54:37 AM

more like 9700.
helloeverybody
Legendary

Activity: 1008

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2015, 07:54:46 AM

Yeah that number should easily be in the thousands, Cant be right.

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4532

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 08:07:44 AM

though bitnodes.io is innaccurate.. what people need to realise is that mining rigs do not run bitcoin-core or store the blockchain.

its a mining pool that stores the data and runs the full software, and a mining rig is just a glorified processor. dont believe me? unscrew a mining ASIC and look hard for a hard drive..

so although some people invision china having thousands of nodes.. it only requires one node (pool owner) to manage the asic's

but as i said right at the start bitnodes.io is innaccurate. in my area of the UK i and a few others run full nodes, but never show up on bitnodes.io

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 08:48:26 AM

more like 9700.

how many of those are full node and not miners? being a mienrs is incentivated by the block reward, but it would be more curious to know how many chinese care about the future of bitcoin besides the profit behind it
justspare

Activity: 1022
Merit: 538

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 08:52:37 AM

I don't think that this is true. I don't think there is a way of checking the amount of nodes in a country. There are some websites like this, I mean fake websites that are untrustworthy.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 09:05:26 AM

Let's say the numbers that bitnodes.io (nowadays known as 21.co) are showing are incorrect. Even if you say, let's bump their total node count to 300, from the current +- 100, that's also nothing for such a large country where Bitcoin is quite popular.

It could be that they are hiding their nodes behind a VPN or something, otherwise it's quite weird seeing China is far behind.
tobacco123

Activity: 552

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 09:06:10 AM

But if the number is not right, is there any other ways that we can find out the number of nodes in each country??

shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2015, 09:12:18 AM

But if the number is not right, is there any other ways that we can find out the number of nodes in each country??

No.

#1 "Country" is hard to define in internet terms. Which country is a node in that is running on Tor?
#2 If the node does not accept outbound connections you have no way to connect to it. How do you find out if there is a node behind the IP if your connection is refused?
#3 You need time to scan the full IP range, durring this time some nodes will go offline, while others come online.

tl;dr You can never have an accurate number.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 09:40:56 AM

more like 9700.

how many of those are full node and not miners? being a mienrs is incentivated by the block reward, but it would be more curious to know how many chinese care about the future of bitcoin besides the profit behind it

Unfortunately we can't know this precisely! We can't even know how many nodes exactly are online, not to mention to know what you are asking for!
nichlahghe5

Activity: 278

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 12:45:46 PM

though bitnodes.io is innaccurate.. what people need to realise is that mining rigs do not run bitcoin-core or store the blockchain.

its a mining pool that stores the data and runs the full software, and a mining rig is just a glorified processor. dont believe me? unscrew a mining ASIC and look hard for a hard drive..

so although some people invision china having thousands of nodes.. it only requires one node (pool owner) to manage the asic's

but as i said right at the start bitnodes.io is innaccurate. in my area of the UK i and a few others run full nodes, but never show up on bitnodes.io

Well, wouldn't it be better to have more nodes and split them farms up a bit? Network wise.
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 01:54:11 PM

a lot people use proxies when using bitcoin. i don't think chinese people are much different in this case. that could be the reason for the lack of chinese nodes.
Blawpaw
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1027

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 03:01:30 PM

that's strange... China has the biggest miners concentration... how come it has only 97 nodes?
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4532

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 03:04:40 PM

that's strange... China has the biggest miners concentration... how come it has only 97 nodes?

mining RIGS (ASICS) are not full nodes.. they have no hard drives.. its the mining POOLS (less than a dozen in china) that are full nodes. and they just transmit a small hash from the asics..

even if 1 mining pool had 1 million rigs.. it only needs one node managing it from the pool

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
ATguy

Activity: 423

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 03:16:33 PM

No.

#2 If the node does not accept outbound connections you have no way to connect to it. How do you find out if there is a node behind the IP if your connection is refused?

tl;dr You can never have an accurate number.

This is right, my internet service provider share one IP with many its customers, so my Bitcoin core cant accept incomming connections, all it can do is connect to others. Needless to say Im not listed as well, but I run the Bitcoin core during day.

Maybe it is common in China the internet service provider share one IP with many customers there as well?

.Liqui Exchange.Trade and earn 24% / year on BTC, LTC, ETH
....Brand NEW..........................................Payouts every 24h. Learn more at official thread
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: