Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 10:19:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining pool features table  (Read 44820 times)
mmortal03 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1762
Merit: 1010

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 05:58:46 AM
Last edit: October 24, 2011, 12:01:45 PM by mmortal03

I had been trying to compare the growing number of mining pools and their features at one point, and there wasn't a concise table that summarized them. So, I decided to put one together:

http://pastehtml.com/view/awb1vg03r.html

Please help me fill in the question marks and fix any mistakes, as well as contribute information on any pools that I may have overlooked.

If you can post the info for me using the terminology of my table, I'll add it.  No disrespect intended here, it's simply that I've found that trying to track down the information individually for so many pools, and then translating it into the standard language of my table is MUCH more time consuming than is necessary.  I don't have the time to join every pool to figure out the features or read pages and pages of pool threads to track down the most up to date answers. If each pool expert can simply come here occasionally and give me their information in an organized post, I can easily add it, and everyone benefits.

Also, if you are a pool operator providing me with your info, be honest and help all of us out by providing ALL of the info (i.e. not just the green ones).  That way we don't get stuck with a lot of question marks.

Thanks!
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
[Tycho]

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2011, 06:03:12 AM

Don't know what do you mean by "e-mail change payout lock", but we have optional permanent address lock and e-mail confirmation for address change.

Also both proportional and pay-per-share payout modes are available.

Welcome to my bitcoin mining pool: https://deepbit.net - Both payment schemes (including PPS), instant payout, no invalid blocks !
ICBIT Trading platform : USD/BTC futures trading, Bitcoin difficulty futures (NEW!). Third year in bitcoin business.
horrorshow

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 06:05:19 AM

Very nice Cheesy Now if only there was some kind of real time pool size comparison or user-generated uptime rating...
[Tycho]

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2011, 06:06:54 AM

Most pools provide their total hashrate data and it's shown as pie chart at http://bitcoinwatch.com , but there is no averaging for more precise results.

Welcome to my bitcoin mining pool: https://deepbit.net - Both payment schemes (including PPS), instant payout, no invalid blocks !
ICBIT Trading platform : USD/BTC futures trading, Bitcoin difficulty futures (NEW!). Third year in bitcoin business.
mmortal03 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 06:11:56 AM

Don't know what do you mean by "e-mail change payout lock", but we have optional permanent address lock and e-mail confirmation for address change.

Also both proportional and pay-per-share payout modes are available.

I think I accidentally conflated two separate features.  I need to add a row for e-mail confirmation for address change, and have a separate row for payout lock on wallet address change.
yrral

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 06:18:24 AM

lots of errors
Bitcoinpool has long pooling
eligius has json api
should add mtred and swepool
mmortal03 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 06:20:44 AM

lots of errors
Bitcoinpool has long pooling
eligius has json api
should add mtred and swepool

Thanks, working to correct this info now.  It's hard to read through these entire mining pool threads to find this info, and the first posts aren't always updated, hence the errors.
nomnomnom

Activity: 313
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 06:36:16 AM

Hi,

found this wiki page yesterday https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Comparison_of_mining_pools
maybe it would be good to merge your table in there later  Cool

mmortal03 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 06:41:59 AM

Hi,

found this wiki page yesterday https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Comparison_of_mining_pools
maybe it would be good to merge your table in there later  Cool

Excellent, I hadn't seen that when I searched around the other day.  One thing I'm confused about on that list is that it says slush has LP.  According to the phoenix miner running on my computer, it doesn't, unless I'm doing something wrong.
mmortal03 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 07:25:45 AM

Updated, but still needs a lot of info filled in.
Barek

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 08:53:52 AM

One thing you could add:

Transaction fee on withdrawal. Some pool charge 0.01, some charge 0.

Since the pools usually put the transactions into the blocks they solve that is an additional fee. Say someone withdraws every time their balance reaches 1 BTC, then 0.01 is an extra 1% fee.
TheSeven

Activity: 504

FPGA Mining LLC

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2011, 09:20:32 AM

Continuum does support long polling and does have a JSON-RPC API. It has automatic payout at 1BTC, no manual one. Username == Bitcoin address, like Eligius.

My tip jar: 13kwqR7B4WcSAJCYJH1eXQcxG5vVUwKAqY
mmortal03 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 09:52:20 AM

Can anyone answer the question marks on BTCmine?  I'd join to check it myself, but they aren't accepting new sign ups for the next few weeks.
Drasek

Activity: 30
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 10:46:30 AM

Maybe Add "Support by GUIMiner" ?

A proper GUI to set up the miner is imho the most important feature for all those newcomers after the latest press covering of BitCoins. I guess there are some not so techie users out there who are not interessted in every little tech detail and want to stay away from concol windows/unix/etc., but would love a "One Click Solution" to start mining - GUIMiner is their answer.

Cheers

Drasek
mmortal03 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 02:35:00 AM

Maybe Add "Support by GUIMiner" ?

A proper GUI to set up the miner is imho the most important feature for all those newcomers after the latest press covering of BitCoins. I guess there are some not so techie users out there who are not interessted in every little tech detail and want to stay away from concol windows/unix/etc., but would love a "One Click Solution" to start mining - GUIMiner is their answer.

Cheers

Drasek

Yeah, I can add "GUI support preset in:", and then list which GUI tools it is supported in (guiminer, bitminer, etc). 

On a side note, I would like to see at least some of the pool owners of the smaller pools help me fill in the question marks, as it would help them advertise their features. It's difficult to find out all of this information without scouring through page after page of forum threads for each individual pool.
[Tycho]

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2011, 02:41:38 AM

On a side note, I would like to see at least some of the pool owners of the smaller pools help me fill in the question marks, as it would help them advertise their features. It's difficult to find out all of this information without scouring through page after page of forum threads for each individual pool
Deepbit doesn't takes any additional fees for sending payments.

mmortal03 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 04:05:51 AM

On a side note, I would like to see at least some of the pool owners of the smaller pools help me fill in the question marks, as it would help them advertise their features. It's difficult to find out all of this information without scouring through page after page of forum threads for each individual pool
Deepbit doesn't takes any additional fees for sending payments.

Thanks Tycho, info added, and you're not even one of the smaller ones! Smiley
mmortal03 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2011, 11:07:07 PM

I think I am going to contact each of the mining pool operators to ask if they would like to contribute to this.  Are there really no miners who use the pools with the question marks on them who can help fill this in?
redditorrex

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Nom Nom Nom

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2011, 01:32:08 AM

MtRed has Automatic Payout and Instan Payout, Long Polling, Multiple workers, account/address settings, email or not, https, i just added wallent change logs and will ad an email settings to that.

Reddit Mining Team - MtRed.com = Pure PPS + #00GH/s + LP(+) + AutoPay&InstaPay + Audio Notifications
Find us in #mtred @ irc.freenode.net
mmortal03 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 06:36:51 AM

Just updated with latest information provided.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: