Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 09:13:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Of course he ate the guy. What´s a man to do?  (Read 493 times)
galdur (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 04:56:29 AM

CANNIBAL CASTAWAY? Jose Salvador Alvarenga, who survived 14 months at sea, accused of eating colleague Ezequiel Cordoba's remains in relatives' $1M lawsuit

BY DAN GOOD  NEW YORK DAILY NEWS Tuesday, December 15, 2015, 2:21 PM

That's no way to treat your fishing buddy.

Jose Salvador Alvarenga — who famously survived after being lost at sea for 438 days — is accused of eating his colleague's remains in order to survive, according to a $1 million lawsuit filed by the man's relatives.

Alvarenga has long denied cannibalism claims, and his attorney believes the lawsuit was financially motivated.

Alvarenga stated following his March 2014 rescue that fisherman Ezequiel Cordoba died around four months into the voyage. After Cordoba died, Alvarenga says he kept the body on board for six days, afraid of the loneliness.

Alvarenga and Cordoba, a 22-year-old novice fisherman, set out for the Mexican village of Costa Azul on Nov. 17, 2012. The journey was supposed to take two days, but their 25-foot fiberglass boat got caught in a storm, and the boat's motor and radio died.

As their boat drifted, the castaways ate raw fish, uncooked birds and turtles, and drank their own urine, Alvarenga said later.

Cordoba wasn't as skilled of a survivalist and fell ill after eating a bird. The partners later found a venomous sea snake in the bird's gut.

Cordoba's emotional state deteriorated, and he tried to throw himself overboard, Alvarenga said later. As his physical and emotional states deteriorated, Cordoba reportedly had two promises for his partner — not to eat his corpse, and that he find Cordoba's mother and tell her what happened.

Alvarenga kept the second promise after coming ashore on an outpost of the Marshall Islands.

"I want it understood that I am not blaming this person, Alvarenga, nor am I declaring him guilty of anything," the man's mother, Diaz Cueto, said at the time of the meeting.

Jose Salvador Alvarenga came ashore in early 2014 on an outpost of the Marshall Islands.
CASTAWAY LOST AT SEA FOR 13 MONTHS MOSTLY THOUGHT ABOUT TORTILLAS, CHICKEN, SUICIDE

But now, Cordoba's family alleges that Alvarenga ate their relative's remains.

Alvarenga has not been charged with any crimes, and Cordoba's body was never recovered. Alvarenga's lawyer, Ricardo Cucalon, says that the lawsuit is financially motivated following the release of Jonathan Franklin's book about the fisherman's story, "438 Days."

"I believe that this demand is part of the pressure from this family to divide the proceeds of royalties," Cucalon told the El Salvadoran newspaper El Diario de Hoy. "Many believe the book is making my client a rich man, but what he will earn is much less than people think."

Cordoba's family has previously demanded that Alvarenga hand over 50% of the book's revenues. But so far the book, which was released in November, has sold poorly in the United States, Cucalon said. Alvarenga was also sued by his former attorney.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/castaway-lost-sea-14-months-accused-cannibalism-article-1.2466669

zenitzz

Activity: 560

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 06:32:50 AM

I'm sure if it were the other way around, the Cordoba family would not bat an eyelid if they suspected cannibalism. They would just be happy to have their son back. It's amazing either of them survived!
galdur (OP)

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 06:44:34 AM

They want a piece of his money-making action from the adventure, no doubt. But I think he blew his mouth off about eating part of the other guy and the family got wind of that. He did admit to keeping the body for a week after all.

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 04:40:12 PM

They want a piece of his money-making action from the adventure, no doubt. But I think he blew his mouth off about eating part of the other guy and the family got wind of that. He did admit to keeping the body for a week after all.

Look, let's not go after the guy without some evidence.

Now was any barbecue sauce bottles found on the boat?  Were they empty?
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 1373

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 05:54:55 PM

We can guestimate that he ate the guy. And we would probably be correct. But he better get his story down solidly with himself and with the authorities, and then doggedly stick to it. Because he is the only witness, and there is no controverting evidence, he should win if he sticks to his story completely.

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
galdur (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 06:14:32 PM

We can guestimate that he ate the guy. And we would probably be correct. But he better get his story down solidly with himself and with the authorities, and then doggedly stick to it. Because he is the only witness, and there is no controverting evidence, he should win if he sticks to his story completely.

Smiley

Yeah, it´s a problem. If he admits to eating the guy or parts of him, well who´s to say that he didn´t even bump him off. Hunger and thirst can lead to extreme measures. Better that you die so I can live a few more days, that sort of thing. I´ve never been in any life-threatening situation myself so I can´t really judge.

Xubu

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 07:15:20 PM

Off course he ate him. Look at how fat he is. and look at his cheeks. He has fat cheeks he ate like a king over there Smiley.
galdur (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 07:53:03 PM

Definitely not a politically correct cartoon in 2015.

Wackiki Wabbit (1943)

Two hungry castaways encounter Bugs Bunny on a tropical island.

Director: Charles M. Jones
Producer: Leon Schlesinger

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyHoK9RVIrw

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: