Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 04:08:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: can we have a RALLY! thread yet?  (Read 3343 times)
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
December 04, 2012, 08:39:35 PM

Fear and greed...

Everytime something fucks up, the forum goes like "oh, fuck, we're doomed. btc is dead."
When something mildly positive happens, people scream in ecstasy as if btc was going to become the new reserve currency. You guys are overreacting.

No, we're brainstorming.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
Technomage
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056

Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2012, 08:58:25 PM

Bitcoin is taking over. No, seriously. Not overnight of course but it's spreading. I have an arrangement with another company that handles the logistics of our online store and they bill us each month for the postage fees. This month the guy asked me to pay the bill in bitcoins. I was happy to.

Then I asked him why. He told me that they pay most of their costs with bitcoins these days. They have VPS with bitcoins (I don't remember which, there are a lot that accept coins these days), they have VPN with bitcoins (iPredator) and they have file storage with bitcoins (Wuala). Soon there is pretty much nothing a web based company can't pay with bitcoins.

We are moving forward. WordPress accepts bitcoins, Reddit and Flattr are seriously considering accepting bitcoins, and then we have these smaller services converting slowly but surely. This rally is the real deal.

Denarium closing sale discounts now up to 43%! Check out our products from here!
zoinky

Activity: 811
Merit: 1000

Web Developer

View Profile
December 04, 2012, 09:39:38 PM

Bitcoin is taking over. No, seriously. Not overnight of course but it's spreading. I have an arrangement with another company that handles the logistics of our online store and they bill us each month for the postage fees. This month the guy asked me to pay the bill in bitcoins. I was happy to.

Then I asked him why. He told me that they pay most of their costs with bitcoins these days. They have VPS with bitcoins (I don't remember which, there are a lot that accept coins these days), they have VPN with bitcoins (iPredator) and they have file storage with bitcoins (Wuala). Soon there is pretty much nothing a web based company can't pay with bitcoins.

We are moving forward. WordPress accepts bitcoins, Reddit and Flattr are seriously considering accepting bitcoins, and then we have these smaller services converting slowly but surely. This rally is the real deal.

News has been good, but I feel its more of a pull from the reward halving than a rally of newcomers.  Look at the size of the ask depth dropping, supply is dropping with the reward halving, just took a few days.
mccorvic

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 04, 2012, 10:06:10 PM

News has been good, but I feel its more of a pull from the reward halving than a rally of newcomers.  Look at the size of the ask depth dropping, supply is dropping with the reward halving, just took a few days.

Geez, didn't you hear?! The reward drop was already priced in!

Grin

Offering Video/Audio Editing Services since 2011 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77932.0
Piper67
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 04, 2012, 10:07:28 PM

Grin

Exactly... EVERY reward drop from here till 2040 has already been priced in... In fact, everything has already been priced in. This is about as good as it will ever get, it's just crash and burn from here on fellows. FUD FUF troll troll FUD troll.  Grin
the_thing

Activity: 546
Merit: 252

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
December 04, 2012, 10:20:33 PM

Grin

Exactly... EVERY reward drop from here till 2040 has already been priced in... In fact, everything has already been priced in. This is about as good as it will ever get, it's just crash and burn from here on fellows. FUD FUF troll troll FUD troll.  Grin

Generally anticipated events are always more or less priced in. If we knew, half a year ago, that wordpress would accept bitcoins on a certain date, there would be no rally.

,gaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaag,
           ,aP8b    _,dYba,       ,adPb,_    d8Ya,
         ,aP"  Yb_,dP"   "Yba, ,adP"   "Yb,_dP  "Ya,
       ,aP"    _88"         )888(         "88_    "Ya,
     ,aP"   _,dP"Yb      ,adP"8"Yba,      dP"Yb,_   "Ya,
   ,aPYb _,dP8    Yb  ,adP"   8   "Yba,  dP    8Yb,_ dPYa,
 ,aP"  YdP" dP     YbdP"      8      "YbdP     Yb "YbP  "Ya,
I8aaaaaa8aaa8baaaaaa88aaaaaaaa8aaaaaaaa88aaaaaad8aaa8aaaaaa8I
`Yb,   d8a, Ya      d8b,      8      ,d8b      aP ,a8b   ,dP'
  "Yb,dP "Ya "8,   dI "Yb,    8    ,dP" Ib   ,8" aP" Yb,dP"
    "Y8,   "YaI8, ,8'   "Yb,  8  ,dP"   `8, ,8IaP"   ,8P"
      "Yb,   `"Y8ad'      "Yb,8,dP"      `ba8P"'   ,dP"
        "Yb,    `"8,        "Y8P"        ,8"'    ,dP"
          "Yb,    `8,         8         ,8'    ,dP"
            "Yb,   `Ya        8        aP'   ,dP"
              "Yb,   "8,      8      ,8"   ,dP"
                "Yb,  `8,     8     ,8'  ,dP"   
                  "Yb, `Ya    8    aP' ,dP"     
                    "Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "       

Free TON

PEER-TO-PEER MULTY-BLOCKCHAIN SYSTEM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬TON SURF - OFFICIAL WALLET.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI
mccorvic

Activity: 518

View Profile
December 04, 2012, 10:24:16 PM

Generally anticipated events are always more or less priced in. If we knew, half a year ago, that wordpress would accept bitcoins on a certain date, there would be no rally.
Just ain't true.  Unless you knew not only that wordpress was going to accept them, but how many people would start using BTC because if/how much this increase demand would increase price/what other businesses would start accepting BTC because of wordpress/how long wordpress will accept BTC/ect ect ect

Anyone who claims that they can price ANYTHING in before it happens has spent to much time buying on Silk Road.

Offering Video/Audio Editing Services since 2011 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77932.0
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2012, 10:47:17 PM

Just ain't true.  Unless you knew not only that wordpress was going to accept them, but how many people would start using BTC because if/how much this increase demand would increase price/what other businesses would start accepting BTC because of wordpress/how long wordpress will accept BTC/ect ect ect

Anyone who claims that they can price ANYTHING in before it happens has spent to much time buying on Silk Road.

Of course people get things wrong, but if they know about things they are as likely to overshoot as undershoot. If you know that people systematically overshoot or undershoot you can make free money (for a while, until you've corrected it and the price reflects your knowledge).

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
novusordo

Activity: 800
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 04, 2012, 11:44:56 PM

Had you ever mentioned Bitcoin to them before that? Either way, that's fantastic!

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                 ██████████████        █████
              █████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████        █████████████
       █████████████        █████████████       ██████
       ██████████        ████████████           ██████
       ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
       ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
       ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
       █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
       █████████████       █████████████        ██████
       ██████████       █████████████           ██████
       ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
       ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
       ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
       ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
       ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
       ██████           █████████████       ██████████
       ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                 █████████████       █████████████
              ████████████        █████████████
                  ████         ████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications
byronbb
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

HODL OR DIE

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 02:04:31 AM

Lol that's like saying you can't buy a futures contract on Gold in the commodities market. 

kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2012, 02:18:24 AM

seems like it's holding so far... no remorse crash yet!

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
jojo69 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 4371

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 03:04:52 AM

just catching its breath

looking good to me so far

This is not some pseudoeconomic post-modern Libertarian cult, it's an un-led, crowd-sourced mega startup organized around mutual self-interest where problems, whether of the theoretical or purely practical variety, are treated as temporary and, ultimately, solvable.
Censorship of e-gold was easy. Censorship of Bitcoin will be… entertaining.
molecular
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 07:25:54 AM
Last edit: December 05, 2012, 10:59:23 AM by molecular

a consolidation could land us around 13.20 ( 12.6 + (13.5-12.6)*0.66  = 13.194 )

my guess is we'll be trading sideways in a range between 13.1 and 13.3 for a while now.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
Spaceman_Spiff
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

₪``Campaign Manager´´₪

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 08:45:01 AM

a consolidation could land us around 13.20 ( 12.6 + (13.5-12.6)*0.66  = 13.194 )

my guess is we'll be trading sideways in a range between 13.1 and 13.3 for a while now.

FTFY
molecular
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 10:59:34 AM

a consolidation could land us around 13.20 ( 12.6 + (13.5-12.6)*0.66  = 13.194 )

FTFY

thanks

Fjordbit

Activity: 588

firstbits.com/1kznfw

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2012, 03:51:30 PM

Lol that's like saying you can't buy a futures contract on Gold in the commodities market. 

It's really more like saying you can't know what is the right price to buy futures contracts on Gold in commodities market. People will guess one way or another, but only when the time comes is the number really known.

I think that the idea that people were pricing in the halving is a little bit far fetched. The main issue is that a halving has never occurred before, so how are people to know what to expect afterwards. On top of that, I don't think that anyone really has much of an idea on why bitcoin prices rise when they do nor fall when they do. We can see large buys and sell hit Gox, but we don't know who is doing them and we don't know the motivations behind those people. Unlike traditional markets, we don't have pollsters trying to determine sentiment, so we have no leading indicators. All we have is a random walk with a bit of volume. Getting information from that is barely better than scrying with chicken bones.
01BTC10
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 04:30:36 PM

I heard this guy know how to predict future market price.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: