Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 10:11:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitCoin = JesusCoin  (Read 6080 times)
BalkanBoy (OP)

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 06:14:36 AM

I'm not overstating it, I swear - search for "Jesus" on the forum - you find His presence at least in 20+ different instances!  Cool (sorry atheists, tho I have great respect for you too as it takes 1000x more faith to deny God/Jesus/Holy Spirit than to surrender as I a little weakling have Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Garrett Burgwardt

Activity: 406
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 06:15:18 AM

What?
BalkanBoy (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 06:16:15 AM

What?

It came to serve all. Hopefully not die though.
DATA COMMANDER

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 06:24:21 AM

So...you're saying that Bitcoin is God?  Shocked

Tips are appreciated (very tiny tips are perfectly okay!) 13gDRynPfLH3NNAz3nVyU3k3mYVcfeiQuF
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2011, 06:26:18 AM

And Satoshi is the father.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
BalkanBoy (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 06:26:25 AM

Clearly, I flatter it. But if you're bent on word specifics, let me be clearer - it aspires toward God status, as far as currency goes and putting power in the people's hands. This is my view of it. Of course, YMMV.
BalkanBoy (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 06:30:41 AM

Satoshi is as real as Keyser Söze. And if BitCoin is the work of a lone individual "Japanese programmer", then I'm Batman.
Giulio Prisco

Activity: 173
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 06:32:08 AM

Can I be an archangel?

ledskof

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 06:44:13 AM

I'm not overstating it, I swear - search for "Jesus" on the forum - you find His presence at least in 20+ different instances!  Cool (sorry atheists, tho I have great respect for you too as it takes 1000x more faith to deny God/Jesus/Holy Spirit than to surrender as I a little weakling have Smiley

At least you're making it clear that your belief is founded on fear.

But you are wrong to generalize all atheists into people who exhibit some great bravery by denying god.  All it takes to be an atheist is to be unconvinced that a god exists.  Nothing special there except that there is so much pressure from society to be convinced for silly reasons.
d.james

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Firstbits: 12pqwk

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 06:57:29 AM

in god we trust, buy buy buy!!

You can not roll a BitCoin, but you can rollback some. Cheesy
Roll me back: 1NxMkvbYn8o7kKCWPsnWR4FDvH7L9TJqGG
BalkanBoy (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 06:57:37 AM

I'm not overstating it, I swear - search for "Jesus" on the forum - you find His presence at least in 20+ different instances!  Cool (sorry atheists, tho I have great respect for you too as it takes 1000x more faith to deny God/Jesus/Holy Spirit than to surrender as I a little weakling have Smiley

At least you're making it clear that your belief is founded on fear.

But you are wrong to generalize all atheists into people who exhibit some great bravery by denying god.  All it takes to be an atheist is to be unconvinced that a god exists.  Nothing special there except that there is so much pressure from society to be convinced for silly reasons.

I'll eject a personal view here again - there is no "un"-anything. Unconvinced is a cop out. You push people's buttons hard/fast enough, you will very quickly find out what their conviction, their underlying theme of their life is, or let's put it succinctly - you will find out who their god is.

I am clear on who my God is (note the difference in spelling too) - the God of Israel, Abraham and Isaac. Clearly, I've no intention of convincing anyone nor do I particularly care if you believe in the only real living God.

Now, there are other types of gods (again, note the difference in spelling). E.g. there's the god of desire.... or the god of money... or the god of lust...

To tie it in with the topic at hand - many people have come to view BitCoin as the god of money, or an aspiration to become the god of money, or the desire for money....

While it may look that way to many, it is my personal feeling/belief/opinion, that BitCoin has come to serve the real God, rather than the idol gods.

Lastly, I just want to qualify your comment about 'fear' - the only thing I fear is living an inauthentic life. I, as do you and anyone else here, have a value system, a belief system, if you will - be it Judeo-Christian or some other self-invented ones, doesn't matter. Since I've settled on ONE particular belief system, the index for my behavior is my interpretation of those beliefs/values, and my greatest fear is being a lying snake or a coward and not admitting when I screw up the rules that I choose to follow, e.g. being inauthentic.

If I break some rule, the only thing I fear is that I will, at least, temporarily, not have the courage to admit it. For instance, if I cheat on my wife, and make children with my mistress - I fear how long it will take me to admit or get caught cheating.

So in that sense, I have a "fear".

Other than that, I have no fear of dying, losing my job, my wife divorcing me, my daughter becoming a lesbian, or any of that ....

danuker

Activity: 18
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 07:25:19 AM

Bitcoin serves whatever god wants to exchange it. It makes no difference whether you're Yahweh or Allah or Buddha or Jesus or Zeus. If you've got something to trade, Bitcoin can help you.
Stardust

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 07:29:08 AM

Buddha was at least humble enough to admit he was human.
BalkanBoy (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 07:44:18 AM

Buddha was at least humble enough to admit he was human.

Why don't you say what you really mean?
BalkanBoy (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 07:48:40 AM

Bitcoin serves whatever god wants to exchange it. It makes no difference whether you're Yahweh or Allah or Buddha or Jesus or Zeus. If you've got something to trade, Bitcoin can help you.

I agree. I said I see it as ultimately serving the living God. Of course, it will serve all the other gods too, in the process....

BitCoin's impact cannot be overstated when used for doing Good. But before we get to that part, there's the cost of dealing with all the Bad and Ugly parts too.... and that's already begun. Let's hope our leaders will see BOTH uses, rather than ban it outright, which will only make it more popular.

The idea behind bitcoin is solid. The implementation might show some cracks, but the idea can't die. It's the ultimate Lbertarian pipe dream coming alive...
coffeetablesex

Activity: 23

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 07:50:34 AM

The difference between Bitcoins and Jesus?

Bitcoins are real.
danuker

Activity: 18
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 07:54:09 AM

Bitcoins are real.

ROFL! Grin
BalkanBoy (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 07:54:27 AM

Bitcoins are real.

Some, more philosophically inclined characters, might take issue with that point.

As for Jesus, no, he is not real.... in your mind/heart.... because you've not accepted him yet.

My personal assurance to you, however, whether you like it or not is - BitCoin and Jesus are as real as the back of your hand.... or as real as coffee table sex.
ledskof

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 08:04:24 AM

there is no "un"-anything. Unconvinced is a cop out. You push people's buttons hard/fast enough, you will very quickly find out what their conviction, their underlying theme of their life is, or let's put it succinctly - you will find out who their god is.

This is appears to be another faith based position you've acquired.

If you push some people's buttons, you might find people who are unconvinced that there is any conclusive or rational evidence to claim there was an all powerful creator of the universe or a deity who expects worship from its creation.
If you push enough people's buttons, you might even find a person who thinks your "there is no un-anything" statement is sane.

Actually when I say the word "you" in the last 2 sentences, I mean "people in general". But when it comes to you specifically I have faith that you have already decided what you think about every person who can possibly fall under the category atheist and that you have lots of silly empty statements like "unconvinced is a cop out" that you find clever in discussions against atheists and that regardless of their emptiness, still give you strength in your faith based positions.

And I'd just like to add, you sound a bit psychotic to me, mostly due to your path of extrapolation.
BalkanBoy (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 08:07:21 AM

there is no "un"-anything. Unconvinced is a cop out. You push people's buttons hard/fast enough, you will very quickly find out what their conviction, their underlying theme of their life is, or let's put it succinctly - you will find out who their god is.

This is appears to be another faith based position you've acquired.

If you push some people's buttons, you might find people who are unconvinced that there is any conclusive or rational evidence to claim there was an all powerful creator of the universe or a deity who expects worship from its creation.
If you push enough people's buttons, you might even find a person who thinks your "there is no un-anything" statement is sane.

Actually when I say the word "you" in the last 2 sentences, I mean "people in general". But when it comes to you specifically I have faith that you have already decided what you think about every person who can possibly fall under the category atheist and that you have lots of silly empty statements like "unconvinced is a cop out" that you find clever in discussions against atheists and that regardless of their emptiness, still give you strength in your faith based positions.

And I'd just like to add, you sound a bit psychotic to me, mostly due to your path of extrapolation.

Thank you for your intelligent remarks and lovely complements.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: