Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 09:08:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How 1BTC can eventually be worth $11M  (Read 7614 times)
ATguy

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 10:51:37 AM

The US treasury is about $20 Trillion, divided by 20 m bitcoin, that is $1m for each bitcoin.

I'm not sure what you mean by "the US treasury is about $20 trillion", but the St. Louis Adjusted Monetary Base is about $4 trillion, so $4 trillion divided by 20 million bitcoins is $200,000 per bitcoin.

The value of a bitcoin will exceed $200,000 only if all the dollars are replaced by bitcoins (assuming FRB at current levels).

Bitcoin market cap is very misused term. The reality is if you use 100 million USD and buy Bitcoins, you might longterm increase the Bitcoin market cap by Billion of USD. This means you can have stable market value $200,000 per Bitcoin without the need to use $4 trillion USD to buy Bitcoins...

.Liqui Exchange.Trade and earn 24% / year on BTC, LTC, ETH
....Brand NEW..........................................Payouts every 24h. Learn more at official thread
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Funny

Activity: 343

Bonus Claim Url: http://betonline.wager.bz

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2016, 11:02:45 AM

Well that is long for me, I think in year 2040 is a good year to have at least with 1 bitcoin to 1 million.
In year 2100 I will just want to retire and just chilling doing nothing and sleeping. That is also why I started bitcoin in first place.
You can retire with bitcoin, because the value of it every year can go up.

Sleeping in your coffin?

Bitcoin won't be a global currency. There are only 21 million coins, and nearly 7.5 billion people. One person would have around 0.003 BTC each. I currently hold 4 BTC, which is alot more. And think of all the bitcoin in the early adopters wallets, thousands. And also think of the thousands of lost coins. Bitcoin will not become a global currency.

ATguy

Activity: 423

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 03:45:14 PM

Well that is long for me, I think in year 2040 is a good year to have at least with 1 bitcoin to 1 million.
In year 2100 I will just want to retire and just chilling doing nothing and sleeping. That is also why I started bitcoin in first place.

Sleeping in your coffin?

Bitcoin won't be a global currency. There are only 21 million coins, and nearly 7.5 billion people. One person would have around 0.003 BTC each. I currently hold 4 BTC, which is alot more. And think of all the bitcoin in the early adopters wallets, thousands. And also think of the thousands of lost coins. Bitcoin will not become a global currency.

Thats pretty weak argument, I corrected to see why:

Bitcoin won't be a global currency. There are only 2100 trillion Satoshis, and nearly 7.5 billion people. One person would have around 300 000 Satoshis each. I currently hold 400 million Satoshis, which is alot more. And think of all the Satoshis in the early adopters wallets, hundred billions. And also think of the hundred billions of lost Satoshis. Bitcoin will not become a global currency.

.Liqui Exchange.Trade and earn 24% / year on BTC, LTC, ETH
....Brand NEW..........................................Payouts every 24h. Learn more at official thread
Ch3wbacca

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 04:20:52 PM

Bitcoin even though it is an extremely good payment processor, i doubt will ever reach those heights.

Gold will always remain the true form of money. However in times of quick panics in the economy and a need to transfer money instantly, Bitcoin will be considered, hence why its sudden jolts in price. Bitcoin at best will serve as internet money, while banks will use 'the blockchain' to serve their purpose and create their own digital which will be mainstream instead.

PM me if you wish for me to advertise you
angaper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 10:49:06 PM

Such optimistic scenario lacks of logical arguments to justify the future hegemony of Bitcoin as the only valuable option to carry out all the economic transactions of the world. I also would like to be  optimistic but our human race is still so far of reaching agreements of that magnitude and we will preserve our atavistic usages for ever.
Blue_Panda73

Activity: 126

fastdice.com The Worlds Fastest Bitcoin Dice

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2016, 09:25:47 AM

Sleeping in your coffin?

When bitcoin is used as a currency and can be used to pay tax, then the bitcoin wealth will be redistributed. Those with lots of bitcoin can spend it or invest it.

martinacar

Activity: 462

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 09:30:38 AM

11 Million worth for 1 bitcoin is just to much I don't think that ever will happen as max I think it can go to 10.000 dollar.
I don't spec that high but still the price now I am happy with it.
MaritiJames3

Activity: 448

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 09:44:12 AM

This will take years for bitcoin to get there.

I don't think this bitcoin generation will be alive to see this happen.
Bitcoinbro

Activity: 420

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 09:53:31 AM

I think this will really just depends on how much of a demand there is for bitcoin.

More demand means more supply is needed, in this case, supply of bitcoin is very limitited.

Therefore, bitcoin price will go up.
Blue_Panda73

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2016, 09:23:59 AM

I do not agree with you. If the bitcoin price rises 30% a year, in 30 years, it will rise to $11 million dollars. I am still young to see the price.

martinacar

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 09:27:40 AM

I do not agree with you. If the bitcoin price rises 30% a year, in 30 years, it will rise to $11 million dollars. I am still young to see the price.

So do you think that in 30 years people will be a millionaire that is a lot of people what we are talking about.
I don't really see a 11 million dollars for just 1 bitcoin is just to much to handle.
Maybe I can be wrong and that can happen, but we need to see the reality for the price of bitcoin.
lottery248
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1005

beware of your keys.

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 12:49:46 PM

if the bitcoin block halves, demand remains the same, then the price of bitcoin doubles every 4 years, probably the price of bitcoin could reach at least 10 million (normally) within 60 years. if the demand doubles, then the price quadruples.  Huh i am not sure if it would happen.

out of ability to use the signature, i want a new ban strike policy that will fade the strike after 90~120 days of the ban and not to be traced back, like google | email me for anything urgent, message will possibly not be instantly responded
i am not really active for some reason
MaritiJames3

Activity: 448

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 02:56:42 PM

11 Million worth for 1 bitcoin is just to much I don't think that ever will happen as max I think it can go to 10.000 dollar.

I think it's possible for bitcoin to reach this but not in this lifetime. Our generation of bitcoin users won't live this long to see this happen.
For this to happen a lot of demand would need to come from the bitcoin community since supply is very limited.
martinacar

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 02:59:43 PM

I think it's possible for bitcoin to reach this but not in this lifetime. Our generation of bitcoin users won't live this long to see this happen.
For this to happen a lot of demand would need to come from the bitcoin community since supply is very limited.

Yeah it will be possible. But I see that it won't happen I think.
11 million is just to much and there is a lot of people having 1 bitcoin.
We will see if ever this happen.
Bitcoinbro

Activity: 420

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 03:15:08 PM

We won't be able to see this day come.

The whole world would need to adapt to bitcoin for 1 btc to be worth 11 million
bitsmichel

Activity: 518

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 03:35:42 PM

Sleeping in your coffin?

The 21 million cap could be altered with a protocol upgrade if there is consensus.  There are more than "21 million coins", if you consider satoshi or bits coins.  Lets say one satoshi is one coin: 2.100.000.000.000.000 coins

the_poet
Legendary

Activity: 1137
Merit: 1035

Bitcoin accepted here

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 03:51:07 PM

Sleeping in your coffin?

The 21 million cap could be altered with a protocol upgrade if there is consensus.  There are more than "21 million coins", if you consider satoshi or bits coins.  Lets say one satoshi is one coin: 2.100.000.000.000.000 coins

No need to alter anything. If there's demand, price simply adjusts accordingly.

Under construction.
coinplus
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 08:38:32 PM

We won't be able to see this day come.

The whole world would need to adapt to bitcoin for 1 btc to be worth 11 million

I think even if the whole world adopt bitcoin, the price will not increase much. The basic thing that cause changes in price is the need for the bitcoins among different communities and people round the globe.
Blue_Panda73

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2016, 09:06:06 AM

Sleeping in your coffin?

We can add a few more digits in the next century if bitcoin is still a popular currency used by most people.

Cs87kxy

Activity: 185

https://BoostCrypto.com - Earn 250% in 200 Hours

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 09:10:33 AM

Sleeping in your coffin?

We can add a few more digits in the next century if bitcoin is still a popular currency used by most people.

or other blockchain / coins could become a "partner" during trade...
For example, Company/Nation A create their coin but the value is backed by btc!
I dream A world like this one, stop fiat, only crypto! Wink
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: