Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:26:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: should i go 50/50 with gold and bitcoin?  (Read 8827 times)
SquallLeonhart
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1101

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 05:08:03 PM

Definitely you should. The less btc you own the more secure your investments are. An exchange gets hacked out of nowhere and bitcoin meets the floor in instant. If you are selling your btc's without any loss, then it is a wise move to buy gold. Gold prices are the same with back in 2012 right now, which looks like a good deal to me.

If you hold the bitcoins in your own wallet, there is no risk of being hacked like what happened to the exchanges.

Yeah its always better to save bitcoins in your offline wallet as they are very safe and its not easy for anyone to hack or steal your coins from your wallet.

although creating an offline storage can be a little bit hard and time consuming especially if you want to do it on a linux (like what i did) and have little linix knowledge. but it is worth the time because it will save your funds in the end.
everyone has a different opinion, but I think it is a very good thing to do, especially if you like the investment in the short and long term. Well, bitcoin can realize investment in the short term you want, and gold can realize an investment in a long time, and I think it will really bring benefits in the future

Yeah and its always good to diversify the investments and invest in both of them to minimize the risks as bitcoin can give3 us profits in short term and gold will always be there in long run.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
airsounds

Activity: 237
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 05:38:20 PM

naah, just go with bitcoin and nothing in gold, that would be the best option to do in my opinion because the bitcoin price will grow so you will make money

randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 06:29:25 PM

naah, just go with bitcoin and nothing in gold, that would be the best option to do in my opinion because the bitcoin price will grow so you will make money

i do agree that bitcoin is by far the better investment option compared to gold, but people keep sticking to gold as they see it as last resort currency when fiat has no value anymore. it's quite a doom scenario, but some people think it might happen at some point.
Dux2K
Legendary

Activity: 1022

Blocklancer - Freelance on the Blockchain

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 07:16:38 PM

This good you may or may not do this
Good option is this

Coinroll - Bitcoin Gambling

[fX665GSjkGyrckCzk]
stromma44

Activity: 952

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 07:07:06 AM

i do agree that bitcoin is by far the better investment option compared to gold, but people keep sticking to gold as they see it as last resort currency when fiat has no value anymore. it's quite a doom scenario, but some people think it might happen at some point.

But the fact is people are not aware about other investment options apart from gold especially with bitcoins, as not many are aware about it and that is an major issue.
FruitBucket

Activity: 286
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 08:31:18 AM

But the fact is people are not aware about other investment options apart from gold especially with bitcoins, as not many are aware about it and that is an major issue.

Other investment option could be stocks. But the stocks price is too high at the moment. They will decline soon.

richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 12:14:08 AM

Other investment option could be stocks. But the stocks price is too high at the moment. They will decline soon.

If you want to invest in stock then better option is to invest in bitcoin trading or altcoin trading where you can expect quick profits and that would be better in compare to profits from stock.

Bitcoin is a great alternative for people looking to invest in something different, but the altcoin market is full of empty promises as the majority of the altcoins dry out within 6 months. It's basically a gamble to put money in altcoins. Bitcoin is already risky, but risk that altcoins have is simply too high for traditional investors.
BitcoinPC

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 10:56:01 AM

In my view, bitcoin is best than gold, because it is depend where you are living, actually in my country gold has a normal value, also you can see in Arab countries, gold price is not too much high, it is normal and a huge peoples are doing gold business because in these countries are full of gold, so thats why i will never refer to gold into Bitcoins, also bitcoin is easiest earning way instead of gold.
buddu

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 12:09:31 PM

It is always good policy to have multiple holdings so 50/50 in gold and Bitcoin is really good. We don't know how things will unfold in future as we are living in most uncertain era of our times. New new things are knocking at our door whereas gold is all times most trusted asset. We can not predict nothing better do diversity in investment. I also have little gold and few bitcoins along with fiat reserves.
BTCLovingDude
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010

BTC to the moon is inevitable...

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2016, 12:17:07 PM

my suggestion is not to go 50/50 with bitcoin and gold but instead spread this 100% among multiple investments.

these can be bitcoin for sure, gold since you like it in this topic and we are all taking about it and also because it is one of the oldest and most reliable investments, altcoins if you are interested in them they are good investments, and in the end stock market if you are into that.

this way the risk is lower while the profit is the highest.

--looking for signature--
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12]  All
  Print  

Jump to: