Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:26:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I got banned for Trolling? (merged with dupe thread)  (Read 3034 times)
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2012, 02:44:43 AM

Banning people isn't violating free speech, don't be dense. I kicked some hunters off my property a couple weeks ago and told them not to return, is that violating their free speech?

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HelloHello44 (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 02:50:36 AM

theymos Explained why i Got banned Right now. Apparently the "BFL." ment that i Signed it as a Representative of BFL which i had no idea was bad or even meant that in all respect, i understand where he's coming from, but like i said to him if i knew i would get in trouble i would of never did it

Jalapeno: $00/month
"Little" Single: $000/month
Single: $000/month
Minirig: $0000/month

BFL.     <~~~~~~~~ Just for This part

P.s i removed the amounts due to not false advertising.
HelloHello44 (OP)

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 03:07:35 AM

theymos

Allowed me to Keep The Account and Put in my Signature that i am Not a Representative of BFL.

thanks For understand theymos
farlack
Legendary

Activity: 1311
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 03:11:58 AM

Banning people isn't violating free speech, don't be dense. I kicked some hunters off my property a couple weeks ago and told them not to return, is that violating their free speech?

Don't be ignorant, trespassing isn't in violation of speech.
I'm stating trolling doesn't hurt anyone.
Scammers do, but they don't get banned.

If you were to ban one for trolling, ban them all, and please start with dank.
BFL_Theo

Activity: 46

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 03:26:09 AM

theymos

Allowed me to Keep The Account and Put in my Signature that i am Not a Representative of BFL.

thanks For understand theymos

Dude your my Hero You got me Unbanned!

jk haha but yeah im Back Thank god, my heads killing me from Posting so many comments and Messaging back and forth!

Not a BFL STAFF
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 03:30:08 AM

Property doesn't only apply to physical property.    You have no freedom of speech as it relates to other citizens and their private property.   No forum can violate your freedom of speech because ...
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Who can't abridge the freedom of speech?  That's right Congress can't.  Last time I checked the mods on this forum aren't Congress, aren't duly elected or appointed officials of any state.  They aren't even the agents of the state.  

Rights start with ownership.  The forum is OWNED by its owners.  Those owners use admins and mods to (as they see fit) to maximize the value of their property.  Property they own and have every right to control.  There is no difference between kicking a hunter off your land and kicking a person off a forum.  Both involve lawfully controlling one's property.

You don't need a freedom of Speech from other citizens you know why?
1) Other citizens don't have a monopoly on violence.  Other citizens can't under the law use force to silence your speech.  
2) Sure maybe you can't speak on this forum without rules (much like you can't hunt on anyone's private property without permission) but until bitcointalk.org becomes the sole mechanism of speech for the human race you have other options.  

TL/DR:
I hate "rights" hypocrits.  I bet even now you fail to see that your demands of freedom of speech are a violation of the rights of others ... the rights of property owners to be free in the ownership of what is theirs.
farlack
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 04:22:46 AM

Property doesn't only apply to physical property.    You have no freedom of speech as it relates to other citizens and their private property.   No forum can violate your freedom of speech because ...
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Who can't abridge the freedom of speech?  That's right Congress can't.  Last time I checked the mods on this forum aren't Congress, aren't duly elected or appointed officials of any state.  They aren't even the agents of the state.  

Rights start with ownership.  The forum is OWNED by its owners.  Those owners use admins and mods to (as they see fit) to maximize the value of their property.  Property they own and have every right to control.  There is no difference between kicking a hunter off your land and kicking a person off a forum.  Both involve lawfully controlling one's property.

You don't need a freedom of Speech from other citizens you know why?
1) Other citizens don't have a monopoly on violence.  Other citizens can't under the law use force to silence your speech.  
2) Sure maybe you can't speak on this forum without rules (much like you can't hunt on anyone's private property without permission) but until bitcointalk.org becomes the sole mechanism of speech for the human race you have other options.  

TL/DR:
I hate "rights" hypocrits.  I bet even now you fail to see that your demands of freedom of speech are a violation of the rights of others ... the rights of property owners to be free in the ownership of what is theirs.

Well you sir just trolled me, a bannable offense, apparently. Anyway I'm not here to say what's right and wrong I was stating my opinion and you trolled me so you should be banned also. Why should one be banned for trolling but others such as dank are still here along with scammers?

Tldr you're a hypocrite and should be banned for trolling.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 04:24:22 AM

Lucky for me this isn't your property or I would be banned. Starting to understand how that whole property right's concept works now?  In this case your definition of trolling is irrelevant.
BFL_Theo

Activity: 46

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 04:27:27 AM

Comeon Guys no need to get Upset over nothing haha i made this thread to get me unbanned but now it seem to be a battle royal of Rights!

Not a BFL STAFF
nomorecoin

Activity: 16

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 05:08:18 AM

Well you sir just trolled me

That's no troll. DeathAndTaxes stated objective fact.
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2012, 06:00:03 AM

Comeon Guys no need to get Upset over nothing haha i made this thread to get me unbanned but now it seem to be a battle royal of Rights!

Not a BFL STAFF

Nobody's upset, just correcting farlack's misunderstanding of what the right to free speech actually means.

Farlack, as D&T stated, it isn't about trespassing, it's about personal and property rights. Your right to free speech doesn't give you the right to intrude on the rights of others. If this were your forum you absolutely would have the right to say D&T is a troll and ban him. Or just ban him because you think he's ugly and smells bad. That would be your choice to make. A poor one, but yours nevertheless.

Dank's time will probably come. He mostly sticks to his own threads at least.

farlack
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 08:27:03 AM

Lucky for me this isn't your property or I would be banned. Starting to understand how that whole property right's concept works now?  In this case your definition of trolling is irrelevant.

Right, seems someones epeen is to big, just because you have a higher post count, doesn't mean everyone elses 'opinion' is irrelevant. All I stated was I don't feel trolling should be bannable.

This website and its domain is the United States government property, if you don't think they can, and will seize this website at will, you're mistaken. Hows that whole property right's concept work for you? Bitcoin.org is registered with the ICANN, which is government property, which also owns everything on American soil.

Half the things you see here is about sticking it to the government, we have a better currency, hushing users up is against everything we're here for.

(And yeah, I realize the domain is registered in Canada, and probably hosting too, but SMF forums are in Nevada, in American government territory)

Don't bother replying here, I wont be back on this thread. I stated my 'opinion' and you trolled me about it, good job.
lightlord
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3226
Merit: 1226

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2012, 08:44:34 AM

Not a BFL STAFF

Okay I like to order 3 asic miners, and 3 jalapenos, and a mini one.

Cheesy

Now where's mine? Bad customer service, highly dis-recommend BFL  Angry

Grin

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2012, 09:10:42 AM
Last edit: December 05, 2012, 09:49:23 AM by BadBear

Lucky for me this isn't your property or I would be banned. Starting to understand how that whole property right's concept works now?  In this case your definition of trolling is irrelevant.

Right, seems someones epeen is to big, just because you have a higher post count, doesn't mean everyone elses 'opinion' is irrelevant. All I stated was I don't feel trolling should be bannable.

This website and its domain is the United States government property, if you don't think they can, and will seize this website at will, you're mistaken. Hows that whole property right's concept work for you? Bitcoin.org is registered with the ICANN, which is government property, which also owns everything on American soil.

Half the things you see here is about sticking it to the government, we have a better currency, hushing users up is against everything we're here for.

(And yeah, I realize the domain is registered in Canada, and probably hosting too, but SMF forums are in Nevada, in American government territory)

Don't bother replying here, I wont be back on this thread. I stated my 'opinion' and you trolled me about it, good job.

If you would bother to read his post instead of jumping straight to some idiotic conclusions about post counts and epeens, you'd realize that he's saying fralack's opinion on trolling is irrelevant because he isn't the owner of the forums, therefore has no rights when it comes to deciding who is a troll and who isn't, and who should be banned for it. You have a pretty poor definition of trolling as well.

I can see why you don't want to come back to this thread though (good job on that iceburn by the way, you totally got the last word on that guy Roll Eyes), it must be hard to actually discuss things when you can't read. I don't even know where to start with the travesty that's the rest of your post.

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: