Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:35:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitCoin = JesusCoin  (Read 6080 times)
redicarus

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 08:13:30 AM

If anything, wouldn't BTC be satanic? Sounds a bit like the supra-national currency mentioned in Revelations, and I'm sure that 666 has popped up in the blockchain here and there.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BalkanBoy (OP)

Activity: 50

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 08:36:27 AM

If anything, wouldn't BTC be satanic? Sounds a bit like the supra-national currency mentioned in Revelations, and I'm sure that 666 has popped up in the blockchain here and there.

Well - I thought about that label long enough... If you notice, its use ranges from paying for an Avatar LSD-laced blotter or a hooker to achieving the ultimate Libertarian pipe dream of decentralized currency, Fed-elimination, etc.

If you think along those lines, there are people here who think Jesus wasn't real... or maybe that he was a liar or a lunatic, or a mere human like us.

Judging by how POLARIZING BitCoin is, it led me to my original title of labeling BitCoin as JesusCoin. It is based in nothing other than people's willingness to use it for X, Y and Z.

You could say that ultimately, BitCoin is going to drive out the best and the worst in people to the surface.... and as with anything, Good will prevail in the end.

Whomever designed it, knows human nature all too well. If the designers' context was to scam people, the only ones that will get scammed are those who are desirous of making money quickly. However, it has attracted all kinds of people... not just men with larceny and greed in their heart.

The evidence doesn't lend itself that way (Evil) however - they've made EVERYTHING public, source code, algorithms, implementations - up for grabs and up for review. This kind of utter transparency does not come, at least in my view, from a malicious context. It comes with a desire to do Good, e.g. to serve the Lord and worship Him. There are people who can understand the algorithm, take it to its logical extreme and break it, if it can be broken easily, that is, if you could do a double-spend easily....

Jesus also did not hide anything. He came to do the Father's business. He led a virtuous and transparent life.

In the end, NO SCAM can endure the test of time. No lie stays forever hidden. No secret remains forever buried. This is a fact - and you can test this at your own leisure (or peril....).

Satoshi, in my view, is not a person - but a group of people with an understanding of a little bit more than just software engineering (that's what I do, and I could write my own BitCoin client but I could not have come up with the BitCoin idea without a M.S. in economics and some applied experience. I know human nature enough to get by, but I do not know economics all that well....).

I thought at first it is Satanic, and a scam- and while I do believe it is intended to leave quite a few people believing that exactly, I somehow feel ultimately the idea behind it is designed to help ALL people.....

Thus, JesusCoin.....

Of course, I could be wrong for I'm merely human..... but then so could all the miners too, right? Smiley

kokjo
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

You are WRONG!

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 08:40:08 AM

The difference between Bitcoins and Jesus?

Bitcoins are real.
there is in fact no such thing as a bitcoin. (read the source code)

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts." -Bertrand Russell
gigitrix

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 09:04:18 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHA. ha.
Anonymous

June 07, 2011, 10:13:15 AM

The bible is gods block chain....
TraderTimm
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 11:35:04 AM

Parent poster, if you get raptured - can I have your wallet? Just set up a 'deadman switch' algorithm that needs input from you at least once a week. Once you are spirited away, the algo will send your balance to my address below.

Thanks!

fortitudinem multis - catenum regit omnia
Litt

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 01:57:53 PM

No
againey

Activity: 9

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 03:33:45 PM

The bible is gods block chain....
Heh, if the bitcoin blockchain had as many unresolvable splits as the bible, it would have been a complete and utter failure by this point.  No one would be able to agree on who spent what and how now possesses what.

Either that, or local areas would just have their own "denominations" of bitcoin.   Grin
tgeo

Activity: 19

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 03:42:40 PM

http://files.sharenator.com/tldr_RE_Funny_Advice_Post-s388x512-145050.jpg
BalkanBoy (OP)

Activity: 50

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 04:36:53 PM

Heh, if the bitcoin blockchain had as many unresolvable splits as the bible, it would have been a complete and utter failure by this point.  No one would be able to agree on who spent what and how now possesses what.

Either that, or local areas would just have their own "denominations" of bitcoin.   Grin

Could you name an unresolvable split in the Bible please? Preferably, one that you cannot resolve for yourself based on your own reading. I'd love to help you resolve it.
Jaime Frontero

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 04:54:58 PM

I'm not overstating it, I swear - search for "Jesus" on the forum - you find His presence at least in 20+ different instances!  Cool (sorry atheists, tho I have great respect for you too as it takes 1000x more faith to deny God/Jesus/Holy Spirit than to surrender as I a little weakling have Smiley

Jesus Christ...

you mean like that?
mikewillz

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

Everything Mike Willz (Skype Mike_Willz) Google Me

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2011, 05:19:40 PM

The difference between Bitcoins and Jesus?

Bitcoins are real.

Some, more philosophically inclined characters, might take issue with that point.

As for Jesus, no, he is not real.... in your mind/heart.... because you've not accepted him yet.

My personal assurance to you, however, whether you like it or not is - BitCoin and Jesus are as real as the back of your hand.... or as real as coffee table sex.

Romans Chap 1 Verse 21-28 is why you won't and probably never believe. To each his own god bless. I pray bitcoin hits 6 figures a coin. Talk about rocking the foundation lol

BTC: 1hHjrmxLQWJZPjfsQuPpftNHH6WBuAmbN

P.S: This is unreal.....
eprocent

Activity: 826
Merit: 255

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2014, 02:26:41 AM

Bitcoin serves whatever god wants to exchange it. It makes no difference whether you're Yahweh or Allah or Buddha or Jesus or Zeus. If you've got something to trade, Bitcoin can help you.

I agree. I said I see it as ultimately serving the living God. Of course, it will serve all the other gods too, in the process....

BitCoin's impact cannot be overstated when used for doing Good. But before we get to that part, there's the cost of dealing with all the Bad and Ugly parts too.... and that's already begun. Let's hope our leaders will see BOTH uses, rather than ban it outright, which will only make it more popular.

The idea behind bitcoin is solid. The implementation might show some cracks, but the idea can't die. It's the ultimate Lbertarian pipe dream coming alive...

I agree.
kr105

Activity: 938
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 02:30:54 AM

Bitcoin serves whatever god wants to exchange it. It makes no difference whether you're Yahweh or Allah or Buddha or Jesus or Zeus. If you've got something to trade, Bitcoin can help you.

I agree. I said I see it as ultimately serving the living God. Of course, it will serve all the other gods too, in the process....

BitCoin's impact cannot be overstated when used for doing Good. But before we get to that part, there's the cost of dealing with all the Bad and Ugly parts too.... and that's already begun. Let's hope our leaders will see BOTH uses, rather than ban it outright, which will only make it more popular.

The idea behind bitcoin is solid. The implementation might show some cracks, but the idea can't die. It's the ultimate Lbertarian pipe dream coming alive...

I agree.
Do you realize that you just replied to a topic over 3 years old?

Btw, LukeJr likes this thread.
Bubbsandbubbs3

Activity: 267
Merit: 252

Squirtle squirt.

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2014, 02:55:13 AM

You're seriously not helping people become Christians here. I appreciate you trying, but people are joking or being confused. Is it possible to delete your own topic?

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: