Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 08:36:54 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: As cryptocoin investor, which coin do you think will has more value in the future ?
with known Dev, for example... Dash, Ethereum - 19 (50%)
with anon dev, but current core dev are all known dev. for example Bitcoin - 3 (7.9%)
with anon dev, for example Crave coin etc - 2 (5.3%)
with anon scammer dev, which then taken over by group of other dev for example Monero (XMR) - 14 (36.8%)
Total Voters: 38

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which dev do you trusted more ?  (Read 1961 times)
noobtrader (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 08:47:24 AM

Wink

"...I suspect we need a better incentive for users to run nodes instead of relying solely on altruism...",  satoshi@vistomail.com
DaveyJones

Activity: 768
Merit: 505

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 09:14:34 AM

And yet you wonder why you get constantly trolled.... Kindergarten....
noobtrader (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 10:43:10 AM

And yet you wonder why you get constantly trolled.... Kindergarten....

do i make mistake ? is there some misstatement in the poll option Huh

pls let me know, thanks  Wink

"...I suspect we need a better incentive for users to run nodes instead of relying solely on altruism...",  satoshi@vistomail.com
stoat

Activity: 686
Merit: 270

FREEDOM RESERVE

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2015, 11:19:20 AM

Option 4  Cheesy

FREEDOMRESERVEFree currency for the British Isles
Visit our website for more info

<-- Click here!
FREEDOMRESERVE By the People and for the People
DaveyJones

Activity: 768
Merit: 505

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 12:33:39 PM

Because it makes no sense like this.... i will trust the dev more that get´s shit done... no matter if known or unknown.

Also option 4 is wrong... with ur example.... fluffypony is not unknown...
cryptodromeda

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 12:44:46 PM

Troll polls like this are exactly why I dumped Dash.

I'm glad to finally be out.

It's a kind of blindness that reason alone cannot cure.
noobtrader (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 02:36:14 PM
Last edit: December 15, 2015, 03:14:18 PM by noobtrader

Because it makes no sense like this.... i will trust the dev more that get´s shit done... no matter if known or unknown.

Also option 4 is wrong... with ur example.... fluffypony is not unknown...

i never wrote unknown, i write anon...  

btw if fluffypony is not anon, im very sorry that i make mistake, but are you sure he/she is not anon ?

Option 4  Cheesy

i dont understand why yu laughing Huh  do i make mistake describing it ?

Troll polls like this are exactly why I dumped Dash.

I'm glad to finally be out.

pls point to me the exact mistake that i make, i will lock this poll if i make mistake and make another poll.  

thank you  Smiley

EDIT : i change the poll option.

Shake It Off

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 04:57:56 PM

I can't vote and wouldn't even if I could. I don't really trust any devs. Even Bitcoins. Why? Too afraid to update and improve the coin.
onemorexmr

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 05:00:04 PM

i'd trust a coin which has a group of commited devs regardless of anon or not.
like monero ;-)

XMR || Monero || monerodice.net || xmr.to || mymonero.com || openalias.org || you think bitcoin is fungible? watch this
spatula

Activity: 507
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 05:42:39 PM

Obviously the poll wording is biased.

As for the part of this poll that actually deserves merit and discussion, I think a Dev with a known real life identity is overall better than one who is anon. The only downsides are really for the dev themselves.

There are many downsides of an anon dev. Ill use Monero as an example (to add fuel to the fire lol). When a scam dev starts a coin then there is a community takeover, how do we know if the new devs are not just some of the same people as the old devs if they are using anon identities? They would have the most knowledge and provide for an easy to transition of coin control for the dev.

Now I don't think they are the same people in the case of Monero, but surely this situation has played out in the past. It just makes too much sense.

There are many other reasons (that people smarter than myself can figure out) but having a real life identity attached to a core developer seems like the best possible scenario.
noobtrader (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 11:55:42 PM

Obviously the poll wording is biased.

As for the part of this poll that actually deserves merit and discussion, I think a Dev with a known real life identity is overall better than one who is anon. The only downsides are really for the dev themselves.

There are many downsides of an anon dev. Ill use Monero as an example (to add fuel to the fire lol). When a scam dev starts a coin then there is a community takeover, how do we know if the new devs are not just some of the same people as the old devs if they are using anon identities? They would have the most knowledge and provide for an easy to transition of coin control for the dev.

Now I don't think they are the same people in the case of Monero, but surely this situation has played out in the past. It just makes too much sense.

There are many other reasons (that people smarter than myself can figure out) but having a real life identity attached to a core developer seems like the best possible scenario.

off course its not biased, it was just coincidental that XMR being no.4.

and yes  i think as investor, it would be better to get more info such as who is the lead dev, what is their capability etc as a coin will only be as good as the dev. also if the coin has a good funding mechanism to pay dev.

Shake It Off

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 12:05:30 AM

I agree Noobtrader. Do your homework before buying into coin projects.
TrueAnon
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 02:39:01 PM

WBB dev (1ex dev) 110%

shanem
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 03:12:30 PM

I don't trust any dev. Most devs are here to sell you promises and earn money from you. Even Satoshi disappeared as he knows that he can't show himself to the public as the pressure will be too big from everyone.

█           
           ██           
          ██████         
         ████████         
        ██████████       
       ████████████       
      ██████████████     
     ████████████████     
    ██████████████████   
   ████████████████████   
  ██████████▀▀██████████ 
 ███▀▄████▀    ▀████▄▀███
██▀ ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄ ▀██

░▄███████████▄░░░▄███████████▄░░▄███▄░░░░░░▄███▄░░▄██████████▄░░░████████████████░░░░██████████░░░░███████████████░░█████████████████
█████░░░░░░░███░████▀░░░░░▀████░█████▄░░░░▄█████░███▀░░░░░░▀███░███░░░░████░░░███░░███░░░░░░░░██░░███░░░░░░░░░░░███░███████░░░░██████
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████░▀█████▄░░▄█████▀░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░████░░███░░░███░░░██░░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░████░░▀█████░░█████▀░░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░███░░░███░░░███░░████░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░█████░░░▀████▄▄████▀░░░███▄░░░░░░▄███░███░░░░███░░███░░░░██░░░████░░███░███░░░░░░░░░░███▀░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░▀████████▀░░░░████████████▀░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░████░░░██░███░░░█████████░░░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████▄░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░███░░░███░░██░░░░░░░░░░░██░███░░░░░░░░░░███▄░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░███░██░░░░████░░░░█░███░░░█████▄░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
███████████████░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░░██░██░░░██████░░░█░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
░▀███████████▀░░░███░░░░░░░████░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░████████████████░███████████████░░███████████████░░░░░░█████████░░░░
|
▂▃▅ Quick buy and sell bitcoins online. Fast and secure ▅▃▂
Facebook】【Twitter】【Telegram】【Medium】【Instagram
|
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2015, 03:17:08 PM

NEM has a team of devs, not one, that work together quite nicely.  It helps to that one of them like Makoto is so visible and well known in the crypto scene in his country.

Shake It Off

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 08:14:15 PM

I don't trust any dev. Most devs are here to sell you promises and earn money from you. Even Satoshi disappeared as he knows that he can't show himself to the public as the pressure will be too big from everyone.

This is pretty close to the truth but there are some good ones. so may even have been good intention and ran out of ideas or skills but some are just plan scammers.
vlom
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1117

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 08:18:57 PM

is this just for bashing which coin?
monero?
dash?
eth?
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2015, 08:27:26 PM

is this just for bashing which coin?
monero?
dash?
eth?

Well if it's equating Dash with Etherum, it's probably insulting Eth the most. I think noobtrader (especially if it's noobtrader who's always bashing Monero on Poloniex) is trying to not so subtly bash Monero because it is a fork of Bytecoin (a known scam). Why? He might be heavily involved with another coin or is likely shorting Monero on Poloniex or possibly both or just doesn't like Monero.

vlom
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1117

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 09:41:28 PM

well, well. i am not that long reading BTCtalk.
but what i know now ist, that i will not buy DASH and will not support monero.
why?
i don't like their stuff here.
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 262

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 10:15:31 PM

I am voting #1 because I tried to develop a coin anonymously and frankly it would be very difficult to communicate and collaborate and remain truly anonymous to the NSA. If you mean just anonymous to the forum such as smooth (even though I assume someone on this forum knows his true identity), than I would include that in #1.

Also it seems to be #4 is the same as #1. Monero was a fork. Every coin based on Bitcoin's code is a fork. I was not voting against #4 when I voted for #1. If you allowed me to vote for more than 1 choice, then you poll wouldn't be as incongruent with my reality.

The subject title is misleading. I opened this tread because I thought it was naming devs. Is English your second language?

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: