Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 07:06:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Did anyone complete a MtGox transaction in the past month?  (Read 2884 times)
MPOE-PR (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
December 03, 2012, 10:44:17 PM

Just exactly what it says on the tin: with the deluge of really appalling stories coming out ("someone made a mistaken deposit" being the latest installment of wtf) adding to the backwater talk of insanity going on over there I'd like to know if anyone is actually getting money to or from MtGox at all.

Please post if you have made a deposit and it made it in time, please post if you've made a withdrawal and was paid on time. On time means on time, not a week late, not a day late. Specify if it worked as expected or if you had to contact support. Specify the method of payment, if possible. Specify (if you want to, it'd be helpful), the degree of magnitude of the sum involved. 10^2? 10^5?

Thanks.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
22bones

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2012, 10:53:55 PM

Made a deposit.  Dwolla took the usual week, but Mt Gox processed the Dwolla deposit in only 3 minutes.

This was on the order of 10^3 USD  Smiley
MPOE-PR (OP)

View Profile
December 03, 2012, 11:12:09 PM

Ah right, thank you for that.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
December 03, 2012, 11:17:22 PM

10^4 Dwolla deposit pending since 11/19.  
MPOE-PR (OP)

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 10:01:12 PM

Hum.

Frizz23

Activity: 1162
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 10, 2012, 02:38:52 AM

I made the following withdrawls to my bank account:
2012/11/28 : 1000EUR
2012/11/27 : 1000EUR

No money received yet Sad

Reply from support: "Due to the banking withdrawal limits imposed on our account, there has been a delay for EUR withdrawals from the huge volume of withdrawal requests, but all of them have been queued for processing accordingly."

That's not true - my limit is 10 000 EUR / 30 days.

Still waiting to get my money!

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org
davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2012, 06:34:42 AM

Reply from support: "Due to the banking withdrawal limits imposed on our account, there has been a delay for EUR withdrawals from the huge volume of withdrawal requests, but all of them have been queued for processing accordingly."

You might want to give Bitcoin-Central a try.

arlekyn13

Activity: 288
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 10, 2012, 08:05:56 AM

I'm pretty sure they were referring to the their own limits imposed by the bank on their account, not the limits of your MtGox account. Surprised you received that answer though. I've also experienced something similar, about a month ago, for a 1k+ EUR withdrawal. After 2 weeks of waiting, I just canceled my  request, bought BTC, sold on USD market the BTC and cashed out the USD voucher through aurumexchange. However, during my waiting time, the only answer I got from their support was "Your withdrawal is confirmed, it will be processed soon" Smiley
Now I simply switched to bitcoin-24 which are simply the best option in my opinion for EU customers.

1CmrswU7JYpi9WNC8EHWCV3aam1FJsW2Zu - to show appreciation for my work
zebedee
Donator

Activity: 668

View Profile
December 10, 2012, 11:06:40 AM

JPY deposit (transfer happens same day in Japan) took them two weeks and much nagging to credit my account.  Last time I deal with them.
davout
Legendary

1davout

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2012, 11:14:43 AM

JPY deposit (transfer happens same day in Japan) took them two weeks and much nagging to credit my account.  Last time I deal with them.
I guess the delay isn't as bad as the nagging.

greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
December 10, 2012, 11:18:33 AM

I guess the delay isn't as bad as the nagging.

Maybe Mt Gox should hire a payment processor if their withdrawal limits are so low, hint hint.
davout
Legendary

1davout

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2012, 11:32:57 AM

Maybe Mt Gox should hire a payment processor if their withdrawal limits are so low, hint hint.
Word.

I'll leave you guys and go back to casually hanging around in #mtgox on IRC Cheesy

World

Activity: 743

View Profile
December 10, 2012, 11:35:33 AM

Heavy traffic ,for me 17 days delay period last time  Cheesy

Supporting people with beautiful creative ideas. Bitcoin is because of the developers,exchanges,merchants,miners,investors,users,machines and blockchain technologies work together.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
December 10, 2012, 04:34:47 PM

Wow that sucks. I wonder what is the hold up.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

zebedee
Donator

Activity: 668

View Profile
December 10, 2012, 08:49:30 PM

They don't like the competition he's providing them?

I find it hard to believe they are operating full reserve.   All the lame excuses, avoiding answering simple direct questions, and persistent unexplained delays that everyone is experiencing are signs of a liquidity squeeze and lack of liquid assets IMO.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
December 10, 2012, 10:37:18 PM

I find it hard to believe they are operating full reserve.   All the lame excuses, avoiding answering simple direct questions, and persistent unexplained delays that everyone is experiencing are signs of a liquidity squeeze and lack of liquid assets IMO.

I tend to agree that it appears they are doing fractional reserve "banking".

This should be make public to their customers. It's not like the majority of us here do not know how a ponzi bank is operated.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

MPOE-PR (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2012, 07:34:08 PM

In truth this week old thread is not painting a very pretty picture. For the single customer in the hundreds there's multiple complaints in the thousands.

casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2012, 07:43:27 PM

This weekend I did a decent sized transaction and it went flawlessly.

I wired money to Gox, it was credited to my account the next business day in Japan, I spent it, withdrew BTC, the BTC were delivered instantly.

I had questioned whether I was charged the correct fees, put in a support ticket, it was answered within minutes (surprisingly, because I expected it to be the middle of the night in Japan, perhaps they have support people elsewhere).  Based on support's answer I was able to resolve my own concern (mostly discovering that yes the fees I was charged were correct).

Are they holding a full reserve?  Who knows.  If they could prove it, I'd probably be willing to leave money there instead of wiring in and GTFO'ing with bitcoins.  The fact that they don't offer this proof is, in my eyes, a major flaw, but also a wide open opportunity for competition to outdo them.

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
MPOE-PR (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2012, 08:19:18 AM

This weekend I did a decent sized transaction and it went flawlessly.

I wired money to Gox, it was credited to my account the next business day in Japan, I spent it, withdrew BTC, the BTC were delivered instantly.

I had questioned whether I was charged the correct fees, put in a support ticket, it was answered within minutes (surprisingly, because I expected it to be the middle of the night in Japan, perhaps they have support people elsewhere).  Based on support's answer I was able to resolve my own concern (mostly discovering that yes the fees I was charged were correct).

Are they holding a full reserve?  Who knows.  If they could prove it, I'd probably be willing to leave money there instead of wiring in and GTFO'ing with bitcoins.  The fact that they don't offer this proof is, in my eyes, a major flaw, but also a wide open opportunity for competition to outdo them.

Aha! One problem all services face is that the unhappy are likelier to comment than the satisfied.

2weiX
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005

this space intentionally left blank

View Profile
December 12, 2012, 08:59:30 AM

requested two withdrawals to the tune of >10k€, two weeks later inquired, was told that mtgox had met some "withdrawal limits".

wtf?

selling mtgox € codes at 1% ^__^

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: