Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:52:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why my threads been moved from Services to Gambling?  (Read 827 times)
sardasa (OP)

Activity: 1064
Merit: 502

* Buying Bitcoin *

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 07:35:51 PM

Notification received about topics been moved 12 minutes back: http://prntscr.com/9ez8jc

This thread is about GPT Site DollarClix which is not related to gambling at all https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1277069.0
Similarly this one is about BitGold which is also not related to gambling at all https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1287532.0

I see lot of users running referral campaigns under Services section & I don't see my threads violating any rules as I am asking for service from users and paying them in bitcoins.

Its just because I am newbie & can not moderate my own thread, you guys can do anything with my threads even w/o letting me know?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1007

hee-ho.

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 08:27:54 PM

it was moved to the games and rounds...

tho I think microearnings are more fitting.

Things such as paid signups or free promotions belong in Games and Rounds

ah..
minifrij
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2015, 08:29:38 PM

Things such as paid signups or free promotions belong in Games and Rounds (where it has been moved to), not the Services section.
sardasa (OP)

* Buying Bitcoin *

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 08:34:13 PM

Things such as paid signups or free promotions belong in Games and Rounds (where it has been moved to), not the Services section.
Why is Games & Rounds under Gambling instead of having sub section of it's own under Market Place?
http://prntscr.com/9f02q6

Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 08:42:47 PM

Why is Games & Rounds under Gambling instead of having sub section of it's own under Market Place?
Because here we are dealing with games involving money isn't it? Games here strictly refer to gambling games like plinko or dice and not football or cricket right?  Hence it's a sub section of gambling.
sardasa (OP)

* Buying Bitcoin *

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 08:45:24 PM

Because here we are dealing with games involving money isn't it? Games here strictly refer to gambling games like plinko or dice and not football or cricket right?  Hence it's a sub section of gambling.

What kind of gambling is involved in signing up on a site which is not related to gambling at all?

minifrij
Legendary

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2015, 08:55:30 PM

What kind of gambling is involved in signing up on a site which is not related to gambling at all?
The only explanation I can really think of is that it's mostly Gambling sites which offer these giveaways, and the section may have been created to house giveaways by these Gambling sites. Since the section was mostly for giveaways, other non-gambling sites were then moved there as it was the most appropriate section.

I've never really questioned why giveaways and such go there, they just always have.
sardasa (OP)

* Buying Bitcoin *

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 08:58:30 PM

The only explanation I can really think of is that it's mostly Gambling sites which offer these giveaways, and the section may have been created to house giveaways by these Gambling sites. Since the section was mostly for giveaways, other non-gambling sites were then moved there as it was the most appropriate section.

I've never really questioned why giveaways and such go there, they just always have.
Ok so just let me reword my question.
What kind of threads are allowed under Services? I don't see any specific rule about what to post & what not to post in that section of the forum.

minifrij
Legendary

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2015, 09:12:53 PM

What kind of threads are allowed under Services? I don't see any specific rule about what to post & what not to post in that section of the forum.
Usually the Services section is for things that people can offer. Usually things such as users giving coding services or Signature Campaigns. Since your service is just giving away free money for signing up it's not considered a service, it is considered a giveaway. Hence why it's in the Games and Rounds and not Services.
sardasa (OP)

* Buying Bitcoin *

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 09:18:26 PM

Usually the Services section is for things that people can offer. Usually things such as users giving coding services or Signature Campaigns. Since your service is just giving away free money for signing up it's not considered a service, it is considered a giveaway. Hence why it's in the Games and Rounds and not Services.

To be honest with you, I can still see there are many threads which are not offering any service. They just want referrals for the sites they are promoting.
Thing which annoys me on this forum is that rules are different for newbie and rules are different for not newbie.

minifrij
Legendary

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2015, 10:15:57 PM

To be honest with you, I can still see there are many threads which are not offering any service. They just want referrals for the sites they are promoting.
Then report them and they will be removed to the correct section. Also, referral links aren't allowed AFAIK, so those topics will probably be edited anyway.

Thing which annoys me on this forum is that rules are different for newbie and rules are different for not newbie.
No, though it may seem like it. Report any posts you see in the wrong section to a moderator and I'm sure they will get moved.
sardasa (OP)

* Buying Bitcoin *

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 10:18:48 PM

Then report them and they will be removed to the correct section. Also, referral links aren't allowed AFAIK, so those topics will probably be edited anyway.

No, though it may seem like it. Report any posts you see in the wrong section to a moderator and I'm sure they will get moved.
It would take me ages to understand that gambling sectionc an contain non gambling sites because this forum does not have separate section for non gambling sites.

I am pretty sure mexxer-2 would have reported my threads for being in wrong section that's why they got moved.

mexxer-2

Activity: 924
Merit: 1003

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 05:14:56 AM

I am pretty sure mexxer-2 would have reported my threads for being in wrong section that's why they got moved.
No

Edit:
It would take me ages to understand that gambling sectionc an contain non gambling sites because this forum does not have separate section for non gambling sites.
Service Announcements and Service Discussion

Edit 2:
Ok. So, I got more haters.
Showing that a statement is not true, is of course a hate comment /sarcasm
sardasa (OP)

* Buying Bitcoin *

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 05:16:39 AM

No

Edit:
Service Announcements and Service Discussion
Ok. So, I got more haters.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: