Bitcoin Forum
July 08, 2024, 03:02:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitForce ‘Jalapeno  (Read 4729 times)
farlack
Legendary

Activity: 1311
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 08, 2012, 10:32:27 PM

The other thing that worries me too is that if people of her age no disrespect to her or anyone of that age but mistakes can be made and would they really be up to the mining challenge..

I run a 14 staff / 4 shop series of bottleshops (Alcohol only retail store in Australia)

I've got a lady about her age (60ish) who is about 5" 6' and wouldn't weigh anymore than most women her age.
But I would trust her to.

-Put away several tonnes of alcohol a day
-work 12 hours straight no problem
-doesn't conflict with other staff
-do accurate till and stock work

I'd trust her to do more work and of better quality than ALL of my staff under the age of 30.

My point?

Don't dismiss somebody because of their age, it makes you look like a retard.

o.0

Now if your staff member made a scratch on a bottle, would you still sell it?
I don't think they were judging on their age, over the fact that shakey hands might make that solder hit a wrong area, but still be placed off as 'cant hurt nutin'.

BFL_Theo

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2012, 10:40:56 PM

The other thing that worries me too is that if people of her age no disrespect to her or anyone of that age but mistakes can be made and would they really be up to the mining challenge..

I run a 14 staff / 4 shop series of bottleshops (Alcohol only retail store in Australia)

I've got a lady about her age (60ish) who is about 5" 6' and wouldn't weigh anymore than most women her age.

I'd trust her to do more work and of better quality than ALL of my staff under the age of 30.

My point?

o.0

I don't think they were judging on their age, over the fact that shakey hands might make that solder hit a wrong area, but still be placed off as 'cant hurt nutin'.

If there Hired then they must be able or capable of doing the work don't you think?

I'm sure of it. it seems to me your a sore buyer that just wants his ASIC asap.

NOT A BFL STAFF
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2012, 11:59:01 PM

For sake of augment (and humor), the lady pictured in the OP can re-purpose any boards she messes up:

BFL_Theo

View Profile
December 09, 2012, 02:13:41 AM

For sake of augment (and humor), the lady pictured in the OP can re-purpose any boards she messes up:

http://blog.rewarestyle.com/wp-content/oye_popcontrolfront_bl.jpg

LMFAO I LOVE IT!

NOT A BFL STAFF
farlack
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2012, 02:28:27 AM

My point?

o.0

If there Hired then they must be able or capable of doing the work don't you think?

NOT A BFL STAFF

Didn't buy an ASIC, Id rather waste my money elsewhere. Besides, they said they can pump what was it 900 of them out a day? I think I can wait 3 days after launch to order mine. I was just clearing something up.
Anyone is capable of putting a chip on, doesn't mean they have steady hands. I wasn't judging anyone, he was comparing someone stocking a shelf, to soldering equipment that some people paid $30,000 to buy.
BFL_Theo

View Profile
December 09, 2012, 02:55:21 AM

My point?

o.0

NOT A BFL STAFF

Didn't buy an ASIC, Id rather waste my money elsewhere. Besides, they said they can pump what was it 900 of them out a day? I think I can wait 3 days after launch to order mine. I was just clearing something up.
Anyone is capable of putting a chip on, doesn't mean they have steady hands. I wasn't judging anyone, he was comparing someone stocking a shelf, to soldering equipment that some people paid $30,000 to buy.

" doesn't mean they have steady hands"......."I wasn't judging anyone"

Seems like a Form of Judging to me. just drop this, your point have nothing substantial in your argument.

NOT A BFL STAFF
farlack
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2012, 03:55:42 AM

My point?

o.0

NOT A BFL STAFF

" doesn't mean they have steady hands"......."I wasn't judging anyone"

Seems like a Form of Judging to me. just drop this, your point have nothing substantial in your argument.

NOT A BFL STAFF

Right, I never said she was not fit for work, I only illiterated what one of his worries could possibly have been. Hense the "I don't think they were judging on their age", I never said anything about me.
Thistled

Activity: 39

View Profile
December 12, 2012, 06:55:25 PM

Well, better little old ladies than little 8 year old kids (Apple, I'm looking at you).

At least they get their shit done.

If Apple would be BFL we would still be using one of those:

http://www.old-computers.com/museum/photos/apple_1.jpg

Glad to see fanbois endorse child labour.
Shocking.
Clicks *ignore*
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2012, 01:11:44 AM

To prove to them that the task they were doing was not that difficult, I grabbed two bundles (four sheets) of 4' X 12' drywall and carrying them inside, placing them neatly on the stack that they barely started after over an hour on the site. I told them to not pull off the taps and to have a nice day.

That said, I wonder how the dialogues would have gone if the supplied picture in the OP featured a pimpled-face kid.

~Bruno K~

4'x12' sheets of 5/8" rock are ~180lbs if memory serves. That's beastly. Hats to you, pimply-faced sir.

The four sheets I carried were 1/2" even though that particular project required both thicknesses. Recently I moved 8" X 8" X 14' pine and 10" X 10" X 10' oak beams.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: