Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 12:59:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [pump and dump alert] Any true reason of this high price?  (Read 1508 times)
flagpara (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 03:24:57 PM

I'll try to be short and clear.

I bought 4 btc just before blackfriday as blackfriday has always been linked to a rise of btc price. I thought I'd sell just after but thanks to a little PD problem I had to wait some time.
And I'm more than thankful as I withdrawed my fund the price was up to 400 without any sign of going down.
I sold everything at 450 while things reached a decision point. Price might fall and I don't want to loose such a high profit.

My question here is: Is there any reason for this rise? Or is everything just a classic pump and dump scheme?
Bitcoin was not suddenly used by the majority, was not recognized by any country, no big company decided to accept bitcoin... In fact nothing changed between the beginning of November and today. So I don't see any reason to hold and have faith in this recognition for bitcoin. I see numerous threads popping saying "we'll see 1000$ before January". I like bitcoins and I'd be glad it happens, but I just don't see a reason why it would be so.

Any valid argument on this sudden rise? More than the usual "It's what btc worth, it's the future of tomorrow!!!"
Cause yeah I agree Btc worth much more than fiat money but it's no reason for the rise, the reason would be that people suddenly realize this. And I don't see why they would realize it now.

flagpara (OP)

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 03:36:05 PM

The answer is very simple.

Bitcoin was / still is a pump and dump scheme, it will fall from $500 to $50 in 2016 just like it did from $1200 to $120.

That's my global feeling of the situation but as lots of people are thinking the contrary I'd like to hear their opinion  Grin

RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 03:37:57 PM

Bitcoin was / still is a pump and dump scheme, it will fall from $500 to $50 in 2016 just like it did from $1200 to $120.
Ive made sick money ignoring anonymous, unsubstantiated speculation like this. By all means, please continue.  Wink

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
mexicantarget
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1043

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 03:38:24 PM

If you know who Chris Dunn is, I'll just leave this here..

https://twitter.com/ChrisDunnTV/status/676900496079249410
RodeoX
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 03:43:57 PM

Ive made sick money ignoring anonymous, unsubstantiated speculation like this. By all means, please continue.  Wink

Of cause few people make money from pump and dump scheme. that's why it has been created in the first place.
Well I hear a lot about P&D, but I never see anyone show the method or provide any proof.

flagpara (OP)

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 03:48:11 PM

Of cause few people make money from pump and dump scheme. that's why it has been created in the first place.
Well I hear a lot about P&D, but I never see anyone show the method or provide any proof.

Dude I'm not saying it's going to dump or anything, I just didn't want to take the risk, that's why I sold.
Bu I don't see a reason to trust this huge rise neither  Embarrassed

master sato

Activity: 165

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 03:50:50 PM

That's my global feeling of the situation but as lots of people are thinking the contrary I'd like to hear their opinion  Grin
I would say it's a mixed thing and there is nothing dependent on our feelings .
The general speculation is based on the news , articles ,buy/sell volume on exchange platforms etc.. and these things could not be enough sufficient to judge Bitcoin bumps or dumps cause of the whales.
I am positive though.
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 04:12:47 PM

More like noob alert.  Facebook is a garbage company that shouldn't even have stock.  It halved in price on release then went up 400% when it was already horribly overpriced beforehand.  Bitcoin only doubles in price from rock bottom, 2 year bear market and you have random 1 star posters (probably another banking shill) claiming it's a scam.

Facebook market cap: 300 billion

Bitcoin market cap:  6.8 billion

Bitcoin is a far more significant invention, so there's still a long way to go for increasing prices.  Bitcoin going up 100x or more from here is easily plausible.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
~Bitcoin~
Legendary

Activity: 994

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 04:17:08 PM

The true reason behind this pump seems to be buying force from china which is clear if you see volume on chinese bitcoin exchanger.

Alley
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 04:22:54 PM

Pump and dump blah blah blah.  Daily tx volume is over 200k.  2 years agonits 40k.  That's all you need to know about why the price is rising.  It's called adoption.  I think you should just sell your coins so we don't have to see your stupid posts anymore.
RodeoX
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 04:29:12 PM

Dude I'm not saying it's going to dump or anything, I just didn't want to take the risk, that's why I sold.
I was responding to the bold assertion of $50 bitcoins. A claim with absolutely no supporting evidence. I have seen claims like this since I started with bitcoin in 2010. I don't disagree with your claim of not knowing the future, in fact I totally believe that to be true.

r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 04:35:37 PM

That's a sign of intelligence, actually.

^And the JIDF, Zionist banking shill poster who has already created over 5000 spam accounts and have them all deleted is back with a new account shilling more for Bernanke, Yellen, Lloyd Blankfein and friends.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 04:40:50 PM

The Bitcoin block halving that is comming closer and closer is reason enough, right? The current price is normal. Not high at all.
sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 05:13:23 PM

bullish

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
mtnsaa
Legendary

Activity: 1568

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 05:17:54 PM

Lots of bold claims, you can say whatever you want but with Bitcoin it all comes down to the same thing, we don't really know. Next year it can be valued at $120 or it can be $1200 because of the halving. All your points can make sense but that doesn't mean anything at the end of the day. The only thing I know for sure is that If we all invested in Bitcoin from the start we would be rich. It didn't happen but either way, Bitcoin price has been increasing year by year, so I think unless something drastic happens, we can safely say it will be above $400 in the next upcoming years at least.
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4018
Merit: 4505

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 05:18:04 PM

Blah blah blah... (erroneous figures)...
Ive made sick money ignoring anonymous, unsubstantiated speculation like this. By all means, please continue.  Wink

Blah blah blah...bulltards...

flagpara (OP)

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 05:37:35 PM

Pump and dump blah blah blah.  Daily tx volume is over 200k.  2 years agonits 40k.  That's all you need to know about why the price is rising.  It's called adoption.  I think you should just sell your coins so we don't have to see your stupid posts anymore.

Wow thanks for your super awesome answer. Next time please take 5 sec to read OP and see that I'm not saying that it's again a P&D scheme but that I wonder if it's one. I'm looking for reason to explain this rise. But maybe another hard part of bitcoin adoption is its so warm and nice community with such good old member answering constructively to a newbie question by "just go away and don't ask stupid question again".

Really you're such a kind person, thanks again. Happily enough btc community is full of sharing and innovative people, not just bulls like you.

Lots of bold claims, you can say whatever you want but with Bitcoin it all comes down to the same thing, we don't really know. Next year it can be valued at $120 or it can be $1200 because of the halving. All your points can make sense but that doesn't mean anything at the end of the day. The only thing I know for sure is that If we all invested in Bitcoin from the start we would be rich. It didn't happen but either way, Bitcoin price has been increasing year by year, so I think unless something drastic happens, we can safely say it will be above $400 in the next upcoming years at least.

Agreed. Price rise is a long term one. I don't believe this rise is true, it's going to go down after, btc is a long term investment.

The whole point of my thread was to know if there was any material reason behind this rise, or if it was just a market trend.

TERA

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 05:44:13 PM

This is a high price?  It looks pretty low to me compared to when I last bought at $600 in June 2014 and that's supposed to be this exponential trend and all.  Should have been thousands by now, even without China.
flagpara (OP)

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 05:47:14 PM

This is a high price?  It looks pretty low to me compared to when I last bought at $600 in June 2014 and that's supposed to be this exponential trend and all.  Should have been thousands by now, even without China.

Yeah sure everything is relative  Grin

I hope for you that it's not just a P&D but that btc will truely skyrocket this time mate. I'd be sad not having hold but at least we would be two making profits Wink

MaritiJames3

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 06:18:48 PM

I feel like as if every time bitcoin goes up or down, people are always looking behind reasons as to why these things are happening.
You should trust your gut a bit more and do a little research, don't listen to these people saying when to dump or when to buy in.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: