Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 11:11:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin and the Bible Code  (Read 2490 times)
rat (OP)

Activity: 253
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 11:44:45 AM

ok. so i have been having trouble sleeping lately. so like most folks i decided to do some channel surfing; hoping for some dumbed-down american tv programming to to send me off to neverland.

i went to my default favorites: history channel, history channel 2, science channel, national geographic, discovery... you know - the typical nerd variety.

i forget what channel it was but i started watching this documentary on the Bible Code. i had heard of it before but dismissed it as just another excuse for religious folks to cling to their dying view of the world. i immediately started laughing because w/o even learning about it i thought it was going to be a show like Ancient Aliens: full of assumptions and illogical conclusions. "magnets? must be aliens!"

well...let me say that after the program was over i was bit freaked out. i was stunned by how many scientists, mathematicians, cryptographers, and academics who started out as skeptics became believers - even ones who had worked decades for world governments.

according to some formula of equidistance everything from the rise of hitler to 9/11 could be found in the code. in fact, the proponents of the code believe everything can be found in it.

so i gave it a whirl.

i downloaded the program and typed in some bitcoin terms and didn't find anything, but...

the name SATOSHI came up 50 times. i was unable to apply it to the book of jeremiah because of some software error, though.

out of my mathematical ineptitude i didn't look for other bitcoin related words in those searches, but maybe others have - or could.  

has anyone else done this before? did you find any interesting results? if so, please share.    
TalkingAntColony

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 02:49:18 PM

Given any sufficiently long random sequence of letters, it is likely to find many such patters that have meaning to humans.

http://www.skepdic.com/bibcode.html
Akka
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 03:21:30 PM

Given any sufficiently long random sequence of letters, it is likely to find many such patters that have meaning to humans.

http://www.skepdic.com/bibcode.html

That was a real interesting read, thank you for posting that.

The conclusion, doing ELS analysis on other book was what I expected. But having a link to show people is always a fine thing.

All previous versions of currency will no longer be supported as of this update
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 03:29:00 PM

This theory has been shown to be a math trick. It was applied to Moby Dick, the dictionary and other works, which also showed these coded "predictions". It is not about the bible, rather a formula to create patterns. There is nothing magical about the bible. It is typical of ancient writings.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2012, 04:11:59 PM

I wonder what messages could be found in the Satoshi Code. (White Paper)
BladeMcCool

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 04:41:36 PM

ok. so i have been having trouble sleeping lately.

Have you tried doing some physical exertion right before you lie down? Lately i've been doing some pushups until i cannot pushup no-more right before bed (being fairly unfit, i get to about 15 lol but its faster than getting tired out on the exercise bike) and then i stick the 60-minutes-white-noise mp3 on a loop and doze off pretty well. Seems to work better than cannabis (I am on a T-break) for me and without exposing the mind to mind-altering television programming.
laughingbear
Deflationary champion

Activity: 622
Merit: 500

www.cryptobetfair.com

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2012, 04:49:34 PM

melatonin is a good friend of mine.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 4656

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 04:55:54 PM

I wonder what messages could be found in the Satoshi Code. (White Paper)
Probably not many, if you are going to try to pull arbitrary patterns from a random set, you need a large source.  The white paper just isn't long enough.  On the other hand, if we took the block chain, and converted every 5 bits into a letter of the english alphabet (just throw out the values from 26 to 31), then created a "Bible Code" out of that string of characters, I suspect you'll find almost any short message you might look for.
foggyb
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1006

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 07:22:12 PM

The bible code you are describing is a silly little distraction from the really interesting stuff.

http://www.thescienceforum.com/scientific-study-religion/5487-pi-e-alpha-encoded-within-scripture.html

http://www.ldolphin.org/pi/index.html

I just registered for the $PLOTS presale! Thank you @plotsfinance for allowing me to purchase tokens at the discounted valuation of only $0.015 per token, a special offer for anyone who participated in the airdrop. Tier II round is for the public at $0.025 per token. Allocation is very limited and you need to register first using the official Part III link found on their twitter. Register using my referral code CPB5 to receive 2,500 points.
vongesell

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 11:06:39 AM

first this is all in total error because you are looking in an english version of the bible. switch to hebrew and search for ביטקוין
tinus42

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 03:58:50 PM
Last edit: June 09, 2013, 04:17:37 PM by tinus42

The Bible Code = BTC.  Wink

Besides didn't Max Keiser call Satoshi the Cyber Christ? Grin

Anyways I have this book in my bookchest:

I'm not sure what the hidden messages in it are but they seem very interesting. Smiley
TippingPoint
Legendary

Activity: 905
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 04:54:11 PM

i went to my default favorites: history channel, history channel 2, science channel, national geographic, discovery... you know - the typical nerd variety.

We are so predictable.
LorenzoMoney

Activity: 335
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 09:25:18 PM

Actually it would be ביטקיין

That is two yods and not a vav and yod.  But, your point is well taken. The KJV is not the original text and the Bible was not written in KJV english.

Hebrew is.

first this is all in total error because you are looking in an english version of the bible. switch to hebrew and search for ביטקוין

https://twitter.com/Lorenzo_Money -- Bitcoin Address: 1EttqaSSCksRAXrwejoChs5zmGjSikN9mC -- http://lorenzomoney.wordpress.com/
The Bulk of mankind is as well equipped for flying as thinking. - Jonathan Swift
DOGE COIN address: DSYMgD1HfmJFwNuc6Zvhp7PkrVD1QRBsgu
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 11:46:58 PM

Actually it would be ביטקיין

That is two yods and not a vav and yod.  But, your point is well taken. The KJV is not the original text and the Bible was not written in KJV english.

Hebrew is.

But, because it is only a trick it will work in English, Chinese, or Hebrew, or whatever.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Malawi

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

One bitcoin to rule them all!

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 01:02:38 AM

You can make up and find "meaning" in any large text.

Watch the movie Pi (not the glossy one with the tiger)

BitCoin is NOT a pyramid - it's a pagoda.
AlternaPost

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 01:10:37 AM

I tried it once. I didn't find anything about the world trade center towers, but I did find the word gullible in there a few thousand times.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: