Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:54:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2012-12-05 pr.com - GigaTux Accepts Bitcoins on Its Hosting Platform  (Read 1253 times)
Akka (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 08:50:21 AM

Not really Press about Bitcoin, but it's a press release after all.

Quote from: http://www.pr.com
GigaTux Accepts Bitcoins on Its Hosting Platform

GigaTux is proud to accept Bitcoins on for any of its hosting products, including VPS and web hosting packages.

London, United Kingdom, December 05, 2012 --(PR.com)-- GigaTux understands that transacting with some countries can be difficult using the regular currency channels, and also that some people would like to retain some degree of anonyminity, so Bitcoin is now accepted directly with no additional charges. The daily Bitcoin exchange rate is used for all purchases based on the price for GigaTux services and payment is usually registered within one minute.

Bitcoin is a decentralised digital currency and the most widely used alternate currency in the world. Bitcoins are not tied to any exchange rate and are exchanged between users on a peer-to-peer network which regulates Bitcoins' balances, transactions and issuance according to consensus in network software. Although not officially recognised by many organisations, Bitcoin is a fascinating experiement on global money transfer and GigaTux is proud to participate in this economy.

Payments can be made for services running on GigaTux's Linux hosting servers in the UK (London), USA (San Jose and Chicago) and Germany (Frankfurt). All servers run on Xen with hard disks in a RAID-10 configuration and two Intel Xeon CPUs each.

To sign up, visit http://www.gigatux.com/virtual.php

Link: http://www.pr.com/press-release/459154

All previous versions of currency will no longer be supported as of this update

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gigatux

Activity: 343
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 09:04:39 PM

Many thanks for the repost.

I've been bitten by the Bitcoin bug and there have been many times we've had to turn away clients because the standard monetary system has failed between their country and the UK. So, because of this and because it's a hugely interesting concept, I'm proud that GigaTux is accepting Bitcoins.

Marc
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2012, 09:05:52 PM

Many thanks for the repost.

I've been bitten by the Bitcoin bug and there have been many times we've had to turn away clients because the standard monetary system has failed between their country and the UK. So, because of this and because it's a hugely interesting concept, I'm proud that GigaTux is accepting Bitcoins.

Marc

Great news, thank you

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
sunnankar
Legendary

Activity: 1031
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2012, 09:17:15 PM

I've been bitten by the Bitcoin bug and there have been many times we've had to turn away clients because the standard monetary system has failed

Chomp!

Well, I hope MediaTemple gets with the Bitcoin program or they might lose my business which is hundreds of dollars per month for VPS, C-Panel, Plesk, etc. The bandwidth seems a little low but useable. I really like your storage plans. Would switch right now if it were not such a huge pain moving so many domains.

You could probably crush it with an affiliate program that pays in BTC.

marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 09:20:19 PM

Another building block falls into place for the autonomous BitBot

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=53855.0  Cheesy

Edit: wonder if we can place bets on when the first bitbot will puttin up WordPress websites on Gigatux, etc ?

2_Thumbs_Up

Activity: 323
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 10:12:43 PM

I've been bitten by the Bitcoin bug and there have been many times we've had to turn away clients because the standard monetary system has failed

Chomp!

Well, I hope MediaTemple gets with the Bitcoin program or they might lose my business which is hundreds of dollars per month for VPS, C-Panel, Plesk, etc. The bandwidth seems a little low but useable. I really like your storage plans. Would switch right now if it were not such a huge pain moving so many domains.

You could probably crush it with an affiliate program that pays in BTC.
You should switch, if only for the chance to send MediaTemple an email telling them about the reason you're leaving them.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: