Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 08:47:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I got banned for Trolling? (merged with dupe thread)  (Read 3045 times)
farlack
Legendary

Activity: 1311
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 04, 2012, 07:25:29 PM

Theymos should have already PM-ed you in regards to your ban situation. You were banned for imposing as a staff of BFL in a previous post that were removed, and other counts of trolling.

I was under the impression this is a free democratic forums. You cant go to jail for trolling in real life.
greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
December 04, 2012, 07:29:44 PM

Theymos should have already PM-ed you in regards to your ban situation. You were banned for imposing as a staff of BFL in a previous post that were removed, and other counts of trolling.

I was under the impression this is a free democratic forums. You cant go to jail for trolling in real life.

I don't think you understand how internet forums work. They are not democracies, they are private clubs operating under their house rules. And yes, impersonating a company employee in an attempt to defraud potential customers might not get you sent to jail, but get you fined none the less.
HelloHello44 (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2012, 07:31:37 PM

I saw your posts before they were deleted. You were impersonating BFL staff in one of the ASIC threads in the newbie section throwing out overblown profitabilty numbers about BFL products in a clear cut attempt to defraud forum members.

Are you kidding me? dude i posted what BFL has on there forum, i thought i was doing a favor on showing what they Make in a month, if you dont believe me look at the forum for yourself, the person asked how much would they profit a month with a Single i believe or little Single im not sure so i posted what they had on there forum, i was just posting what i saw as BFL Advertised

The Link: https://forums.butterflylabs.com/showwiki.php?title=FAQ:Get+Rich+Quick+Not+so+fast&highlight=rich

And what i saw there

Jalapeno: $27/month
"Little" Single: $180/month
Single: $360/month
Minirig: $9000/month

I did not tell anyone to buy any of the products , the person asked how much they would make and i helped, i don't mean to fraud anyone Jesus whats wrong with you, its like someone not knowing how to install window 7 and i show him a link? what i cant do that? he asked a question and i reply with a answer its not like i made the numbers up to make them look good.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1227

Away on an extended break

View Profile
December 04, 2012, 07:33:38 PM

A free democratic forum doesn't stop all semblance of laws being enforced here. Trolling in Internet forums is the equivalent of the defacement of public property. A fully libertarian forum would end up in a pile of spam.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
December 04, 2012, 07:50:57 PM

I was under the impression this is a free democratic forums.

What gave you that crazy idea?  A forum (any forum) is private property.  Private property owners have a right to manage their property as they see fit.   Of course nobody is forced to use the forum and if the forum owners act tyaranical people will simply leave but the idea that a forum is free and democratic is kinda silly.  I mean when is the last time the forum voted.... on anything.  When were elections for mod and admin held?  You would think that would be a clue it isn't a democracy.
BFL_Lab_Rat

Activity: 13

View Profile
December 04, 2012, 08:22:36 PM

Is there a problem?

BFL is the bestest company in the world  Grin  Kiss  Grin
HelloHello44 (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2012, 08:29:49 PM

Is there a problem?

BFL is the bestest company in the world  Grin  Kiss  Grin

LAB Rat!! Help Lmfaoo i got banned for having BFL_Theo....Correction i was trolling, i keep thinking i was banned for the BFL part but it happens to be trolling i believe
BFL_Lab_Rat

View Profile
December 04, 2012, 08:37:32 PM

LAB Rat!! Help Lmfaoo

I know they banned BFL_Mitt and BFL_Obama from BFL forums. Possibly it had to do something with the elections. Or shit Inaba said. Or shit my dad says.
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5236
Merit: 13092

View Profile
December 04, 2012, 08:46:18 PM

If I saw somebody with the forum name BF_Theo, I would assume they were a BFL staff member. If I had a problem with my order, I would probably send them my order number etc if they offered to help.

You absolutely should not do that. BFL doesn't own the "BFL_" username prefix. I will not ban people for simply using that prefix in their usernames.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
December 04, 2012, 08:54:51 PM

If I saw somebody with the forum name BF_Theo, I would assume they were a BFL staff member. If I had a problem with my order, I would probably send them my order number etc if they offered to help.

You absolutely should not do that. BFL doesn't own the "BFL_" username prefix. I will not ban people for simply using that prefix in their usernames.

Perhaps we need to assign some kind of "confirmed" status to actual company representatives so that users can easily distinguish between service provider staff and others who may use the prefix because they're fanbois or trolls.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
BFL_Lab_Rat

View Profile
December 04, 2012, 08:57:39 PM

Perhaps we need to assign some kind of "confirmed" status to actual company representatives so that users can easily distinguish between service provider staff and others who may use the prefix because they're fanbois or trolls.

But what if they are all of the above (staff, fanboy, troll) - like BFL_Josh?
HelloHello44 (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2012, 09:19:00 PM

I think the matter of this Thread was based on my account getting banned,

I thought it had to do with the BFL part of the name but it wasnt.

So having BFL is not a problem.

Problem is trolling supposedly.
meowmeowbrowncow

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 04, 2012, 09:54:09 PM

But what if they are all of the above (staff, fanboy, troll) - like BFL_Josh?

Confirmed Turd Sandwich

good tag.

"Bitcoin has been an amazing ride, but the most fascinating part to me is the seemingly universal tendency of libertarians to immediately become authoritarians the very moment they are given any measure of power to silence the dissent of others."  - The Bible
HelloHello44 (OP)

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 02:01:17 AM

sent by: theymos

Re: (No subject)
« Sent to: HelloHello44 on: December 04, 2012, 08:39:43 PM »
« You have forwarded or responded to this message. »
Quote  Reply  Delete 
You were lying about being a BFL representative, which is trolling.

It's okay Guy's im still banned for Having the Prefix

Re: I got banned for Trolling? (merged with dupe thread)
December 04, 2012, 08:46:18 PM
Quote from: Blazr on December 04, 2012, 06:19:13 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
quoted by
theymos
modcom

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 02:18:37 AM

Give it up, you lose... Troll = FAIL

HelloHello44 (OP)

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 02:23:14 AM

Give it up, you lose... Troll = FAIL

Who the Hell is Trolling? Are you guys Delusional? and not see that he made a mistake?

Everybody makes mistakes but to agree to the mistake and still call me a troll means you must be more of a idiot then most normal people " Give it up" ? hbu Stop posting and go Play Runescape.
farlack
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 02:29:57 AM

A free democratic forum doesn't stop all semblance of laws being enforced here. Trolling in Internet forums is the equivalent of the defacement of public property. A fully libertarian forum would end up in a pile of spam.

Trolling is freedom of speech, its not defacing anything, the idea of bitcoins is democratic, and free. Though I see these forums as more 'high class' than your usual, thus I don't agree with it, but I don't see how trolling should be a bannable offense, no one has to read a 'trolls' post, that's what the ignore button is for.

If trolling is 'defacing' the forums as you say, then spamming, swearing, posting ignorant statements, and false facts should be bannable also.

P.S. if you feel trolling should be bannable, then you should rethink how the scammer tag works, why should one be banned for trolling someone, but someone who steals $20,000 usd just gets a tag.
greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 02:32:20 AM

"Freedom of speech" laws apply to the relation between government and citizen, there is no provision for "freedom of speech" between citizens or even a non-government organization and citizens.
HelloHello44 (OP)

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 02:33:12 AM

Trolling is freedom of speech, its not defacing anything, the idea of bitcoins is democratic, and free. Though I see these forums as more 'high class' than your usual, thus I don't agree with it, but I don't see how trolling should be a bannable offense, no one has to read a 'trolls' post, that's what the ignore button is for.

If trolling is 'defacing' the forums as you say, then spamming, swearing, posting ignorant statements, and false facts should be bannable also.

I 100% Agree!

Now see the Posts i made and tell me what i did wrong, somethings just don't make Sense i swear

btw i like how you made your point.

http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=71552
farlack
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 02:37:44 AM

I 100% Agree!

Now see the Posts i made and tell me what i did wrong, somethings just don't make Sense i swear

btw i like how you made your point.

http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=71552

I don't know the circumstances behind your ban, I was just stating the trolling part I feel is a wrongful ban. Your name was misleading it had BFL, but that could have been changed as fast as it took to click the ban button, or given you a scammer tag, then you could still post.

And if trolling is bannable, please ban Dank.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: