Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:31:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My palms are still sweating after watching this video.  (Read 4329 times)
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2012, 12:52:50 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCYZZPwJr_c

Not for the fainthearted like me.

Post how you felt upon viewing the video.

~Bruno K~
nobbynobbynoob

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Annuit cœptis humanae libertas

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2012, 12:56:43 AM

Nah, it'd be scarier actually doing it. Smiley

Earn Free Bitcoins!   Earn bitcoin via BitcoinGet
BTC tip: 1PKkvuwC24Vqjv9odigXs1QVzE66jEJqmb (if <200 µBTC, please donate to charity)
LTC tip: LRqXaNdF79QHvhPpS5AZdEJZnLiNnAkJvq (if <Ł0,05, please donate to charity)
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4368
Merit: 3045

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 11:59:51 AM

The comparison to spacewalking is unjustified. In space, you keep your damn safety line attached at all times. Shocked

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
meowmeowbrowncow

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 12:07:47 PM

I just threw up.

"Bitcoin has been an amazing ride, but the most fascinating part to me is the seemingly universal tendency of libertarians to immediately become authoritarians the very moment they are given any measure of power to silence the dissent of others."  - The Bible
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226

Away on an extended break

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 12:40:01 PM

WTF. I'm still shaky from that video. I'm soooo tempted to tag this NSFW now.  Wink
God, if their pay were less than $1m per year the tower's company must've hired Spiderman and his crew.
Jaw3bmasters

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Another block in the wall

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 01:06:05 PM

meh.

In Cryptography we trust.
LiteBit
Legendary

Activity: 1133
Merit: 1050

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 01:09:09 PM

Nah, it'd be scarier actually doing it. Smiley

indeed
HDSolar

Activity: 386

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2012, 01:15:55 PM

WTF. I'm still shaky from that video. I'm soooo tempted to tag this NSFW now.  Wink
God, if their pay were less than $1m per year the tower's company must've hired Spiderman and his crew.
Na, that tower is probably in some third world country and they get paid in like dong or something.  If that tower was in the US, they probably would not have allowed a tower that tall to be built and the regulations would not have allowed for this kind of repair to be authorized Smiley plus unions would have said it is a four man job and not two.

Get paid to be social and visit HypeWizard today!  www.hypewiz.com
AR-15 80% at www.uspatriotarmory.com
my Cryptanalys.is profile
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 01:33:53 PM

Na, that tower is probably in some third world country and they get paid in like dong or something.  If that tower was in the US, they probably would not have allowed a tower that tall to be built and the regulations would not have allowed for this kind of repair to be authorized Smiley plus unions would have said it is a four man job and not two.
I've did some background reading on that. (http://www.wirelessestimator.com/t_content.cfm?pagename=Tower%20Worker%20Video)
The tower is at Texas.
AmDD
Legendary

Activity: 1027
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 03:01:30 PM

Wow! thats insane!!!

Whats the purpose of that tower? I didnt read the article linked above

BTC tip jar: 18EKpbrcXxbpzAZv3T58ccGcVis7W7JR9w
LTC tip jar: Lgp8ERykAgx6Q8NdMqpi5vnVoUMD2hYn2a
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2012, 03:18:48 PM

I've did some background reading on that. (http://www.wirelessestimator.com/t_content.cfm?pagename=Tower%20Worker%20Video)
The tower is at Texas.

And, as we all know, Texans have big balls. Unless the job at hand was outsourced to two desis. Texas is a right-to-work state, thus these two climbers probably didn't belong to a union. They could even be American-Indian.

For sure they weren't two bitcoiners, for come dusk they'll still be discussing who is going to go first.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 03:35:07 PM

I led mountaineering trips for years and never got over my fear of height. I just got better at trusting my gear. But this, NO F#<king WAY!

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 03:40:14 PM

The tower is at Texas.

And, as we all know, Texans have big balls. Unless the job at hand was outsourced to two desis. Texas is a right-to-work state, thus these two climbers probably didn't belong to a union. They could even be American-Indian.

For sure they weren't two bitcoiners, for come dusk they'll still be discussing who is going to go first.
That guy must've carried his balls in the red pack below. Such audacity!
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2012, 04:19:25 PM

WTF. I'm still shaky from that video. I'm soooo tempted to tag this NSFW now.  Wink
Na, that tower is probably in some third world country and they get paid in like dong or something.  If that tower was in the US, they probably would not have allowed a tower that tall to be built and the regulations would not have allowed for this kind of repair to be authorized Smiley plus unions would have said it is a four man job and not two.
The tower is at Texas.

30lbs balls, and as he starts free climbing, the guy below him holds his bag so that the balls don't sway in the wind. I think the second guy gets paid more, for he has to protect the lead climber's balls.

BTW, I found this video while hunting that Lego tower I read about on Google news.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 04:30:12 PM

WTF. I'm still shaky from that video. I'm soooo tempted to tag this NSFW now.  Wink
Na, that tower is probably in some third world country and they get paid in like dong or something.  If that tower was in the US, they probably would not have allowed a tower that tall to be built and the regulations would not have allowed for this kind of repair to be authorized Smiley plus unions would have said it is a four man job and not two.
The tower is at Texas.

30lbs balls, and as he starts free climbing, the guy below him holds his bag so that the balls don't sway in the wind. I think the second guy gets paid more, for he has to protect the lead climber's balls.

BTW, I found this video while hunting that Lego tower I read about on Google news.
Makes me wonder how the guy below should cope - no one holding his balls for him, and the added danger of the guy above falling on him. He needs more pay than the guy above.
Do post amazing nuggets like this frequently; it's better than another crappy horror movie.  Grin
BR0KK

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 04:37:30 PM

I actually would like to try klimbing that thing Smiley

01BTC10
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 04:42:11 PM

I did a lot of rock climbing/mountaineering when I was younger and living in the Rockies. Sometimes, I was climbing without any rope. After some training I get used to the height. But I would not make it my day job like those guys.  
BitBlitz

Activity: 285

Turning money into heat since 2011.

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 04:53:50 PM

I've seen it before, but didn't notice until this time:  When he is standing on the top, he lets go for a moment to fidget with the clip (@7:20
)   Shocked

I see the value of Bitcoin, so I don't worry about the price...
AndrewBUD

Activity: 1078
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2012, 05:27:53 PM

With the proper gear and training I would tackle climbing that tower for pay.... No problem.. I would even do the crazy skyscraper windows.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
[/tabl
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 05:30:23 PM

With the proper gear and training I would tackle climbing that tower for pay.... No problem.. I would even do the crazy skyscraper windows.

I'll need much more than the paltry hook they were using. Heck, I still have vivid visions where the hook slipped off the bar and the video showing some projectile motion off the tower.  Lips sealed
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: