Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 07:04:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it profitable to run a dice gambling site?  (Read 5609 times)
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 1347

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 02:18:07 PM

It is profitable but the market is still small and overtaken by a number of well known sites. It will be very hard to make a name for yourself.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Shogen
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 01:26:42 AM

If you rig it and advertise on it, it will be very profitable for you.

I highly doubt that. Most of the bitcoin gamblers are very cautious to fairness, especially when they are playing on a new site. They will check their bets carefully, and will not play on non-provably-fair site no matter how many advertisements you show them..
There is many dice gambling sites coming in but there is some dice gambling sites stopped operation too. So there is still a chance for us to build a new dice site and get some profit as long as dare to compete.

Looks like you have misunderstood my point. To be clear, my previous post (the one you quoted) was completely referring to Rizky's idea that "it will be very profitable if you rig it" only.

fullypak
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 01:41:46 AM

I highly doubt that. Most of the bitcoin gamblers are very cautious to fairness, especially when they are playing on a new site. They will check their bets carefully, and will not play on non-provably-fair site no matter how many advertisements you show them..
There is many dice gambling sites coming in but there is some dice gambling sites stopped operation too. So there is still a chance for us to build a new dice site and get some profit as long as dare to compete.

Yes, with small budget dice sites can't survive for long time and it also needs lot of advertising to attract new users to site. Since there are quite a few for long time so if one need to pull them to new site means they really should come up with a some new ideas and promotions.
lorylore
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 02:16:07 AM

Yes, with small budget dice sites can't survive for long time and it also needs lot of advertising to attract new users to site. Since there are quite a few for long time so if one need to pull them to new site means they really should come up with a some new ideas and promotions.
yah, and usually this means that they have to fork out even more $$ to attract ppl, like give aways bonus, signatture campagin, despoit bonus etc. also they need to have a large pool for players to gamble etc. if there is nothing unqiue to keep the customer, den the website will die very fast.
JasonXG

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 05:40:37 PM

I wonder if it's profitable to run a dice gambling site (like dicecoin.io) ? I'm seeing that site has 30,000 BTC wagered in 2 years.. Huge amount.

Certainly it's not easy to operate, promote and maintain by one person but I can absolutely code a site. Is it worth to start?

Have a good night Smiley

Remember the amount waged is multiple times the actual btc value since you can wage 1btc 100x or more sometimes 1000x but yes very profitable.
Arcteryx

Activity: 728

EtherSphere - Social Games

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 05:44:29 PM

I wonder if it's profitable to run a dice gambling site (like dicecoin.io) ? I'm seeing that site has 30,000 BTC wagered in 2 years.. Huge amount.

Certainly it's not easy to operate, promote and maintain by one person but I can absolutely code a site. Is it worth to start?

Have a good night Smiley
But you have to consider what the payout of the winnings will be. Of that 30,000BTC I would imagine 3/4 of that are paid back to the players. I don't know how dice sites work but it is your typical gambling ideology of how most of them operate. Is the probability for these sites better than roulette? I wouldn't know that either but if it is, then that payout seems about right.

........EtherSphere........
.....ICO Starts on 5th August, 4:00 PM UTC.....
.......High ROI Social Ethereum Games
........BENEFITS WHITEPAPER ANN THREAD GITHUB REDDIT TWITTER........

░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████████▀░░░░░
░░░░░░░░▄█████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░▄██████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░██████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░██████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░▀███████████████████▄░░░░
░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████████████████▄░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▀░░░
░░░░░░░▄█████████████████▀▀░░░░░
░░░░░▄████████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░......................
DarkStar_
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3282

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2016, 05:53:47 PM

It could be profitable, but you would need to spend a lot of time on it and a decent bankroll to start. Usually whales are what make gambling sites the most money, and if your bankroll is only eg 10BTC, your max profit would be pretty low and you would only attract smaller people. You also might get people getting lucky and having your site go bankrupt, or you could get hacked resulting in a huge bitcoin loss. If you have good coding skills/people to work for you at coding, and a decent bankroll, yeah you could make some profit.

taking a break - expect delayed responses
lexuz

Activity: 714

Me, myself and I

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 06:42:08 PM

of course is profitable if you open dice site but will not easy to get many player now because all member in this forum have a favorite site for they playing dice game.
emberbekas
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 06:55:23 PM

The more players come and play at your gambling site the more money you can collect from it(house edge). The hardest part from this bussiness is to collect more people to come and play at your site. That's why a lot of gambling sites no matter new one or already run for a long period time site still advertise his/her site by giving bonus, faucet, contest etc to attract more people to come to their sites. So, running your own gambling is profitable with some conditions.

OrangeII

Activity: 2086
Merit: 503

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 08:21:19 PM

of course is profitable if you open dice site but will not easy to get many player now because all member in this forum have a favorite site for they playing dice game.
yes, I agree with you. you can make a profit with the site of the dice, but you have to prepare a good strategy to invite people to play at the site of the dice that you make. maybe you should create a promo that gets people interested in coming or something

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

pocarime32

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 12:05:10 AM

yes, I agree with you. you can make a profit with the site of the dice, but you have to prepare a good strategy to invite people to play at the site of the dice that you make. maybe you should create a promo that gets people interested in coming or something

Yes you are right. Because there are many dice sites for bitcoin, and if you want run a dice gambling sites you need have your own 'unique' and make a live chat and good promotion.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 07:02:30 AM

the market is not yet full but it is still hard to get in and become popular.
for example if a website exactly like PrimeDice starts today and even be honest and safe, nobody will ever go there to bet.
so in order to be profitable these days you should be different in a good way. like offering a competitive house edge, have promotional giveaways, have jackpots, lotteries and prizes for random people, have new games, also i think adding different altcoins to the mix is a good way of being successful.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
rekinthis

Activity: 658

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 07:30:16 AM

Have a good night Smiley

depends on how site will look like, if it will have nice design, free satoshis to gamble, friendly community, then people will gamble in your site, but if it will be ugly, same as other sites then i don't think that someone will play and you won't get profit

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
uname

Activity: 420

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 07:59:08 AM

you'll be lucky to make a dice gambling sites. if you have a big bankroll and capital. I'm sure there are times when a player will win. for that you must have a large amount of capital, so that it can recover your loss

armansolis593

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 09:35:57 AM

you'll be lucky to make a dice gambling sites. if you have a big bankroll and capital. I'm sure there are times when a player will win. for that you must have a large amount of capital, so that it can recover your loss

Having really a big capital on creating a dice site is a must and you must also how know how to run a website so you can be sure that your site is really secured or else all the money that put in your investment will be gone.
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 09:55:05 AM

Having really a big capital on creating a dice site is a must and you must also how know how to run a website so you can be sure that your site is really secured or else all the money that put in your investment will be gone.

Or you use a platform like MoneyPot, where you just piggyback the investor bankroll and can prototype/launch sites quickly without all the security risks of maintaining wallets and the like. As of right now, you'd instantly have the backing of a 220 BTC bankroll, for example.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
ajun96

Activity: 658

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 09:59:32 AM

true. the hard part is making a name became famous from the site. because players prefer to survive. more if other sites do not have a nice feature. so make dice sites are different from the others. create a good promotion.
I think that simple sites are still the main choice. like primedice
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 02:13:46 PM

it is not just about running a dice site, there is a lot of other stuff that has to be done on the side to make the business profitable.

for example you have to protect the site against exploits, hacks, and other kinds of attack.
also you have to know some SEO, and have the ability to advertise it properly, like advertising it in the right places, having giveaways,etc

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
BruceLee007

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 03:23:28 PM

Have a good night Smiley

of course it is hard work, but to get profit you need lots of unlucky gamblers, and to get them you need to have something unique in your site

maybe interesting design, or something else that will attract them, then it will be profitable for you
Nahl
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 05:33:02 PM

yes it is profitable but for only some of dice gambling sites such rollin.io, primedice or etc because those sites is so popular with millions total wager but some of them also not lucky as those sites and ended became a death gambling sites
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: