Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 06:18:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the best place to sell bitcoins?  (Read 989 times)
1zacster (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 07:13:29 AM

I know this has been asked hundreds of times but all the threads seem to be old and not be relevant anymore. Me and some friends are going to pool our money together and get one of these https://www.btcfpga.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=61&product_id=59

I want to use paypal for receiving payments and am unfarmiliar with any other services but I read around sometimes people are able to say they didnt authorize it then take your bitcoins and not pay you. I want something preferable well trusted (speaking of trust is btcfpga legit?) and not likely to scam me.
Nolo

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Whoa, there are a lot of cats in this wall.

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 07:17:52 AM

I know this has been asked hundreds of times but all the threads seem to be old and not be relevant anymore. Me and some friends are going to pool our money together and get one of these https://www.btcfpga.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=61&product_id=59

I want to use paypal for receiving payments and am unfarmiliar with any other services but I read around sometimes people are able to say they didnt authorize it then take your bitcoins and not pay you. I want something preferable well trusted (speaking of trust is btcfpga legit?) and not likely to scam me.

Instead of selling your bitcoins, you could pay btcfpga with bitcoins.  If you don't have enough bitcoins, buy some more with your friends' money. 

BTCFPGA is where I have preordered from, so obviously I think they are legit. 

Charlie Kelly: I'm pleading the 5th.  The Attorney: I would advise you do that.  Charlie Kelly: I'll take that advice under cooperation, alright? Now, let's say you and I go toe-to-toe on bird law and see who comes out the victor?  The Attorney: You know, I don't think I'm going to do anything close to that and I can clearly see you know nothing about the law.
19GpqFsNGP8jS941YYZZjmCSrHwvX3QjiC
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 4656

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 07:19:59 AM

. . . I want to use paypal for receiving payments . . . I want something preferable well trusted . . . and not likely to scam me.
Sorry, you'll have to choose one or the other.  You can't have both.  Either you use paypal, or you use something well trusted that is not likely to scam you.  Paypal is not well trusted, and leaves too much opportunity for the sender to scam the receiver.
TangibleCryptography

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

Tangible Cryptography LLC

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2012, 07:28:26 AM

How about https://fastcash4bitcoins.com ?
1zacster (OP)

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 07:32:26 AM

Instead of selling your bitcoins, you could pay btcfpga with bitcoins.  If you don't have enough bitcoins, buy some more with your friends' money. 

BTCFPGA is where I have preordered from, so obviously I think they are legit. 
Also what do you think ASICs will do? I mean cpu-gpu was a massive hike so the same will happen with asics but will the price fall dramatically and then slowly climb up?
HOTServers LLC

Activity: 54

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2012, 08:00:20 AM

I would also like to know about them, as being a host we need to convert bitcoins into real money.
BTCGamez

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 08:49:20 AM

Dont use paypal. The risk getting scammed by paypal or the sender.

Why wouldnt you use Mt.Gox etc?
swhitelex

Activity: 18

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2012, 04:15:01 PM

nice! thanks for the site. I may use it. Any chance there could be a way of making deposits through this avenue? I am new to bitcoin and am a Poker player at Seals With Clubs. If we could have a simple way of depositing with a GDMP at least that would be great.

I know of bitinstant and gtgox. I understand it but most who are trying to get an idea of bitcoin, depositing sometimes can be overwelming. Good site to make it simple to get US$$ from bitcoin making the process simple and easy to understand and straightforward.

If there was a straightforward way to deposit, similar to your site, that would be cream of the crop imo.

KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 04:31:11 PM

I use Gox or occasionally a Skype friend will buy small amounts with Paypal. The latter does require some trust.

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
swhitelex

Activity: 18

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2012, 04:56:28 PM

I use Gox or occasionally a Skype friend will buy small amounts with Paypal. The latter does require some trust.

For poker players, the typical transaction is either through the following: skrill, GDMP for p2p transfers, visa and mastercard, amex and starting to see a little dwolla. Not including PayPal for I understand the ramifications. I see as the easiest way to exchange thier $$ to bitcoin currently would be bitinstant. To them, it would be too much trouble for them to drive over and do a zipzap payment for they have not had to do that before. They avoid having to go to a clerk and explain to them what they are doing. It would work if they could just plug a card number in and voila.

So right now, the least convenient options is the easiest to explain unless they do p2p atm which makes it difficult.
TangibleCryptography

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

Tangible Cryptography LLC

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2012, 05:59:14 PM

nice! thanks for the site. I may use it. Any chance there could be a way of making deposits through this avenue? I am new to bitcoin and am a Poker player at Seals With Clubs. If we could have a simple way of depositing with a GDMP at least that would be great.

I know of bitinstant and gtgox. I understand it but most who are trying to get an idea of bitcoin, depositing sometimes can be overwelming. Good site to make it simple to get US$$ from bitcoin making the process simple and easy to understand and straightforward.

If there was a straightforward way to deposit, similar to your site, that would be cream of the crop imo.

We do bitcoins sales (your cash -> our bitcoins) under a different programs "bitcoins direct".  However right now we aren't accepting new clients until our new site launches.   Bitcoins Direct is more aimed towards bulk purchases and has a minimum order size of $500 and requires the use of GPG encryption. 

Have you looked into https://bitinstant.com ?
blink.blonk.01

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 06:13:24 PM

I thought mt gox was the standard go-to?
HOTServers LLC

Activity: 54

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2012, 07:26:31 PM

looks like https://fastcash4bitcoins.com do ACH transfers looks like a better way for us but I am not sure about their credibility.

It would be great to hear something from their existing customers who had used their services.
Fjordbit

Activity: 588

firstbits.com/1kznfw

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2012, 08:18:01 PM

looks like https://fastcash4bitcoins.com do ACH transfers looks like a better way for us but I am not sure about their credibility.

It would be great to hear something from their existing customers who had used their services.

Fastcash4bitcoins is run by Tangible Cryptography, who has impeccable reputation. Here's the support thread.
acc1dent

Activity: 7

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 02:10:34 AM

Thanks for the info
mjc

Available on Kindle

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2012, 02:49:06 PM

You can use Bitcoin-otc, check out http://bitcoin-otc.com

I haven no affiliation with them, I just lie their service.  Its an IRC based service.  The link I provided will walk you though using the site.  I cover a step by step to get start in my book, see link in my signature.

Kindle : Bitcoin Step by Step (2nd Ed) : http://www.amazon.com/Bitcoin-Step-by-ebook/dp/B00A1CUQQU
Kindle : Bitcoin Mining Step by Step : http://www.amazon.com/Bitcoin-Step-by-ebook/dp/B00A1CUQQU
Facebook :  https://www.facebook.com/BitcoinStepByStep     Twitter : @BitcoinSbS
quattrobente

Activity: 35

View Profile
December 07, 2012, 04:08:09 AM

I have a lot of btc i'd like to unload however my country is still in it's infancy in the btc world. so no dwolla, PP for obvious reasons ( i don't want my money to get held) what are the other methods  could i use? I'd like a safer route.
caoxg

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

Winter is coming

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2012, 09:27:49 AM

mtgox ?

I'm running a Chinese crowdfunding website: dreamchina.com.
quattrobente

Activity: 35

View Profile
December 07, 2012, 11:35:54 AM

I see that you only cater to US. since i need a paypal verified "US address" . Are there any options that  you might be able to do. i have a lot of btc for unloading. Im from the Philippines. I have Paypal but in fear of getting my account frozen from what i read.
Fjordbit

firstbits.com/1kznfw

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2012, 02:48:03 PM

I see that you only cater to US. since i need a paypal verified "US address" . Are there any options that  you might be able to do. i have a lot of btc for unloading. Im from the Philippines. I have Paypal but in fear of getting my account frozen from what i read.

That's a reasonable fear. Paypal is notorious for such things. I would try to use one of the options with International Bank Wire on this page.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: