Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 09:40:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoins does not serve any benefits to the human kind.  (Read 5463 times)
gabgab (OP)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 06:15:55 AM

doctors save lives, firemen make our homes safe, astronauts explore the outer space etc...

bitcoins do nothing except pushing numbers around to make the early adaptors rich.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MemoryDealers
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1105

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2011, 06:18:53 AM

They also prevent governments from stealing from people by inflating the money supply.

mcdeeda

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 06:21:31 AM

one could easily say the same thing about most economic, technological, hell, any developments

"doctors save lives, firemen make our homes safe, astronauts explore the outer space etc...

US dollars do nothing except pushing numbers around to make the bankers rich."

"doctors save lives, firemen make our homes safe, astronauts explore the outer space etc...

Video games do nothing except pushing numbers around to make the game companies rich."

jeans do nothing except pushing numbers around to make the clothing manufacturers rich."

soda pop does nothing except pushing numbers around to make Coca Cola rich."
DATA COMMANDER

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 06:23:24 AM

doctors save lives, firemen make our homes safe, astronauts explore the outer space etc...

bitcoins do nothing except pushing numbers around to make the early adaptors rich.

No one is forcing anyone to use Bitcoin. No one (that I know of) is trying to trick people into using them. (Most newbies who post on this forum are told to fuck off if they don't like the idea.)

And yet the price of a bitcoin is almost $20. How do you explain this? Is every single person who's bought or mined a bitcoin just an idiot? Because no one is coercing them into using Bitcoin, and yet they are.

Tips are appreciated (very tiny tips are perfectly okay!) 13gDRynPfLH3NNAz3nVyU3k3mYVcfeiQuF
benjamindees
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 06:25:29 AM

The purpose of currencies and markets is to exchange information about who is doing what, what needs to be done, and what would just be duplicate work.  This makes everyone's jobs easier and more effective.  If no one wanted astronauts to explore outer space, for instance, and instead people wanted more doctors to save lives, then prices would indicate this and jobs could be allocated more efficiently.

So yes, as a very efficient currency, Bitcoin is just pushing numbers around.

Civil Liberty Through Complex Mathematics
drugsmang

Activity: 27

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 06:26:45 AM

doctors push pills for pharma, firemen get drunk and fight with cops, astronauts explore the inside of a space station and do research for Dupont and the military. cosmonauts slingshot around the sun and punch you in the balls for trollinalongtheforums
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2011, 06:28:43 AM

If people don't find them valuable how could the first users profit? If people do find them valuable th

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
wumpus

Activity: 812
Merit: 1022

No Maps for These Territories

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 06:38:49 AM

You could pay doctors, firemen and astronauts with them.

Bitcoin Core developer [PGP] Warning: For most, coin loss is a larger risk than coin theft. A disk can die any time. Regularly back up your wallet through FileBackup Wallet to an external storage or the (encrypted!) cloud. Use a separate offline wallet for storing larger amounts.
TraderTimm
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 12:13:00 PM

Any invention that allows people to be free while using it is worth everything to humanity.

fortitudinem multis - catenum regit omnia
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1007

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2011, 12:33:43 PM

bitcoin facilitates trade, which makes both parties better off.  This in turn facilitates specialization, when increases productive efficiency due to the economy of scale. 

insert coin here:
Dash XfXZL8WL18zzNhaAqWqEziX2bUvyJbrC8s

1Ctd7Na8qE7btyueEshAJF5C7ZqFWH11Wc
rezin777

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 01:39:38 PM

Would you be interested in Bitcoins if they were trading for .001 USD each and there were 2 websites that had any info about them? Probably not, but the early adopters were and that is why they are necessary. So if they manage to hold on to their coins until they are worth large sums of USD (no easy task), they deserve it, because here you are starting new threads about Bitcoins.
theboos

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 02:45:13 PM

bitcoin facilitates trade, which makes both parties better off.  This in turn facilitates specialization, when increases productive efficiency due to the economy of scale. 

+1. A more liquid currency with a single fast, easy, anonymous, untaxable, and secure method of payment allows much more efficient commerce than the US dollar which can be taxed and fee'd and is very difficult to transfer despite the numerous ways of doing so.
AllYourBase

Activity: 138

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 02:53:39 PM

Obvious troll is obvious
fetokun

Activity: 210

Presale is live!

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 02:57:03 PM

Obvious troll is obvious

that's what I was going to say

barbarousrelic

Activity: 675
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 03:13:45 PM

Money allows for the division of labor, which has done more to advance mankind than probably any other development.

Bitcoin serves as a more usable form of money.

Do not waste your time debating whether Bitcoin can work. It does work.

"Early adopters will profit" is not a sufficient condition to classify something as a pyramid or Ponzi scheme. If it was, Apple and Microsoft stock are Ponzi schemes.

There is no such thing as "market manipulation." There is only buying and selling.
kwukduck
Legendary

Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 03:24:17 PM

Obvious troll is obvious...
We should really stop feeding them every time a post like this pops up...

14b8PdeWLqK3yi3PrNHMmCvSmvDEKEBh3E
Horkabork

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 03:56:55 PM

On the scale of things, because there are so many humans alive and that very, very few people actually have unique skills or the potential to advance human knowledge or progress in any way, you could say that 99% of people do not serve any benefits to the humankind.

Twenty years after I die, probably most people who knew me personally will be themselves dead or enough time will have passed that memories and influences I had on them would be negligible. Since I'm in a science field, probably about 30 years after I die any effect that my meager life's work would have on scientific knowledge will have been expanded upon as much as possible, becoming little more than a citation at the end of certain papers, and my influence would be all but forgotten.

50 years after I die, evidence of my existence to my offspring's offspring will be limited to photos of a stranger, my name, and a few sentences about what I did, where I lived, and how I was related to them.

100 years after death, all that will exist of my influence on mankind will be my name in genealogical databases and archival data and my presence as a number in various statistics.

In about 300 years, if I'm lucky, the last person to ever read or say my name will have already done so.

In about 800 years, my genetic contribution to mankind, unless I personally have some beneficial very rare gene unique to just me, will be absolutely nothing.

In 1000 years, any rare, minute societal or cultural effect that I might have had will be gone as everything I was ever part of is mooshed together with the common events of billions of other people and generalized in history books.

History has taught us that, unless you are wildly rich, incredibly powerful, or you do something, make something, or invent something that a billion other people didn't think of yet, you might as well have never existed for your puny influence on the world. History has also taught us that the most accessible way for a common person to be remembered 1000 years from now is to be, essentially, a mass murderer and/or rapist. You don't need power, money, or to do something related to skill or intelligence, you just have to kill a lot of people and rape a lot of women. Actually, power or wealth might come secondarily to you if you become this mass murderer.

If successful, you'll influence laws and society for decades. You'll probably influence some people for their entire lives, if you can possibly be horrible enough to stain them emotionally. If you are a really decent rapist, then your genetic influence will probably last quite a while, especially if you rape in states that don't like abortions, even in cases of rape by mass murderers. If you can murder or rape selectively, such as selecting people who match some phenotype or genotype, then your genetic influence would be much, much greater.

This might not be a negative influence to human kind either, so long as you are looking at a scale 1000 years out and have a completely utilitarian perspective, whereas murdering only people with genetic disorders would be horrible in the short term, if you were really good at it, people for hundreds of years afterward would owe you for removing faulty genes from the gene pool.

I'm afraid, gabgab, that even though doctors save lives, and all the other stupid occupations you listed, very little that an individual does actually does jack shit to human kind. But since, being an intelligent person as you are, you realize this, then by criticizing people who aren't rich, powerful, or or able to do or make that one-in-a-billion contribution, you're actually criticizing people for not doing the one thing that could actually influence human-kind, in any way, positive or negative. You're criticizing people for not becoming mass murdering rapists, as that is the only thing that most of us could possibly do to affect humankind.

You sick fuck.

Me: 15gbWvpLPfbLJZBsL2u5gkBdL3BUXDbTuF
A goat: http://i52.tinypic.com/34pj4v6.jpg
Kman54

Activity: 52

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 04:26:43 PM

you realize doctors and firemen are human beings, while BTC is a currency right?  Your statement is equivelent to saying apples and bananas are good for eating, you can't eat BTC so its stupid.

Genius argument you came up, now back under the bridge troll.
royalecraig

Activity: 56

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2011, 04:35:04 PM

Doctors save lives ?

The 4th leading cause of death in the Western World is Pharmaceutical Drugs.
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=donald+light+alex+jones+pharmaceutical+drugs&aq=o

And the kitchen Cupboard / Grocery store come a close 5th.
http://harveyalexander.weebly.com/food-additives.html
Dobrodav

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 05:00:21 PM
Last edit: June 07, 2011, 06:25:00 PM by Dobrodav

...You ....

I am read that all, and  found that funny, and anough well written.
Your typing did not lost in wain.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: